Dr Dave public thank you

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
kinda rough!

I've learned more from Dave than from anybody else, and am learning from him to this day. His website: Billiards and Pool Principles, Techniques, Resources (AKA Dr. Dave's Multimedia Poolopedia) is easily the only pool/billiards information resource in its class for size or quality, and it continues to grow both ways. [One word, Dave: back ups.]

Add to that his growing schedule of instructional events and commercial products and his "retirement" is sounding more busy, not less - lucky us!

AzB Hall of Famer, if ever there was one.

Thanks, Dave.

pj
chgo

I could be mistaken but I don't think dave is in a rush to be in the AZB hall of fame.

Hu

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr Dave - thanks for creating a place for all of us to learn - a virtual library it is. Hats off to you sir...

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could be mistaken but I don't think dave is in a rush to be in the AZB hall of fame.

Hu

respect to the azb hall of fame..tho I'm confident pat meant "hall" in a different way :)
at any rate, I, too, am very appreciative of dr. dave's efforts!!
dr. dave, swerve on:thumbup:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is a tribute to Dave for all he is as does,
but at the same time it is an example of what this forum could be
if we put ourselves out to praise,compliment and lift up our fella man

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree!! Thanks, Dave, for everything you do. Always excellent and insightful.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks again to everybody for the heart-warming support. I appreciate it, and it inspires me to do more.

Best regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there an AzB Hall of Fame?

pj <- thought I made it up
chgo
I thought he made it up also. Regardless, being retired, I am certainly in no rush to get anywhere. However, to be clear, I retired from my "day job" (university professor), but I have not retired from my passion for pool. I plan to continue to work hard on my pool stuff for a long time to come.

Regards,
Dave

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Dave, for all your hard work and dedication to the sport and for being a true gentleman and scholar.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big thanks to Dr.Dave for all his time spent for our sport, excellent information/instruction.

I have learned allot over the years watching Dave's videos and I need all the help I can get:thumbup:

Have a good day,

-Kat,

btal

Registered
for all you have done to make Az a fun place
rather a place where at least one person makes helpful comments, and provides
wonderful video instruction available

I have played pool 65 years with some of the greatest players to ever play and never really got any good,I never even heard of the things you descibe and demonstrate on here regularly

I am in awe of the things you regularly make available

Thank you for all you do,I have never seen anything like this
Dean
Couldn't agree with you more Dean. Well said and deserved. Thanks Dr. Dave!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I don't want to steal any of Dave's thunder, so here's just a tip o' the hat to my other personal "pool scientist" heroes, Bob Jewett, Mike Page and Ron Shepard.

Mike and Ron don't post as much as they used to (haven't heard from Ron since RSB days), but along with Bob and Dave they're still the Four Tops of pool science in my book.

Thanks to you guys too,

pj
chgo

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't want to steal any of Dave's thunder, so here's just a tip o' the hat to my other personal "pool scientist" heroes, Bob Jewett, Mike Page and Ron Shepard.

Mike and Ron don't post as much as they used to (haven't heard from Ron since RSB days), but along with Bob and Dave they're still the Four Tops of pool science in my book.

Thanks to you guys too,

pj
chgo
Ditto! They were the true pool physics pioneers (along with Coriolis, the original pool physics pioneer). I have certainly learned a lot from them over the years.

Regards,
Dave

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I don't know if I found AZB first or Dave at colostate.edu about 10 years ago.

I started reading a lot from Dave's site, helped a lot. Incredible information. I hadn't bought a book in decades. Happened to come across his in a store, and bought The Illustrated Principals of Pool and Billiards.

Knowing Dave's math background, it's pool turned into math. And math is an exact science for most practicable purposes.

It's great stuff. When you want the final word on why, how or what happened, Dr Dave has the answer.

Thank You

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add me to the fan list , a treasure trove of information and a genuine love for the game from Dr. Dave ,well done sir.