Earl and the Mosconi

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
That's how they are in golf also , it's like Super Bowl drama must see action , it's also what's sorely missed in pool , the church like atmosphere has ruined pool IMHO and it will never ever ever be a success if that's they way it's presented on the big screen
Give me Earl Mike the mouth Keith McCreedy and take u pic for the others and that's must see TV , the game is not the teacher the viewing public is

Keith as captain would icing on the cake.:eek:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I agree with you with the exception of Rodney Morris. Rodney is a great player but for some reason he just doesn't do well when playing in the Mosconi Cup. Earl is one of the best and would certainly add some spark to the team. Just what they need to get out of the doldrums they've been in for the past few Cups.

MC Vegas 2011 - Rodney showed the most emotion & got us/USA somewhat stoked to chime-in against Eu-rope. had nothing to do with Rodney inviting Darren outside....

i can't imagine him AND Earl, on the same side! we won't even need to call-in the cowboys from the rodeo convention, to take that English Santa behind the barn!

Last edited:

Ian-MMTV

Registered
EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE! :p hopefully it's just as exciting as the last few it's been a great viewing spectacle. and it's great for all forms of pool :)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
MC Vegas 2011 - Rodney showed the most emotion & got us/USA somewhat stoked to chime-in against Eu-rope. had nothing to do with Rodney inviting Darren outside....

i can't imagine him AND Earl, on the same side! we won't even need to call-in the cowboys from the rodeo convention, to take that English Santa behind the barn!

Don't even get me started on English Santa (whom I lightly kidney punched 3 times as I sat right behind him in '11 at MGM, it didn't dissuade his pipes unfortunately)

Anyway, see Earl as you will, but his selection just upped the ante. Barry is a genius IMO. I await his next announcement. ;)

KK9 <-- hoping Johnny packs enough Tums come December

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE! :p hopefully it's just as exciting as the last few it's been a great viewing spectacle. and it's great for all forms of pool :)

ok, EUROPE - you tell your players & that English Santa - that we've had 2 YEARS, to prepare for yáll's return @ Vegas. AND WE'RE BRINGING EARL!

Mikaela's going to have her hands full

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Documentary SKY SPORTS is doing on Earl is a GREAT step in the right direction

That's how they are in golf also , it's like Super Bowl drama must see action , it's also what's sorely missed in pool , the church like atmosphere has ruined pool IMHO and it will never ever ever be a success if that's they way it's presented on the big screen
Give me Earl Mike the mouth Keith McCreedy and take u pic for the others and that's must see TV , the game is not the teacher the viewing public is

The Producer is the Teacher

The Director is the Teacher

The Promoter/Marketer is the Teacher

When these three factors are "upgraded" we'll have something to generate a viewing audience. The Documentary SKY SPORTS is doing on Earl is a GREAT step in the right direction. Now they need to work on a few other aspects and they'll be "Golden" for ESPN.

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
think ill have to take some days off work for this one. just buy enough beer n chipds, stay home and watch, live, breath the comeback of earl. this guy is a machine, with shane and johnny this might be the best that team usa can offer.

this MC will be great, maybe the best of all :grin:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

When these three factors are "upgraded" we'll have something to generate a viewing audience. The Documentary SKY SPORTS is doing on Earl is a GREAT step in the right direction. Now they need to work on a few other aspects and they'll be "Golden" for ESPN.

VAN HALEN is THE teacher. Pasadena. ;)

KK9 <--- is aware that Earl has the biggest voice, hoping at some point he realizes as much, ala Fats

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Really how has that worked out for Bogus Ball
Do you honestly believe a documentary on Earl will have a sudden impact on the pool world ,, I hardly think so
Many people believe pool grew in part because of the color of money that's a misconception , the APA was the reason pool was growing so fast in those yrs the marketing tactics and big sponsorship was what propelled them to bring the biggest pool league in the world leaving all others in their dust

However the APA is not by any stretch a spectator sport your lucky if you see any more than a handful of spectators watching a finals match

By far and away the most entertaining pool I have ever witnessed was the pit at VF , with Kieth McCreedy ,Ryan McCreesh , Frankie Hernandez .Bobby Pickle , Pooky , Eddie Abraham . and a few others , people would be standing on tables just to get a peek at the entertainment and entertaining it was, after all that's what sports is ,entertainment and that's exactly what tournament pool is not , and that's why it's in the shape it's in . It's simply not entertaining for the most part , the MC is by far the most entertaining pool you will see on the tube and the FANS love it
The Viewing Fans . Yes is the Teacher , pay attention and you can see what is selling , shows like Honey Boo Boo call of the Wild Man , Duck dynasty , are the type of shows that's trending because there entertaining
2 stiffs playing pool just simply is not entertainment , put some life and some personality in the game and its got a small shot of success

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring it on!!!

Just watching some of the past MC footage and Earl's interviews makes me want to watch just to see what happens next.

Get your popcorn ready!!! LOL!!!

Pfnatic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
found it. Pretty cool

My guess is that someone is managing Earl's account. I can't imagine someone like Earl being interested in using facebook, much less updating statuses and posting pictures :)

Anyways, anything with Earl in it is good news.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't even get me started on English Santa (whom I lightly kidney punched 3 times as I sat right behind him in '11 at MGM, it didn't dissuade his pipes unfortunately)

Anyway, see Earl as you will, but his selection just upped the ante. Barry is a genius IMO. I await his next announcement. ;)

KK9 <-- hoping Johnny packs enough Tums come December

If Barry really likes ratings, his next announcement will be..........Jeremy Jones! :eek::D

Thepip

David
Silver Member
Looking for the best links to look at all the information on the Mosconi cup and who, where and when....

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really??????????????????????

Really how has that worked out for Bogus Ball
Do you honestly believe a documentary on Earl will have a sudden impact on the pool world ,, I hardly think so
Many people believe pool grew in part because of the color of money that's a misconception , the APA was the reason pool was growing so fast in those yrs the marketing tactics and big sponsorship was what propelled them to bring the biggest pool league in the world leaving all others in their dust

However the APA is not by any stretch a spectator sport your lucky if you see any more than a handful of spectators watching a finals match

By far and away the most entertaining pool I have ever witnessed was the pit at VF , with Kieth McCreedy ,Ryan McCreesh , Frankie Hernandez .Bobby Pickle , Pooky , Eddie Abraham . and a few others , people would be standing on tables just to get a peek at the entertainment and entertaining it was, after all that's what sports is ,entertainment and that's exactly what tournament pool is not , and that's why it's in the shape it's in . It's simply not entertaining for the most part , the MC is by far the most entertaining pool you will see on the tube and the FANS love it
The Viewing Fans . Yes is the Teacher , pay attention and you can see what is selling , shows like Honey Boo Boo call of the Wild Man , Duck dynasty , are the type of shows that's trending because there entertaining
2 stiffs playing pool just simply is not entertainment , put some life and some personality in the game and its got a small shot of success

REALLY, the A.P.A.,? That's the reason for Pool's growth spurt phenomenon??? Then how'd this happen?

I sold my Balabusha with 2 Szamboti shafts, 4 original shafts in August of 1985 for $1250.00 to my friend Rick Garrison. Not more than 6 months later the "Color of Money" came out and Rick sold that cue (to an American cue monger) for $7200.00!!! Wanna bet no A.P.A. player or league operator bought it? I'm sure that the minute some "NItt" from the A.P.A. heard the name Balabushka, mentioned so prominently in the "Color of Money," it was off to find someone like Rich Ford or Scott Murphy and lay down that large "chunk of change" to purchase that cue. Oh, by the way, it was a Japanese industrialist who finally purchased the cue for a whopping $74,000.00!!!
I can attest to the fact, it was the "Color of Money" that created that cue-market phenomenon. Oh,------- and as for Keith McCready's name being recognizable to anyone outside of tournament pool? That was due to the "Color of Money," too!!!

Let's face it, no league player from the A.P.A. gives a crap about watching tournament pool no matter "WHO'S" playing still. And for that matter most of the pit action at Valley Forge you mentioned was "woofing" and not really Keith's best efforts at the table either. Though if you'd seen McCready play, to win the "Clyde Childres tournament" beating Earl in the finals, you'd have some idea why there's F-E-A-R associated with that mans name. The "Color of Money" also immortalized what "the Kiefer" looked like when he was on top.
So if "Match-room sports" wants to due a documentary on Earl's life, that certainly can't make the current professional tournament scene any worse, and you never know, after a round of drinks some A.P.A. league player might even enjoy watching that tribute to the greatest 9-ball player ever, too!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I think these guys would get along with him well and would be a dangerous team:

1. Shane

2. Corey Deuel

3. Rodney Morris

4. Archer (yes, they've had disagreements, but I think they are over it)

Along with Earl I think that the above team is the only true professional team the USA can actually field. The people above are, or at the very least have been top level world class pros at one time or another and have had success on a global scale.

I cannot think of another player who is under the age of 55 that the USA has that is or has been an actual full time professional on the global stage (not and regional tours and otherwise playing 2 or 3 big US events per a year). The guys above at one time at the least played on the global stage at the top tier of the sport for multiple years, and they had success.

The USA has had enough of teams with regional tour champions who never step foot off American soil and pee down their leg once they step onto the international stage and see ultra seasoned, top tier professional level world tournament battle hardened guys like Ralph Souquet, Niels Feijen, and Darren Appleton staring back at them.

Most of the guys above might not be doing it anymore, but they know what it is like to be on the world stage and play under the bright lights and win. The experience is priceless in something like the Mosconi Cup, that is NOT the tournament for newer unseasoned players to cut their teeth on.

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure how far the making up part has gone, but Earl has been pumping up JA on his facebook page, too. He was posting encouragements and updates when JA was playing in the World Games recently, and he has also been posting some old photo's, some with JA.

It really has been fun, following his page. I was surprised at how into it he seems to be, and the photos he is posting are awesome.

Earl hired a publicist. So far they are doing an excellent t job.

As stated earlier in the thread, it is all about ratings, and Earl can get people interested and watching.
Not that he does not deserve the spot, but I am sure the X Factor had something to do with Barry's decision
GO TEAM USA!