Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justnum what is your problem?

Earl is in the Hall of Fame.

Everyone please read before you post. Justnum is dredging up old threads for his/her amusement.

He seems to be particularly interested in the ~2005-2006 era. I wonder if there is something to that.

I thought he was genuinely interested initially with his other "dreadgings," then I saw this thread with Earl in there already.

Odd.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The real injustice Jose Parica is not on the hof! That is completely ridicolous. We should start a petition for him.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
i believe earl will be on the hof soon without the need of a petition. The real injustice jose parica is not in it! That is completely ridicolous. We should start a petition for him.

SERIOUSLY?????

Earl is in the hall of fame (2006)

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I saw the title of the thread I laughed. Then I opened it and realized it was started in 2005.

Parica not in HOF is a joke.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody deserves it more than Earl Strickland. He is one of the greatest pool players that walks the earth.

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see some posts ariseing as they do(every year) about BCA's snubbing of Earl Strickland into the Hall of Fame.With something like 5 World titles and 5 US opens(and countless other titles) this is freakin' unbelievable.He is the greatest 9 baller ever and a living legend.

Everyone who thinks he should get in sign here and we can send this petition link to the BCA.After we are pool players and we love the game. Is the BCA really above us when it comes to pool and acknowledging greatness?Let's show them were pissed off. Anyone who doesn't think he should get in,go join the BCA and don't respond to this post.This post is only for those who wish to express their consent that Earl gets in.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Come on BCA, get real and vote Earl into the Hall of Fame.

Earl is already in the BCA Hall of Fame.
Ray martin

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm gonna red rep everyone who bumps ancient threads for no reason.

I know that sounds gay, but if there's no other recourse --- might as well.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great Talent, hes definitely a H.o.F. Player ...

As far as off the table ,I dont respect him,due to his arrogant ,snobby persona.....

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just as bad is the amount of people that keep saying he should be in the HOF even after numerous others have mentioned that it is an old post and he already is in.

Those are the tell-tale signs of 9-ballers, Neil. They don't read the whole rack (thread) before shooting; they only look at the lowest-numbered ball (post). :p

-Sean

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna red rep everyone who bumps ancient threads for no reason.

I know that sounds gay, but if there's no other recourse --- might as well.

Dave:

Yup, I wish there was a "super soaker" version of a red-rep pistol. I know I'd take some kidney stone meds, go behind a tree and "load it up" just for this occasion...

-Sean

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a complete idiot would think Earl Strickland does not belong in the hall of fame.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
respect

Earl has never respected pool promoters or other players . Earl is a great p layer but a horrible ambassador of the game. PS What about Jose Parica

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl was inducted in the BCA Hall of Fame in 2006 (I'm a member of the USBMA who is the nominating and voting body for the HOF and in fact voted for Earl that year.)

The USBMA is the United States Billiards Media Association, which is comprised of all pool and billiard media professionals. The USBMA also includes several respected sport historians and industry leaders who have demonstrated a long standing commitment and knowledge of the sport overall. The USBMA web site is: http://www.usbma.com/index.html

There are three categories for the BCA HOF

1. Annually Player of the Year is voted upon. This particular year Ralf Souquet was the highly deserving recipient. It was close though with one other player coming in a close second. That player is also extremely accomplished and imagine will be the front runner in the next year or two.

2. The other two categories alternate every other year: Meritorious and Veteran Player. This year Danny DeLiberto was inducted in the Veteran Category. In 2012 Meritorious will be voted on.

No disrespect to Jose, but I do not think he has the same history of tournament finishes or accomplishments in the US nationally or Worldwide such as Souquet, Strickland or Archer. However I believe he has a real shot and deserves to be recognized in the Veteran category someday.

It is not and never has been any deliberate snub, but each year many deserving players are nominated, but there is always 1-2 that have so overwhelmingly accomplished more that cannot be denied, so it becomes a race between those people.

I hope this helps people understand the process and the perspectives that have to be considered when voting on the BCA Hall of Fame.

Thanks now let this old thread go away...

Last edited:

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is astonishing that the best American 9 ball player of the last 30 years is not in the HOF. No one has the resume that Earl has.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
It is astonishing that the best American 9 ball player of the last 30 years is not in the HOF. No one has the resume that Earl has.

I don't know how this thread got started. Earl has been a member of the BCA Hall Of Fame since 2006! Danny DiLiberto was one of the people who was overlooked until this year when he was finally inducted. Now we need to campaign for Jose Parica who also belongs there!

Sherm