What Cue Ball are you using?

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I am using the Aramith Blue Logo cue ball myself. The one included in the Aramith Premium set.

There are several different Aramith cue balls, plus the other brands on the market. Which are the really good ones?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No love for this ?

6U9sGUIl.png

:D

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am using the Aramith Blue Logo cue ball myself. The one included in the Aramith Premium set.

There are several different Aramith cue balls, plus the other brands on the market. Which are the really good ones?

I wish a standard would emerge. At this point, most pros seem fine with the measle cue ball. It plays very well. My vote would be for that one. The blue logo ball is decent, but feels quite different than the measle ball.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Red Measles Cue Ball.......it matches the weight of the Centennial pool balls I mainly use.
Thank goodness for Aramith’s travel case which is ideal for transporting a pool ball set to the parlor.

I carry 9 different cue balls in my pool equipment bag, along with a brand new Aramith measles ball.
The measles dots are actually helpful gauging the amount & also speed of English I’ve used on a shot.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My original cyclop cueball was getting pretty chewed up so I replaced it with a measles ball, but only because it was the only premium ball that I could find available locally. I'd have replaced it with another cyclop if I could have sourced one for reasonable money. No quality difference between the two that I can see.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the blue circle worked good with my premium set. the red logo aramith would work good too.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I practice with whatever might be used where I play. One place I play uses Aramith Red Circle.

I also use the Aramith Red Logo (most of the time). It is actually a Super Pro ball. It is supposed to be the same as an Aramith Measles ball in weight and material, so they, for all intents and purposes, are interchangeable.
The Measle Ball is the same as a Red logo but made for TV.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Whatever is in the tray i get from the house guy. I don't really care. Play with anything.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red measle ball. It looks great when I do my trick shot exhibitions because the fans can see the spit I put on the ball.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

I'm using the Aramith red measle ball as well. I also have a red circle but I rarely play with it.

At the pool hall they only have one red circle for the 9' tables and it plays very heavy as it's from a cheap set, so I will swap over to the measle. On the barboxes, it's all green circle because that's what works in the table.

As for what the "really good ones" are depends on who you ask.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our buddy Mike Andros was using this all black cueball awhile back. It was very altering. It was weird just being on the table next to him while he was using it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm using the Aramith red measle ball as well. I also have a red circle but I rarely play with it.

At the pool hall they only have one red circle for the 9' tables and it plays very heavy as it's from a cheap set, so I will swap over to the measle. On the barboxes, it's all green circle because that's what works in the table.

As for what the "really good ones" are depends on who you ask.

I have no idea why a red circle would play heavier than the measle.
The measle plays so much heavier to me.
Tougher to draw but easier to follow. It also breaks better.
My red circle only weighs 160 grams .
Balls are around 164 or so.

Red circle and red dot are different, btw.

And the problem with all of this is there are too many fake ones coming from China. I know one local hall who got duped into buying fake name brand chalk.