Tony Vs Dennis Chit Chat Thread

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I can only imagine Scott is wondering where the heck this Dennis was when they were playing their match. I just caught the last game and I think Dennis missed more shots in that game then he did in the whole match against Scott.

By day 2 I might be sneaking in the old cue if I was Dennis.

Celtic

Silver Member
Confused there, Dennis made Tony's hanger and followed it in and scratched and then re-spotted the ball. Does that not stay down for Tony and Dennis owes 1 and spots a ball only once he makes one?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Confused there, Dennis made Tony's hanger and followed it in and scratched and then re-spotted the ball. Does that not stay down for Tony and Dennis owes 1 and spots a ball only once he makes one?
This was a confusing 1-pocket rule for me too. From watching enough matches, it appears that all balls made during a scratch get spotted back up, even if they are made in your opponents pocket. That's why at the end of the game, you can make the last ball in your opponents pocket and scratch and not lose.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a confusing 1-pocket rule for me too. From watching enough matches, it appears that all balls made during a scratch get spotted back up, even if they are made in your opponents pocket. That's why at the end of the game, you can make the last ball in your opponents pocket and scratch and not lose.

Correct the ball comes back up

Celtic

Silver Member

Yeah, at the end that makes sense, you spot the potted ball and one of your own. The tricky thing here is Tony was technically +1, so from there he could run 7 balls and win the game with 8 still on the table. Never seen that.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The things Tony is shooting at with this lead and making would br tough to fade for anyone. Dennis is under tremendous pressure

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, at the end that makes sense, you spot the potted ball and one of your own. The tricky thing here is Tony was technically +1, so from there he could run 7 balls and win the game with 8 still on the table. Never seen that.

No not the case at all DO goes -1 Tony still has to make 8 balls and DO needs 9

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Dennis received a wake up call ... He needs to step it up or he is headed for big trouble ... this is a race to 40 and there remains a lot of pool to be played.

However, with a big enough lead Tony can start playing down hill, taking chances he would not in a tight match, if he makes good on those shots this thing could have the potential of a blow out.

Thanks to POV it's time for me to return to the live action !!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The things Tony is shooting at with this lead and making would br tough to fade for anyone. Dennis is under tremendous pressure

He's being clearly out played like he's never seen before he's in a real tough spot from here even on day one he might want to scrap that mucci and pull out that SW ,,

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
He's being clearly out played like he's never seen before he's in a real tough spot from here even on day one he might want to scrap that mucci and pull out that SW ,,

Dennis actually missed a ball completely that he tried to fan. And he missed it by a lot. I've never seen him do that before. Dennis is struggling with everything, while Tony is making many combos and caroms out of the stack like they're nothing.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis actually missed a ball completely that he tried to fan. And he missed it by a lot. I've never seen him do that before. Dennis is struggling with everything, while Tony is making many combos and caroms out of the stack like they're nothing.

He's missed countless shots that are automatic for him a T Rex is knocking down or changing the table at will

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
He's missed countless shots that are automatic for him a T Rex is knocking down or changing the table at will

Tony shot that one shot where he moved 3 of Dennis' balls in front of his hole at once and I swear that Tony intended to bounce the cue ball in the air off the back rail to avoid kissing any of the balls. That was sick.