just paid FULL retail on my new cuetec shaft. chump or good guy?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so i finally decided to drive to a predator demo billiards store near me. i wanted to test out a 12.9 shaft. i have done all of the reading about the shaft, and also the cuetec carbon fiber shaft. the owner of the store was so nice, just a very pleasant person. we talked for a bit, and she let me hit some balls with the 12.9, but i could not chalk it.

i hit some balls, and it was hard to judge with out chalking. next i tryed the cuetec cynergy, and i was able to chalk this shaft. it felt really nice, made my lucasi butt feel much lighter, which i liked. the shaft fit my uni-lock on the lucasi perfectly.

in my research, i knew that all over the internet, the cuetec shaft was 399.00 I KNEW that going in. when the owner KATHY, said, 449.00, i could have said, "well thank you for letting me test the shaft, and im going to think about it sweetie."

(at 62.5, i can call women sweetie and get away with it:cool::cool::cool:)

but i said forget it, im going to support this small business, and i paid the 449.00.

so in one way, i feel like a chump for paying full retail, but on the other hand, i feel good for letting her make a few bucks

the billiard store is called A and C billiards, in the city of industry, ca. :):):)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
so i finally decided to drive to a predator demo billiards store near me. i wanted to test out a 12.9 shaft. i have done all of the reading about the shaft, and also the cuetec carbon fiber shaft. the owner of the store was so nice, just a very pleasant person. we talked for a bit, and she let me hit some balls with the 12.9, but i could not chalk it.

i hit some balls, and it was hard to judge with out chalking. next i tryed the cuetec cynergy, and i was able to chalk this shaft. it felt really nice, made my lucasi butt feel much lighter, which i liked. the shaft fit my uni-lock on the lucasi perfectly.

in my research, i knew that all over the internet, the cuetec shaft was 399.00 I KNEW that going in. when the owner KATHY, said, 449.00, i could have said, "well thank you for letting me test the shaft, and im going to think about it sweetie."

(at 62.5, i can call women sweetie and get away with it:cool::cool::cool:)

but i said forget it, im going to support this small business, and i paid the 449.00.

so in one way, i feel like a chump for paying full retail, but on the other hand, i feel good for letting her make a few bucks

the billiard store is called A and C billiards, in the city of industry, ca. :):):)

I am a Cuetec Dealer: at $399.00 she was already making a good mark up. MSRP is $449.00. Most dealers do not sell at that price. If you like supporting the small business then you definitely are no chump. Could you have gotten it cheaper? You already know you could. Personally, I think retailers try to make to much of a profit. I do understand they have high operation costs, but, I also think they need to be competitive with the rest of the market.All retail businesses gotta do lots of volume to stay alive.

I shoot with a Cynergy and I like it very much. You will get lots of conflicting opinions on it. I hope you enjoy it.

TFT

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bravo. She took time with you, allowed you to test hit.

A&C Billiards and Barstools in Indistry, Ca. Great retailer. Kathy at B&B is the best and will go the extra mile for her customers.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i do it all the time

when you dine out you leave a tip
when someone does you a service he should be paid

Service is worth something

being loyal or generous is not my idea of a chump

cheer up,I do it all the time

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Not only did you get good service, but you got the shaft right then and there. So, think of the $50 as not having to go online, give out CC info and then wait 3-5 days and hope it arrives in one piece or a porch pirate does not snag it while you're out.

Small price to pay imho.

If if makes you feel better I just bought my house at full asking price. I liked the house, it was immaculate, and they had everything new. I told my agent to offer full asking... I really wanted the house ;)

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chump, you paid full MSRP for a shaft that was chalked and played.

j/k. Enjoy!

LMAO, should have offered 349.99 since it was a used shaft and all.

I actually pay the higher price all the time on a variety of things, enjoy getting what I want right then and supporting local businesses.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am frugel, or cheap take your choice of titles. I try never or hardly ever to pay full retail for anything unless I have too. If I stumble to say a buck, i try & find someone, who know some one to get me a deal. My favorite charity is my wallet.

But I also understand there are a few products, or services you have to pay full asking price for, and on those your just stuck.

Have been a salesman of many products, I found most business owner when they were buying wanted the best price, best after sales service, and last best product. It just how most sucessful businessmen or women are.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An exquisite blend of humble bragging and virtue signaling. Well played!

That said, if I was in the market, and I hit one that I really liked, and it was only $50 more, and I could have it "now," I would do it.

There's a lot of value for "a bird in the hand."

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i do it all the time

when you dine out you leave a tip
when someone does you a service he should be paid

Service is worth something

being loyal or generous is not my idea of a chump

cheer up,I do it all the time

Tips are built into the salary of the servers, they are allowed to earn bellow minimum wage for that. However paying a bit more at a smaller store to keep a local place open is not the worst thing that someone can do. I would have showed them the online price and asked if they can drop another $30.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
E101, elasticity of a dollar. Share dollars every chance you get. Over tip when given the slightest reason and and over pay when buying from brick and mortar.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Forgot to mention, ^^^^^ that’s just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread seems to have veered off-subject, so I guess I’ll chime in.

I prefer to support local-owned, non-big box stores - but more for unique or speciality items.

I prefer to purchase speciality items that never go on sale; there are still a few around. (Not Gray Market)

Always ask about a discount. I’ve purchased a bunch of jewelry, watches, etc. over the years. They all negotiated (even DeBeers) except Bvlgari and Tiffany’s.

With regard to the transaction posted, I’d pay less for a readily available commodity...unless I really liked the local folks. Then I’d spend the extra and work on building a relationship if I planned on coming back.