8-Ball Scoresheets?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After I left Nick Varner's show/exhibition on Saturday I stopped at the local 8-Ball tournament that was going on. When the matches were getting started (at various times) they were passing out scoresheets.

What were those scoresheets for?

r/DCP

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Name of bar? Flyer for tournament? Anything that would give anyone some idea of what system they were using? Even your profile location is too vague to give us anything to work with.

Nobody responds...because how could they...and you come on here like we owe you something? Really?

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After I left Nick Varner's show/exhibition on Saturday I stopped at the local 8-Ball tournament that was going on. When the matches were getting started (at various times) they were passing out scoresheets.

What were those scoresheets for?

r/DCP

I'm going to guess they were to keep score.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The score sheet is a redundant way to keep score in the unlikely, but possible event the gizmos up above the table happen to break and the balls/beads, whatever fall into the nether reaches of the abyss known as the pockets.

HTH

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the coins under the rails were used to keep score. Or else the gizmos up above the table, the balls/beads, whatever.

Many tournaments are doing this now. It’s a score sheet that the TD can collect and enter later. Like into fargorate. If it’s an APA or other handicapping system that counts innings then the players would have to mark innings too.