New kilby

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I played with a Kilby for last 10 years, sold it about 8 months ago and tried Molinari, Longoni,Starkey, Dieckman and a Schuler. I just ordered a new Kilby again, still emailing out the details, but so far, ebony forearm, pomelle bubinga handle and amboyna butt piece with some ivory inlays and custom rings, 2 12mm shafts , as always Ron is great to deal with.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have multiple Kilbys -- several I bought from a member on AZB, and one bought new from Ron directly.

I'd never previously bought a custom cue and was half expecting to have ... ... how would I say this ... ... the kind of 'less than helpful' conversation you often have with people who spend all of their time immersed in something that you as a casual observer might only spend several hours a month learning about.

Ron was anything but that, though, and seemed more than happy to correspond by email and phone about what I wanted. He was awesome to deal with, taking plenty of time to ask and answer questions.

I haven't played with as many cues as I'm sure lots of you here have, but my Kilby plays well enough that I'm not even tempted to buy another cue.

My cues, and my table, all play better than I do.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seanandnik, I’m a beginner and don’t have lots of time play with my cues yet (Longoni and Schuller) so I don’t know what I’m supposed to look for to see if the cues are perfect for me or not. With those non-Kilby cues, what made you change back to another Kilby?

HomeBrewer: what table and cue you have? Just curious of what people have.

Thanks.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table is a used Gabriels tht Yura brought down from up north and set up. It's a generation or two old, and has the solid metal beam construction. Plays great although the heater went out not long after I bought it and I haven't really bothered to replace it since it's already 100 degrees outside here most of the year, anyway so although my cloth holds extra moisture, at least the table isn't heating the room up. I will look closely at getting some Royal Pro cloth in the next year or so.

I can't seem to find the specs on the Kilby right now, sorry.