High Stakes Gambling - How I Won the World Series of Pool

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back in my teenage years I played a few tournaments, but quickly found out I could make 10 times more gambling and playing underworld matches.

One of the tournaments I decided to attend was in Kansas, where I stayed up 4 straight days and ended up winning the first 3 days and losing everything on the 4th day.

Dallas Texas was my next stop and I barely made it there - while sitting at a local pool room penniless and gasses, something happened that would drastically change the course of my life and lead to more money than I could of imagined and a group of friendships I still have to this day.

This is the story of that chapter in my life, and leads to some adventures that I will always remember and fortunate to get through in one piece!

https://youtu.be/_5R5XFAeVHY

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a mountain bike, can't go too many days without visiting the top of the highest mountain. :groucho:

Oh, I knew exactly what it was.

One of them Texas mountains? We call those "overpasses" around here.

Lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200625-215124.jpg
    Screenshot_20200625-215124.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha!

I’ve worked much of The last 40 years as a palaeontologist in Western Canada. Every so often I did research in Texas in the Glass Mountains or Guadeloupe national park. ( famous Permian reef). Two things are ‘tiny’ in Texas: the mountains compared to our Rockies ...and the Whitetail deer. We look ‘up’ at our big Whitetails whereas in Texas they look like jackrabbits with antlers.

Kidding aside. Re the title. I should thank CJ for helping win ‘my’ biggest title (ok, just a regional Snooker league ...not provincial, national or world). CJ had a lesson way back about banking balls and using the width of tip off centre, etc. I adopted this (with variations for Snooker) and used it ever since. It’s part of my arsenal...really helpful in Snooker where banks are usually less used . I use them more than average. More success than trying to cut and sink a ball down a snooker rail.

Back to our Rockies. We were out hiking on Friday. I’m in good shape but this one Steep lower section just about did me in. Took about 25 minutes to reach the next level...Had a break to rejuvenate. Then watched a mule deer bound up the same slope in about 30 seconds.,

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sure you've discovered that most of your safeties in snooker are bank shots too.

Ha!

I’ve worked much of The last 40 years as a palaeontologist in Western Canada. Every so often I did research in Texas in the Glass Mountains or Guadeloupe national park. ( famous Permian reef). Two things are ‘tiny’ in Texas: the mountains compared to our Rockies ...and the Whitetail deer. We look ‘up’ at our big Whitetails whereas in Texas they look like jackrabbits with antlers.

Kidding aside. Re the title. I should thank CJ for helping win ‘my’ biggest title (ok, just a regional Snooker league ...not provincial, national or world). CJ had a lesson way back about banking balls and using the width of tip off centre, etc. I adopted this (with variations for Snooker) and used it ever since. It’s part of my arsenal...really helpful in Snooker where banks are usually less used . I use them more than average. More success than trying to cut and sink a ball down a snooker rail.

Back to our Rockies. We were out hiking on Friday. I’m in good shape but this one Steep lower section just about did me in. Took about 25 minutes to reach the next level...Had a break to rejuvenate. Then watched a mule deer bound up the same slope in about 30 seconds.,

I've done some skiing in Colorado, learned in Aspen and had some great times in Durango. Wyoming had the biggest mountains I've seen although the Swiss Alps were spectacular, I remember the hot girls wearing bikinis. The snow was a bit icy but the scenery made up for it!

I'm glad you like the TIP BANKING Techniques, and I'm sure you've discovered that most of your safeties in snooker are bank shots too.

You're right about the mountains in Texas, they are just big hills. It's gorgeous in the Austin area and lots of parks for mountain biking. I haven't been in Texas in several months, but will probably go back in October if it's not closed down.

Play well, The Game is the Teacher