Danny Smith One Pocket

strokenpoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have known Danny for years and we are pretty good friends. I can say that drugs isn't part of his game... and that's a fact.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I have known Danny for years and we are pretty good friends. I can say that drugs isn't part of his game... and that's a fact.
I knew that would happen!

Caffeine is a drug! Ever have a cup of coffee or a coca cola! Energy drinks and no dose contains drugs!

I was "not" saying he uses drugs!!!

Just mentioned the methods employed during these ahead sets! Recent energy drink deaths are my primary concern and reason for mentioning! Ike gave up his match due to age/health issues with the ahead set! He wanted to play, next day after many hours!

Danny don't care how he wins! Winning due to opponent fatigue or health is fine! Some want to beat the mans best game not win on endurance or age!

Kd

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The opponent drop dead or something and watch what it does to him!

Grady's friend Chicago Paul ran a foot race at the pool hall and won! The other guy never came back! Died on side of the road! His heart could not take the strain. Paul went to look for him and found him dead on side of the road. Paul was "never" the same!

Kd

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that Danny is probably one of the most underrated players in the United States! You really don't hear much about him but he plays fantastic. He could match up pretty good with several of the names on the Mosconi Cup List.

I think this covers it!:cool:

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny is rough around the edges!

He missed etiquette class! Seen him several times flip out over players quitting even after several hours/days. Him and Shuff incident and him and ike!

These ahead matches and stopping gets ugly with him!

The health issues and use of energy drinks and other drugs to maintain long periods of sleep deprivation! Pool is fun and at extremes can be lethal and unenjoyable!

Kd

It's funny you mention this. Danny and I talked about these very issues on Tuesday evening. He knows his strong points and most importantly, he knows his weaknesses. He is working toward strengthening them. His maturity as a player is growing and growing. These stories may be true, but they represent a younger, less mature Danny Smith.
We also talked about "drugs" and pool. It's no secret many players rely on speed type drugs to maintain playability for long money matches. He is not one of them. In fact, he lost a match recently because he got tired after playing more than 24 straight hours "on the natural" and his opponent was popping pills.

I think what we are seeing in Danny now is the beginning of his greatness! He has grown up. He is focused and determined. He knows what improvements are needed and he is improving them. I believe his future is bright and he will go down in pool history as one of the great ones. I'm proud to call him a friend!

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What, drug use, too much alcohol, bad decisions? The vast majority of our best pool players were not children who started life with a level playing field. Otherwise we would be talking about which college they graduated from before taking up pool. Likewise many are smart (not all) and with that level playing field being offered we would never have heard of them. They would have opted for other venues in life and probably have been successful. But that didn't happen. Same with boxers, except worse. Like pitt bulls when they can't fight anymore they are thrown out. The young talented pool players may and probably will exhibit bad judgement. Danny may not be the best at money management but, hopefully, that will be his next achievement.

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This couldn't be further from the truth. In fact it's the opposite. If you have a great stake with the means to do anything that might come up, you try even harder to protect the stake, not fire at anything that moves.

Ray

Amen Brother!