Helmstetter

Jammer

Registered
Looking for any information I can get on this cue. I bought it at an online auction a few years ago. It’s a Helmstetter with 8 points. The 4 short points have internal points and splices. 12 dots that look like abalognia with 4 diamond inlays. The butt has 8 curly maple windows outlined with the same material as the splices. Curly maple and a very dark brown wood used for the butt. Railroad track ring work.

Attachments

• IMG_5626.JPG
    IMG_5626.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_5627.JPG
    IMG_5627.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_5630.JPG
    IMG_5630.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_5631.JPG
    IMG_5631.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_5633.JPG
    IMG_5633.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t know much about it. I had the exact same I bought around 1995-1996. It was new at the time.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am an expert on short shafts? LOL!:embarrassed2:

I don't know the model. I have to go through a bunch of catalogs to see if I have it.

Short shaft could be for billiards but that's a pool butt and that looks like a pool taper. I am guessing it got short due to repair.

Otherwise looks nice.

I'll try to make some time to check my catalogs.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you search Adams Helmstetter/click on images/you will see this cue in one of the photos. It has a sticker on the butt that is hard see but looks like 07-14 written on the sticker. There is also a photo of a catalog page with this cue in it if you look long enough.

Anyways, I hope this helps with your search for information on the cue.

Last edited:

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same cue. Bought in NYC back in the 80's. The model is a Helmstetter 87-14. Made in 1987.

Original full retail was 650 plus 100 for an extra shaft

Should be birdseye maple and mother of pearl

Great hitting cue. I use it for straight pool only. I have an 87-4 that I use for everything else.

helm4b.JPG

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet. Best way to get a fancy trad style cue on a budget. Love old Adam cues, and by extension, Helmstetter.