What adhesive should I use?

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing last week with an early '80s 5/16X18 piloted joint cue. After a hard stroked shot, I noticed the shaft was way off. I generally check to make sure my cue is screwed together tightly about once every 2-3 games. The cue does not normally become loose during play. Basically, the shaft broke / came apart right at the collar, and the insert along with the tenon, came out of the shaft. You can now screw it back in, but there is some missing wood that came out when it broke. My question is, what is the best fix for it? You can screw it back pretty tight. Do I drill out the insert and original insert, drill, dowel, retap, and put a new insert in the original shaft, or just glue the insert back in? If I reglue it, what adhesive would you guys recommend to both hold it in place and act as a filler in the air gap create by the little bit of missing wood from when it broke out? Thanks.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think much of the cue, I would take it to someone that can repair it properly. I've fixed things that others have tried to fix and it was a lot more work and ended up costing them more money. Good luck getting it fixed.