Book Finally Coming?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why it's the optional secular version. Maybe a discount without the Premium version's divine guidance feature. Just spitballing here...

pj
chgo

You enjoy pushing the religious connotations. Your tank is on empty when you’re vocabulary switches over to religion. When you have no fluency with the topic that’s one of your go-to tactics.

Connie Shuffett

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I'd be happy to play you if you ever visit Hawaii.

I'll even pay the table time.
I'll take you up on that if I ever get back to Hawaiian Brian's. Had a girlfriend in Honolulu *cough* years ago and played there when I visited. The only place I ever saw players climb completely up onto the table for a shot.

pj
chgo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take you up on that if I ever get back to Hawaiian Brian's. Had a girlfriend in Honolulu *cough* years ago and played there when I visited. The only place I ever saw players climb completely up onto the table for a shot.

pj
chgo

I've seen that in the South and also in the Philippines.

Even though I'm short, I refuse to play people who insist on climbing on the tables.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Re the bold, it has always been a major tenet that the CTE method only works to send the ball to the pocket and nowhere else on the table. It will be interesting to know how CTE sends the first ball to the contact point on the second ball and not the pocket.

Yup, CTE does not involve contact points.
And it's not fractional or ghost ball method.
Not an overlap system either.

Users of CTE shouldn't be checking contact points .

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

A friend of mine, a great player out of Baltimore, once worked with a circus. One day I was watching him play at a place called Whitey's, and he asked Whitey if he could get on the table to shoot a shot. Whitey said sure. So Larry, without touching the table with his hands, jumped up and landed on both feet, squatted like a frog on the slate beneath the table light, his cue in his hand. Roger (Whitey) looked at me with wide eyes. Larry reached down and shot the shot from that awkward position. Weirdest thing I've ever seen a grown man do on a pool table. I haven't seen him in a few years, hope he's doing alright.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't be answering any of your questions or seeking them out. From what I've been reading in your posts the writer and the content adds up to a giant ZERO for me. None of it worthy of another second of my time and to give you even slight recognition as someone who thinks he knows pool or can play.

You'd be better off in a cornhole forum and so would everybody else here if you went.

From what i'm hearing Richard Boxcar can't play very well. Doubt he even knows what CTE stands for. Appears he's just here to troll.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 questions:

1.) Was Stan a great player with many tournament successes before or after Hal Houle?

2.) What is Connie's tournament record?

1- Stan was a great player before Hal and has a better understating of the ENTIRE aiming process after.
2- Better then yours.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, CTE does not involve contact points.
And it's not fractional or ghost ball method.
Not an overlap system either.

Users of CTE shouldn't be checking contact points .

Why are you so stuck on this. It's been answered over and over and over and over.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Would a pro that is being named to be using CTE still be using CTE when he bends over and lines up the contact point of the money ball to the pocket ?
It's the last ball on the table and it's a relatively easy shot for them.

How about when he points the stick to the contact point when he's shooting a combo ? Is he still using CTE ?

It's not unusual for a player to take extra time on the money ball just to calm down and get rid of the "nervous nellies". There's a youtube video showing some pro players butchering the money ball that's less than a 15* cut. He's killing time and calming down. Probably walked around the table and chalked up 2 or 3 times too. So what?

When two balls are less than a diamond distance ALL aiming systems break down. You need to thin the ball more as the distance between them gets closer. CP2CP or GB are the only methods that are reliable as far as I know. NONE of the aiming systems in this forum mention how to use the system for combos.

I don't know of any combo video that Stan has released so I can't speak on how cte works with them.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not unusual for a player to take extra time on the money ball just to calm down and get rid of the "nervous nellies". There's a youtube video showing some pro players butchering the money ball that's less than a 15* cut. He's killing time and calming down. Probably walked around the table and chalked up 2 or 3 times too. So what?

When two balls are less than a diamond distance ALL aiming systems break down. You need to thin the ball more as the distance between them gets closer. CP2CP or GB are the only methods that are reliable as far as I know. NONE of the aiming systems in this forum mention how to use the system for combos.

I don't know of any combo video that Stan has released so I can't speak on how cte works with them.

Excellent comments.

One exception, though, CTE PRO ONE does not break down even if only a ball apart.

Connie Shuffett

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Excellent comments.

One exception, though, CTE PRO ONE does not break down even if only a ball apart.

Connie Shuffett

The two major reasons I'm waiting with baited breath for the book and truth series is to see how cte addresses balls less than a diamond apart and how to use it for combos. I'm aware that you can use the next perception as they get closer but I'm curious when the switch is made and which perception vs. ball separation.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The two major reasons I'm waiting with baited breath for the book and truth series is to see how cte addresses balls less than a diamond apart and how to use it for combos. I'm aware that you can use the next perception as they get closer but I'm curious when the switch is made and which perception vs. ball separation.

You can pretty much toss out distance. For a given close up cue ball-object relation, one of the perceptions will work.

Concerning combinations: Typically the way two balls lay on a table with a cue ball, one of the perceptions will almost always produce a hit. A hit guarantees nothing, but for combinations most players are happy to use the entire width of the pocket. So, many combinations can be pocketed in a slop pocket manner. Who cares? Many combinations will also need adjustments to the perception. Bottom line: CTE is not exact for combinations, but the CTE perceptions will offer a hit and many times will pocket the ball without adjustment.

Stan does not switch to conventional vision when combinations appear.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
You can pretty much toss out distance. For a given close up cue ball-object relation, one of the perceptions will work.

Concerning combinations: Typically the way two balls lay on a table with a cue ball, one of the perceptions will almost always produce a hit. A hit guarantees nothing, but for combinations most players are happy to use the entire width of the pocket. So, many combinations can be pocketed in a slop pocket manner. Who cares? Many combinations will also need adjustments to the perception. Bottom line: CTE is not exact for combinations, but the CTE perceptions will offer a hit and many times will pocket the ball without adjustment.

Stan does not switch to conventional vision when combinations appear.

Connie Shuffett

Thanks for the info. I'll try some of these shots on the table and try to work it out. Are the adjustments for the combos in the pivot/sweep or use of side?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
When two balls are less than a diamond distance ALL aiming systems break down.
Not all.

For instance, fractional alignments produce the same angle cuts (e.g., a half ball hit produces a 30-degree cut) at any CB/OB distance - so long as you remember that the cut angle is measured from the CB-to-ghost ball line.

And since CTE is derived from fractional aiming, it probably "works" at all distances too.

pj
chgo

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I'll try some of these shots on the table and try to work it out. Are the adjustments for the combos in the pivot/sweep or use of side?

First principle is to work with the given perception along with the given pivot direction as any adjustment might be minute.
It is very possible to maintain the given perception, but use the opposite pivot direction for solving the shot.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not all.

For instance, fractional alignments produce the same angle cuts (e.g., a half ball hit produces a 30-degree cut) at any CB/OB distance - so long as you remember that the cut angle is measured from the CB-to-ghost ball line.

And since CTE is derived from fractional aiming, it probably "works" at all distances too.

pj
chgo

Derivative is an okay description, but the buck stops there.

CTE PRO ONE in action is as different as night and day.

Connie Shuffett