New specific ball colours for 9-ball!

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hi,

With 9-ball's growing popularity I think it is time to give the game their own distinctive set of pool balls. Instead of using the standard pool balls for 9-ball, I suggest that we create a separate set of balls for 9-ball. I think the 9-ball should be black and the other balls a solid bright colour with a number. The colours must be bright and colourful to attract more amateurs to the game :)

Anyone else agree with this? Strange that it has not happened yet!

Thank you,

C&A

Last edited:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I don’t like it either. A standard set of pool balls is a wonderful thing. Eight ball has two distinctive sets of 7 balls and a unique money ball. 9 ball has eight different coloured balls and a unique money ball. Straight pool has 15 distinctive balls. The standard set also works for 10 ball.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

With 9-ball's growing popularity I think it is time to give the game their own distinctive set of pool balls. Instead of using the standard pool balls for 9-ball, I suggest that we create a separate set of balls for 9-ball. I think the 9-ball should be black and the other balls be a solid bright colour with a number. The colours must be bright and colourful to attract more amateurs to the game :)

Thank you,

C&A

I know weed is legal in Canada now, but this idea seems to be spawned from something stronger.

By chance did someone offer you any of these recently?

Wm4viju9ShGae3td42yVtQ-1024-80.jpg

:thumbup:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The ball colors in a standard set are fine as is for 9 ball. Even the Cyclop TV set is not too bad.

I could understand wanting to reinvent something for 10 ball so that the 9 was a solid leaving the 10 as the only unique design, but with 9 ball that's not needed.

Fix not what don't be broke.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm for making the golf balls green for tournaments.
I'm for making Hockey pucks the same color as the ice.
I'm for making basketballs with large measles spots, so we can see the spin rotation.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The football has been oblong for years, why not make it round and
change the color to pink

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hello fellows,

Remember, just tossing this topic out for discussion purposes, not trying to make everyone upset :) Here is C&A philosophy on creating a separate set of pool balls for 9-ball.

1. Change in pool is good, because change means progress;

2. Change in pool is good, because it keeps things interesting;

3. Change in pool is inevitable;

4. We can control the change in 9-ball;

5. Change is good, because it allows us to experience pool more fully;

6. Change helps the game of pool to grow and reach its potential;

7. Change breaks up the routine in pool;

8. Change in pool offers new opportunities;

9. Without change in pool, things stay the same and ultimately will stagnate and die;

10. Many pool players are afraid of change because it forces them outside their comfort zone;

11. Since most players will resist change, successful players will use this fact to their advantage;

12. Change in pool is learning. Learning in pool is growing. Growing in pool is living. So live;

13. Status quo in pool is boring and does not move the game forward;

14. Change in pool is exciting and forces us to step-up the game;

15. Change in pool can be scary and uncomfortable only when you look at it that way, stay positive about change in pool; and

16. When pool changes, players adapt and move forward, when we don’t the game moves backward.

Thank you,

C&A :grin-square:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellows,

Remember, just tossing this topic out for discussion purposes, not trying to make everyone upset :) Here is C&A philosophy on creating a separate set of pool balls for 9-ball.

9. Without change in pool, things stay the same and ultimately will stagnate and die;

10. Many pool players are afraid of change because it forces them outside their comfort zone;

11. Since most players will resist change, successful players will use this fact to their advantage;

12. Change in pool is learning. Learning in pool is growing. Growing in pool is living. So live;

15. Change in pool can be scary and uncomfortable only when you look at it that way, stay positive about change in pool; and

16. When pool changes, players adapt and move forward, when we don’t the game moves backward.

Thank you,

Ignore the silly comments. They are unfortunately a feature of the internet. They can be fun when they are genuinely funny though.

Anyway, as I said I’m not in favor of this kind of change. I’d love to see both an 8 and 9 ball World Championship on TV and promoted well. The standard set of balls with its unique “money ball” for each game can only serve to educate interested newcomers in the differences between the two games.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The colours must be bright and colourful to attract more amateurs to the game
How about this?

1 ball - yellow
2 ball - blue
3 ball - red
4 ball - purple
5 ball - orange
6 ball - green
7 ball - maroon
8 ball - black
9 ball - white with yellow stripe

Great idea!

pj
chgo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

With 9-ball's growing popularity I think it is time to give the game their own distinctive set of pool balls. Instead of using the standard pool balls for 9-ball, I suggest that we create a separate set of balls for 9-ball. I think the 9-ball should be black and the other balls a solid bright colour with a number. The colours must be bright and colourful to attract more amateurs to the game :)

Thank you,

C&A
No. Please no. Classic Centennial-style colors/stripes are the way to go. Some funky new ball set will not attract new players. Matchroom and Aramith beat you to this lame idea with the horrid Black ball set.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellows,

Thank you,

You on any psychotropic medication?? What a load of horses^*t.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
How about this?

1 ball - yellow
2 ball - blue
3 ball - red
4 ball - purple
5 ball - orange
6 ball - green
7 ball - maroon
8 ball - black
9 ball - white with yellow stripe

Great idea!

pj
chgo
Great idea that is the adjustment the 9 ball rack needs. 🎅🏼 I will ask Santa to make it so.:thumbup: