How about some pics of chas clements work...

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
havent seen alot of his work.. but what i have seen has been really nice... anybody out there want to show theirs off?

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
come on stop holding out...

there has to be some of his work out there.... and i know how much everyone likes to show off there prize pieces..... calling out all chas clement CASES........thanks mickey carroll

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Tahnks

thanks mr barton.. i hope one day to add one of his cases to my collection...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
thanks mr barton.. i hope one day to add one of his cases to my collection...

When you really study his work you can see the intricacy in his tooling and the depth of his art.

I look at a LOT of tooling, I have books by some great teachers and have compiled a library of images of what I call exceptional tooling.

When you really get down to it and compare Chas' tooling with that of so many other great toolers you will find small details and twists that aren't apparent at first glance, you will see shapes that you don't see with others. The reason is because Chas owns a collection of stamps with some of them more than 100 years old and which are no longer made. And he is proficient with all of them.

He fits everything to the space perfectly and has a particularly keen sense of balance.

And it's not just his tooling that is exceptional. Look closely at the construction of his cases and sheathes. Everything is made to the highest standard with not a stitch out of place.

This afternoon I spent a little time watching the slideshow version of the gallery I pointed you to. This blows up all the pictures and shows off the details. Every time I do that I see something new that I haven't seen before on one of his pieces.

Chas Clements is still the unquestioned master at the art of the envelope style tooled case in my opinion. There are others knocking on the door surely but they have a LONG LONG LONG way to go to capture his attention to detail, intricacy of design, and mastery of the art.

If he gets back in the business and is able to produce cases that are anywhere close to what he has done then he will easily reclaim the number one spot as "the case" to own if you are a serious collector.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I have collected some pictures here as well - the same as are on the Jacksand Saps website but perhaps a little easier to view.

http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/index.php?g2_itemId=8372

I started to run the full page slide show and my puter put up a message that there is a "digital error" in the application.

Not knowing what that means I backed off.... but I sure would like to see that slide show. Clements stuff just knocks my socks off.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
weellllllll

why cant I post pictures durn it. My attachements dont work, smileys don't work

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I started to run the full page slide show and my puter put up a message that there is a "digital error" in the application.

Not knowing what that means I backed off.... but I sure would like to see that slide show. Clements stuff just knocks my socks off.

No idea. It's common software and it works for me but like everything to do with the net it seems as if different computers/browsers react differently.

Sorry you can't view the slide show. You should be able to scroll through the pictures.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
How about some photos of my new Dennis Swift 2 by 4 Envelope case ... with my initials on the top pocket and shoulder strap pad.

Simply beautiful.

And in POOR TASTE. Why would you post pictures of another man's work in this thread?

Dennis Swift makes SOLID cases. Well done and classic, simple by-the-book leather work.

He can't hold Chas' swivel knife though when it comes to the level of work Chas did. Not even close.

So while your Swift is pretty to you it's pretty plain and easy to do compared to Chas' work.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have collected some pictures here as well - the same as are on the Jacksand Saps website but perhaps a little easier to view.

http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/index.php?g2_itemId=8372

Hey, how 'bout some royalties on those C.Clements pics of mine you are using? :frown::cool::thumbup: J/K

Chas is definitely one of the true case artisans and masters of leatherworking. What an inspiration he has been. Wish there were more of his examples around for us all to see....there are just so few in existance !!

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
swift?

i own one also along with everyone else on azbilliards.... but chas work is on another level...i love all cases but to own a chas is a dream of mine...i wanted another justis and i just trade for one...i wonder if anyone with a chas needs a kidney?:embarrassed2:.... thanks mickey carroll

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
No idea. It's common software and it works for me but like everything to do with the net it seems as if different computers/browsers react differently.

Sorry you can't view the slide show. You should be able to scroll through the pictures.

I HAD to go back! Clements work is just so beautiful I can't resist looking. Went through all the pics twice. Just astounding work.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey, how 'bout some royalties on those C.Clements pics of mine you are using? :frown::cool::thumbup: J/K

Chas is definitely one of the true case artisans and masters of leatherworking. What an inspiration he has been. Wish there were more of his examples around for us all to see....there are just so few in existance !!

:) Sure as soon as I figure out how to make money off of them.

Seriously though I will be happy to remove any pictures that I have up that are owned by anyone else. OR also be willing to give credit for the use of them and provide a link for people to go to where they came from. I normally don't post pictures that I have saved to my hard drive that are not mine but did want to share Chas' work since I felt he deserved to not be forgotten or overlooked in the world of cue case making.

If you'd like a link then send me a PM with the link and I will put it up in that gallery.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
:) Sure as soon as I figure out how to make money off of them.

Seriously though I will be happy to remove any pictures that I have up that are owned by anyone else. OR also be willing to give credit for the use of them and provide a link for people to go to where they came from. I normally don't post pictures that I have saved to my hard drive that are not mine but did want to share Chas' work since I felt he deserved to not be forgotten or overlooked in the world of cue case making.

If you'd like a link then send me a PM with the link and I will put it up in that gallery.

John, just busting your chops....Chas asked to use them, so it's fine for you too as well for that purpose. :smile: That case he did for M.Adams is truly splendid....wish I still had it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, just busting your chops....Chas asked to use them, so it's fine for you too as well for that purpose. :smile: That case he did for M.Adams is truly splendid....wish I still had it.

:) I know you were. It's cool but I really don't mind giving credit. Thanks for the permission!!!

For Mickey and others who would like to get a Clements case: Chas is recovering s l o w l y from a life threatening injury - he is trying to get back to the point where he can do cases again. So maybe we will see some more Chas Clements masterpieces coming out.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
ummmm

I have some pics I took of a Chas Clements case at your booth in VF about 4 years ago that was gorgeous. Mind my posting them if I can find them?

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
pics

hell the case was laying out on a display table I don't think Scott will mind my posting the pictures. Gorgeous case.

Attachments

• buds 059.jpg
    buds 059.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 445

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
and another

sorry the pictures aren't better as to showing the detail.

Attachments

• buds 056.jpg
    buds 056.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 428
  • buds 060.jpg
    buds 060.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 432