do you need to know how to draw the cue ball two table lengths?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being able to draw a ball two table lengths is kinda like having a 15 inch pecker. It's a good thing to brag about and it's fun to show to your buddies, but you don't get to use it much and it's a nuisance at the swimming pool.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! ;)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Being able to draw a ball two table lengths is kinda like having a 15 inch pecker. It's a good thing to brag about and it's fun to show to your buddies, but you don't get to use it much and it's a nuisance at the swimming pool.

I believe I would show it to the opposite sex, not my buddies....but what do I know

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
If you have a big BIG draw then it would be handy in straight pool to plow through
a cluster and not get stuck to another ball.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member

Somebody finally understands me! :grin:

Do you need to be able to draw a cue ball 2 table lengths?

Of course, you see it in pro matches all the time. :rolleyes:

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i guess that answers my question boxcar. im still laughing:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no, it isn't worth the time to learn to draw the ball great distances. it is worth it to learn how to draw the ball with speed control, whether it be 2 inches or 7 feet. its a shot that you need in your repertoire.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can do that, then you know you have a good draw shot. That's good to know. Do you need it a lot? No.

Buzzard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A thing of beauty

When I see SVB or Earl execute a power draw, when the ball finally bites and turns, IMHO it is the most beautiful shot in pool and if I could do it I would fulfill my lifelong dream of having perfect mechanics. That is after approx 67 years of trying (on and off)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being able to draw the ball to a precise spot from a distance is more important. Most decent players could probably draw up and down table if they put the cue ball a foot away from the object ball but there are other things far more important.

It's primary value would be on a bet if you can talk anybody into it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Absolutely, it will make all the shorter draw shots more accurate and easier.

Anybody saying no.....is wrong.

Ever notice guys warming up hitting balls twice as hard as they would normally? There's a reason they do that.

Being able to draw the ball to a precise spot from a distance is more important. Most decent players could probably draw up and down table if they put the cue ball a foot away from the object ball but there are other things far more important.

It's primary value would be on a bet if you can talk anybody into it.

The power you got in reserve means your control is better.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, it's a good tool to have in your box.

I have lots of tools that I seldom use. Having said that, it's nice to have it when it's needed.....regardless of how rare the occasion.

Jeff

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I see SVB or Earl execute a power draw, when the ball finally bites and turns, IMHO it is the most beautiful shot in pool and if I could do it I would fulfill my lifelong dream of having perfect mechanics. That is after approx 67 years of trying (on and off)
Siming Chen can execute the power draw as accurately and as impressively as any of the men pro players.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the first time I played 1 pkt , I shot a ball from beside the stack and drew 3 rails back to in front of my opponents pocket. A older gambler looked at the guy I was playing and said " Looks like you got a 9ball player".

I play quite a bit of barbox 8 ball, power draw shots there are only 12 to 14 feet. You hit some challengers with 1 of those and you have either lost your pigeon or have a guy about to launch whitey trying to prove he can do that too:thumbup:

There is a reason road players say dont draw your rock over 6 inches!

The "don't draw your rock" is a thing of the past.

In today's world, with the fast felt, livelier cushions, better quality CB's and OB's, high tech tips not to mention, better air conditioning, a person don't need SVB's stroke.

Jeff

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "don't draw your rock" is a thing of the past.

In today's world, with the fast felt, livelier cushions, better quality CB's and OB's, high tech tips not to mention, better air conditioning, a person don't need SVB's stroke.

Jeff

Finally someone mentioned table conditions. On worn, dirty cloth, a lot of your backspin wears off before the CB gets to the object ball...when the object ball is far away that is.

I can put an object ball 6 diamonds away, and draw back to the head of the table. When my stroke is good anyway. That's more then enough for me.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
And even when you get to you can only use half of it.

pj
chgo

Pedestrian

Registered
is it worth the time and effort to learn how to draw the cue ball long lengths? or is it just a fun way to mess around the table. how often would you need to draw the cue ball back 1.5 table lengths???? im playing on a 7 foot table, so at the most im drawing back maybe 4 or 5 diamonds to get where i want to be. if im at one end of the table, i only have to draw back 4 diamonds to get back to the middle of the table, and from the middle i should be able to figure something out??

saw a video of a guy practicing long draw shots, and its really great to watch. but on his 5 attempt, he launched the cue ball 3 feet in the air??

i have chipped enough tiles on my floor by launching the cue ball already. is this a needed skill, or just for fun?

(i have a hard enough time with a 4/5 diamond draw) just wondering:smile:

It isn't the distance of the draw so much as one can use the power to separate balls to create a shot. I have used it quite a bit in 8 ball, there being such a higher instance of balls clumped together.