Brunswick Anniversary/Sportking Rails - Salvage?

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what to do with a set of old rails? They are in good shape but they were never extended or calibrated. As far as old Brunswick rails go they play great. The rubber is decent, the pocket angles are better than most, and the laminate is undamaged.

They are from a 9 FT Brunswick Sportking. The Sportking rails and Anniversary rails are identical and interchangeable. The table was likely built in the 70s.

When I say rail, I'm taking about the entire rail structure above the slate (cushion, subrail, wooden rail, laminate surface,etc.).

I could sell them but the odds of finding a buyer seems astronomical. I doubt I'll find anyone local and the price to ship them is not probably not worth it to anyone. I'm probably going to throw them in my attic where they will waste away for eternity.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
You can make a tabletop/cabinet top out of them, a miniature version of a table, if no one wants them. There's a picture around but I'm at work so I don't have access to them. I'll find it later if no one else posts it.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm needing an end rail for my Anniversary --would like to get a picture of one if possible.Might be others that need a rail to replace a damaged one. Might try selling them here in the for sale section of the forum.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would salvage those rails for sure. There are quite a few folks around the country that can work wonders with those old Brunswick rails, and it's always nice having an extra set of rails. If you don't want to mess with them it should be no problem finding a buyer as well. They aren't quite as desirable as the walnut rails, but still in demand since there are literally thousands of those old classics still in service.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Save them!

If nothing else, utilize them to make floating shelve decor for your man cave!

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I was wondering the same. I don't know for sure, but think that the Sport King and Anniversary ended production in the early 60s.

Edit: FWIW checking the Brunswick archives, the last year that I see the Sport King and Anniversary listed in sales brochures is 1963. Here is a link below.

https://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/62CC1922-5272-473F-9592-282312139011

Interesting find, I'm curious of an exact year as well. I was told that the table mechanics (Al & Moe) for Danny Vegh's (billiard supplier) signed and dated every table they setup around the Cleveland area. Sure enough, when I removed the cloth it says "Al & Moe 1973" on the top of the slate. I could be wrong about the year but I know it was the early 70s.

So if it was built in the 60s maybe it wasn't sold until the 70s. Or maybe Al & Moe signed it when they reclothed the table or moved it. Not quite sure...

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting find, I'm curious of an exact year as well. I was told that the table mechanics (Al & Moe) for Danny Vegh's (billiard supplier) signed and dated every table they setup around the Cleveland area. Sure enough, when I removed the cloth it says "Al & Moe 1973" on the top of the slate. I could be wrong about the year but I know it was the early 70s.

So if it was built in the 60s maybe it wasn't sold until the 70s. Or maybe Al & Moe signed it when they reclothed the table or moved it. Not quite sure...

The table was made in the '50's or '60's.

neolux

Registered
Anyone know what to do with a set of old rails? They are in good shape but they were never extended or calibrated. As far as old Brunswick rails go they play great. The rubber is decent, the pocket angles are better than most, and the laminate is undamaged.

They are from a 9 FT Brunswick Sportking. The Sportking rails and Anniversary rails are identical and interchangeable. The table was likely built in the 70s.

When I say rail, I'm taking about the entire rail structure above the slate (cushion, subrail, wooden rail, laminate surface,etc.).

I could sell them but the odds of finding a buyer seems astronomical. I doubt I'll find anyone local and the price to ship them is not probably not worth it to anyone. I'm probably going to throw them in my attic where they will waste away for eternity.
Are the rails Formica or wood (usually walnut)?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the rails Formica or wood (usually walnut)?

Formica. I’ve never seen a Sport King with walnut rails. I don’t think it was even an option when those tables were produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Formica. I’ve never seen a Sport King with walnut rails. I don’t think it was even an option when those tables were produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did make them in Walnut, exactly like Anniversary rails. I buy those tables for parts when I see them.

TFT

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did make them in Walnut, exactly like Anniversary rails. I buy those tables for parts when I see them.

TFT

Thanks for the correction. I just looked through the Brunswick Library and you are right. The very early ones had walnut rails just like the Anniversary (prior to 1955).

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Formica per picture

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 207