Eberle and Hohmann playing 14.1

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
makes me wonder why every single time I check insidepool live feed I see noone else than Mad Max playing 8-Ball or just practicing straight pool, LOL. I guess it is because he keeps on winning and holds the table under Pay or Play conditions?

nashville14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tunica diisappointment, format, complaint re Alvin

I sportsfans,

I certainly appreciate the stream and youtube posts by inside pool. too bad there was not more 14.1 to cover in tunica.

re the format, i would prefer see more real games with a lag, safeties and strategy as opposed to the ball in hand break format. ball in hand is not the real game of 14.1 far from it. maybe this format has gained a little traction because there are not so many left who understand the subtle elements of 14.1
I would rather see one of these good players run 50, end the run with a good safe, and win the match with this proven strategy. Maybe the break and run format is an attempt to make 14.1 more exciting to an audience that is used to nine-ball. Snooker audiences seem very content with top level pro games that take an average of 14 minutes or so for a rack consisting of pocketing 25 to 36 balls. Indeed good safety battles seem important to those audiences as long as they do not run really long.

I remember superb commentary from diLiberto, Hopkins, Matthews to name a few. I also find JR Calvert to be a good and commentator who knows the game. I can not say the same for Alvin. I turn the audio off when Alvin is on. he has nothing informative to say about the game, in fact he seldom even mentions the game. Furthermore I find his ethnic impressions to be most inappropriate (African American, Asian American etc). Can you imagine this happening at any other sporting event? In the sports world this would make the national news and result in an immediate firing. In the pool world nobody seems to care. Was Earl right when he said that pool is not even a sport? I think pool is a sport and that we should treat it that way. I do not think Alvin's "commentary" is doing anything good for the image of pool. Does anyone out there agree or am I the only one who has noticed that Alvin is an embarrassment to the otherwise wonderful game of pool?

j

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll second that

to nashville 14:1

could not agree more

JR's commentary was quite good.

alvin is, as you aptly described, an embarrassment. his most insightful comment is "wow", which he applies with equal conviction to both the pedestrian and the truly remarkable.