Book Finally Coming?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
My first question was why are so many having problems with cte??? Are you saying there was a lack of information for so many not getting it ?

You have plenty of info out now with videos and 2 dvds , people are still wanting more and seems like they are still not getting it.My 3rd question was why are people still needing more??

You didnt answer my last question, why or how does(pro1) using a few perception create a center pocket?

In Connie's/Stan's defense, I do believe these questions have been answered. From what I've read, here are the best answers available....

1. Troubled users: Only the same handful of people here on AZ and the old RSB forum have had problems with CTE. No one else.

2. Incomplete info: There was no lack of information. In the beginning there were some mistakes, but real CTE is a visual system, and the truth series will provide greater detail about the visual aspects of the system.

3. Center pocket: For this answer you simply go back to what Hal Houle said. No other explanation besides Hal's has been accepted, and apparently no one else is smart enough to figure out any other acceptable explanation. According to Hal, the fact that there are 2 aiming references on the cb and 3 on the ob means these references are related to the 6 pockets of a pool table, because 2 x 3 = 6. The perceptions are 15, 30, and 45, which when added together total 90. Since there are eight 90° angles on a 2x1 pool table, each representing the center of a pocket, the perceptions must connect the ob to the center of a pocket for every shot.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Stan has a local educator of the year award to prove it and was nominated for educator of the year for the state of Kentucky.

Connie Shuffett

That's awesome. My mom was a teacher, and I have a lot of respect for all those who go into that profession. :)

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has a local educator of the year award to prove it and was nominated for educator of the year for the state of Kentucky.

Connie Shuffett

My bad. I thought you were the one posting the message since it says 'Connie Shuffett' and you are a teacher. If Stan is the one who is really posting the content of your messages just sign his name please and avoid this confusion.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad. I thought you were the one posting the message since it says 'Connie Shuffett' and you are a teacher. If Stan is the one who is really posting the content of your messages just sign his name please and avoid this confusion.

If you are still confused about this then I don't think anyone can help you.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe I'm going to refrain from participating in anymore CTE related threads. That's right Cookie, no clapping neccessary. lol.

Everything that could possibly be said in favor of or in question of the system has already been addressed. Some problems/questions have been addressed, while others have been avoided or answered with questionable logic or complete denial. It's been like this for a decade or more, though I have only engaged in it for about the last 3 years. Plenty enough wasted time for me. When someone shows a shot example that proves a valid point, as far as questioning CTE perceptions and pivots, and the reply is either derogatory, illogical, or nonresponsive, then it's a waste of time to continue with any questions or comments.

I believe Stan is a good person with a lot of passion for the game, as well as for teaching. If he says his truth series and upcoming book will contain never-seen-before visual instructions, then maybe all these aiming war flames will finally burn out with that extra knowledge.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I'm going to refrain from participating in anymore CTE related threads. That's right Cookie, no clapping neccessary. lol.

Everything that could possibly be said in favor of or in question of the system has already been addressed. Some problems/questions have been addressed, while others have been avoided or answered with questionable logic or complete denial. It's been like this for a decade or more, though I have only engaged in it for about the last 3 years. Plenty enough wasted time for me. When someone shows a shot example that proves a valid point, as far as questioning CTE perceptions and pivots, and the reply is either derogatory, illogical, or nonresponsive, then it's a waste of time to continue with any questions or comments.

I believe Stan is a good person with a lot of passion for the game, as well as for teaching. If he says his truth series and upcoming book will contain never-seen-before visual instructions, then maybe all these aiming war flames will finally burn out with that extra knowledge.

Dan won't like that you edited this post,lol.

Actually the hope, and i believe it would be a nice change, is that when the book finally comes out only those who buy the book discuss the book. These keyboard opinions, "i think what happens" don't do anyone any good. Of course we all know that Dan will only buy the book to look for misplaced comma's so we will have to put up with that.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Brian, I applaud you for this post. My take on it is you wrote it with the utmost sincerity. You hit the nail on the head in the last paragraph.

Btw, I hope you know the last post I made to you was not written with malice or foreboding. Sometimes the written word doesn't come close to expressing true meanings when in person or knowing the person.

Apparently Mike took it the wrong way or someone who reported it did.

Sorry about that. (I think most of us are all grown up jerk offs and pranksters at heart. Most all pool players I know are)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Dan won't like that you edited this post,lol.

Actually the hope, and i believe it would be a nice change, is that when the book finally comes out only those who buy the book discuss the book. These keyboard opinions, "i think what happens" don't do anyone any good. Of course we all know that Dan will only buy the book to look for misplaced comma's so we will have to put up with that.

I don't know...I like to that Dan will give an honest opinion of the book and video series. He has brought up some good points, and he's shown some things in a video or two that justifies some of his CTE questions or opinions.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Brian, I applaud you for this post. My take on it is you wrote it with the utmost sincerity. You hit the nail on the head in the last paragraph.

Btw, I hope you know the last post I made to you was not written with malice or foreboding. Sometimes the written word doesn't come close to expressing true meanings when in person or knowing the person.

Apparently Mike took it the wrong way or someone who reported it did.

Sorry about that. (I think most of us are all grown up jerk offs and pranksters at heart. Most all pool players I know are)

Thanks, and no I didn't take the last post as malice. I actually laughed when I read it.

I honestly believe that you could take two or three lifelong friends, wipe their memory of each other if that were possible, then place them all together in an online forum where no one truly knows anyone personally, and these old friends would be one thread or one post away from establishing new "enemies". Lol.

Right now in Richmond VA there are thousands of people protesting side by side for a common belief, and I guarantee you some of those people are standing next to their online nemesis or someone they think they despise simply because of some online bs comments they've tossed back and forth. It's a wide open world, and it's easy to get caught up in trivial stuff that really doesn't matter all that much.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know...I like to that Dan will give an honest opinion of the book and video series. He has brought up some good points, and he's shown some things in a video or two that justifies some of his CTE questions or opinions.

I don't think he could give an honest opinion at this point. Hope i'm wrong. But we will never know unless he actually learns the system and i don't think he will.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Thanks, and no I didn't take the last post as malice. I actually laughed when I read it.

Good to hear because that's what it was meant to do. I should have used more emoticons.

Sure was fodder for someone else to report though.

Hey, I like you and everyone look forward to the book and truth series coming out.

Guess I'm more patient since I actually had a bird's eye view up close and personal for a number of days and participated at the table for a lot of hours. It is different to get immediate feedback and corrected to do it the right way.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
1. Troubled users: Only the same handful of people here on AZ and the old RSB forum have had problems with CTE. No one else.

As a long standing member of the GO10 I can honestly say that CTE isn't the issue. I was actually interested in the book until now.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
In Connie's/Stan's defense, I do believe these questions have been answered. From what I've read, here are the best answers available....

2. Incomplete info: There was no lack of information. In the beginning there were some mistakes, but real CTE is a visual system, and the truth series will provide greater detail about the visual aspects of the system.

3. Center pocket: For this answer you simply go back to what Hal Houle said. No other explanation besides Hal's has been accepted, and apparently no one else is smart enough to figure out any other acceptable explanation. According to Hal, the fact that there are 2 aiming references on the cb and 3 on the ob means these references are related to the 6 pockets of a pool table, because 2 x 3 = 6. The perceptions are 15, 30, and 45, which when added together total 90. Since there are eight 90° angles on a 2x1 pool table, each representing the center of a pocket, the perceptions must connect the ob to the center of a pocket for every shot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Troubled users: Only the same handful of people here on AZ and the old RSB forum have had problems with CTE. No one else. It seems users and non users are still needing more info and its just not on this forum.
2. Incomplete info: There was no lack of information. In the beginning there were some mistakes, but real CTE is a visual system, and the truth series will provide greater detail about the visual aspects of the system. So 2 dvds didn't really have it covered??

3. Center pocket: For this answer you simply go back to what Hal Houle said. No other explanation besides Hal's has been accepted, and apparently no one else is smart enough to figure out any other acceptable explanation. According to Hal, the fact that there are 2 aiming references on the cb and 3 on the ob means these references are related to the 6 pockets of a pool table, because 2 x 3 = 6. The perceptions are 15, 30, and 45, which when added together total 90. Since there are eight 90° angles on a 2x1 pool table, each representing the center of a pocket, the perceptions must connect the ob to the center of a pocket for every shot.[/QUOTE]

So we have no explanation on how or why but rather it does.??

The ghost ball is what a 1" 1/8 behind the contact point going from 0 to 90 degree's.
What are there 4 or 5 different perceptions going in one way for a cut shot. Slice a 1" 1/8 by 4 or 5, your area's are very small. Some one going at it like this with either fall close to the shot line or right on it. Meaning.. maybe the user creates the center pocket and if you not that good of a player...well..close don't count. Maybe the player creates his or her outcome. Why not?? Stan don't know why, I guess Know one has the the answer on why.

Thanks for your post Brian.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just about every regular here who has been critical of CTE has been giving an honest opinion. I've said many times I have no reason to "hate" CTE or not want it to work. I've said just the opposite -- that it would be terrific if there really was a method that put the player on the shot line (a method other than Poolology, of course :wink:). How many times have I said I'd buy lots of books and give them out if CTE could actually do that? I think some people here just like to argue and want an online enemy to joust with. Me? Sometimes I like to argue, but I mostly kept it about the topic at hand and not the person I was disagreeing with. If you make an asinine statement I'll call it out, but I won't call that person asinine... well, almost never will. Everyone has their limits.

As you implied in another post, Stan has done much to damage his credibility. His unwavering insistence that CTE can do virtually anything on the pool table always rang hollow, particularly because there was so much evidence to the contrary. The closest thing Stan would ever say is that he made some mistakes along the way...but... wait for it... even so it was still right. He did that just recently with the combinations thing. But, I digress.

In short, yes, of course I would give credit where due regarding the book as would you and Lou and PJ and Drs. Dave and Bob.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In short, yes, of course I would give credit where due regarding the book as would you and Lou and PJ and Drs. Dave and Bob.

You almost had me, lmao.But then you picked the most outspoken opponents of CTE for the last 20 years to be on your side.
Ok, i have Dave Segal, tyler Styer, Brian Parks, Hunter Lombardo.

Reality though, we need a discussion forum where people that have bought the book, and are working on CTE, to ask questions and get answers from others that are experienced users. We won't have that here, but we will have it somewhere else.

PS has your team sent you a copy of the book review yet? It's mostly already written.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Until the book and a Truth video series comes out...........no current CTE user knows if they a using CTE correctly or some modified version of it.

Therefore, those experienced in what they think is CTE just might be giving wrong instructions on how to use it.

You can not say you are a CTE user until the book comes out.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You almost had me, lmao.But then you picked the most outspoken opponents of CTE for the last 20 years to be on your side.

What makes you think your picks have more impact than their side? These pros and the amateur with the best record in amateur play ever have only been using it successfully for a short period of time, comparatively speaking. What's the big deal about a player using it on the Mosconi Cup? That's nothing more than a rinky-dink event where guys hoot and holler and slap each other on the back.

They have no idea what all the pitfalls are based on physics, math, accuracy of 2D drawings, and geometry. Wait until they're exposed to all of that with the doubt and negativity creeping in. They may never make a ball again.

I didn't realize it in the beginning how Hal was brain washing me and I never gave it a thought when he sent some kind of powder and said to mix it in water and drink because it was harmless Kool-Aid. Did taste pretty decent and I still drink it.

The advancements in technology over the years have been fantastic for the accuracy of the "secret decoder rings" we're issued after taking the pledge and the hazing process. It's almost like cheating with the new ones. Balls go in from everywhere.

I never did know what to do with the snake oil. Are you supposed to drink it or rub it into your skin? I tried rubbing it in and it just didn't "feel" right.

My guess is nothing is going to change when the book and Truth Series videos come out as far as peace in the valley. Minds are already made up.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Reality though, we need a discussion forum where people that have bought the book, and are working on CTE, to ask questions and get answers from others that are experienced users. We won't have that here, but we will have it somewhere else.

PS has your team sent you a copy of the book review yet? It's mostly already written.

lol, well for starters we have everyone playing in the DCC Bigfoot this year:

Josh Filler
Roberto Gomez
Jayson Shaw
Chris Melling
Billy Thorpe
Konrad Juszczyszyn
Skyler Woodward
Francisco Bustamante
Shane Vanboening
Dennis Orcollo
John Morra
Alex Pagulayan
Corey Deuel
Mike Immonen
Lee Vann Corteza
James Aranas

Lou Figueroa
why not

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, well for starters we have everyone playing in the DCC Bigfoot this year:

Josh Filler
Roberto Gomez
Jayson Shaw
Chris Melling
Billy Thorpe
Konrad Juszczyszyn
Skyler Woodward
Francisco Bustamante
Shane Vanboening
Dennis Orcollo
John Morra
Alex Pagulayan
Corey Deuel
Mike Immonen
Lee Vann Corteza
James Aranas

Lou Figueroa
why not

Great list of players. None of them use GB, CPs, or fractions.,They all play with their strongest line of sight away from the shot line at ball address which means that they sweep into the shot lines. Perhaps not Mika.
Fedor Gorst had planned to learn more about this at DCC from Tyler but Fedor can’t attend because of age. He’ll catch up with Tyler later as they’re good friends. I will share the outcome when it happens.

Angry Prostate