Mushroom Tips

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How often do your
Tips mushroom? Mine seem to be swelling a bit faster than normal, Ultra Skins med. since I have a table at home I have been playing about 2 hrs a day.
What is your best method and tool for shaping the sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A flat file held against the side of the tip (slightly tilted from horizontal to avoid the ferrule) while I roll the shaft under it on a flat surface with my palm.

pj <- low tech
chgo

Sounds like the last4ever tool with out the cost. Should have given it a try but always like supporting billiard companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mushroom tip. The irony. I change my Snooker tip every 8 months to a year. Have used the same box of tips for at least 15 years.

Takes about 2 months to develop the slight mushroom tip that is ‘’the perfect’ snooker tip for not all but many players. Pro Snooker players change their tip at least a month before the season starts and hope it lasts through to the World Championship in April (or this year, August).

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I use pressed triangles I go through 1 every 2 years or so... haven't used a shaper in over a decade...never had a mushroom..

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Skip the tools, knives, swords, blades, etc. Wrap the shaft in a towel in a portable vise. Screw it to whatever counter, table, etc.

Wrap freezer tape around the ferrule, then sand the side of the tip, constantly rotating the shaft. Burnish it afterwards, damp finger and paper towel. Change the tape as you need, don't sand into the ferrule.

No need for knives, swords, blades, lathes, or a flux capacitor.

All the best,
WW

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I use pressed triangles I go through 1 every 2 years or so... haven't used a shaper in over a decade...never had a mushroom..

thats exactly what i discovered, i press the triangle so its good and compressed already, put her on and have NO further to do with it other than putting on chalk

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

Attachments

• DSCN0332.jpg
    DSCN0332.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 279