Why No Big Bar Table Tournaments in the Southeast?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Is there a reason that all the big bar table tournaments are on the Westcoast? Is it because the promoters live out there or that there are more venues out there for this sort of thing? Johnnyt

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
??????????????? one of the best bar tourny tables in the country is hosted by chris miller of white diamonds.....you need to go....lousiana isnt that far from florida.....

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
tampa to lafayette would be a 12 hr drive. Me and buddy wanted to go to white diamond too but we figured out it would be 30 hrs driving. 15 hrs one way would be like u driving from dallas to phoenix arizona tattoo.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
??????????????? one of the best bar tourny tables in the country is hosted by chris miller of white diamonds.....you need to go....lousiana isnt that far from florida.....

The White Diamond tounaments are great, but a little to far for me to go. I was thinking more Southeast than that:D. I kick myself in the ass for not going to Corey's/Seminole bar box one in Holiday, FL a few months ago.

When I said big I ment like the big bb tournaments like the US Open bar box and US Amatuer bb ones like they hve in Vegas. Johnnyt

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
hell i am from texas....if you want to go anywhere its a drive....i am use to driving 4 to 6 hours to do anything of great importance and most of the time i am not even close to getting outside the state...one thing about living in florida is that you might not have any good bar table tournys......but you have some of the best cue makers in the world..so i guess it is an even trade....:thumbup: i hope they get a tourny in your area so you can enjoy them with out the long drive...mickey

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tampa to lafayette would be a 12 hr drive. Me and buddy wanted to go to white diamond too but we figured out it would be 30 hrs driving. 15 hrs one way would be like u driving from dallas to phoenix arizona tattoo.

Richie and Justin and them came.....They got one comin up in august i think iN lousiana limited to 256 and he is addin 25 for everyplayer over 128 on top of 2000 added..should be big..

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
whats up parker....going to caspers this weekend? mickey

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats up whats up..I heard they have a one pocket limited to 16 and 100 entry..If they have that I will be there...

getsome01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???????????????

ever heard of breakers in mobile alabama? every year a big bar table event.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
RoundTrip ticket to New Orleans (1 1/2 hrs from Lafayette).

An internet ticket from Southwest can be as low as $227.00 including fees ROUND TRIP to New Orleans, where you can pick up some extra cash on the way over to Lafayette. Just don't go crazy and give up the nuts before you have a chance to play in Lafayette.

JoeyA

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Smokey Mountain Shootout
I know you're thinking more like Florida when you say SE

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Johnnyt, the all american tour had two barbox 8ball events on the east coast recently. I didnt go to either one but they were called amateur events and had 500 added each. Funny thing is the pic of the last tournament finalist, one of the guys looked like Eric Durbain but he was called some other first name. He snuck in I guess masquerading as an amateur and then got beat by an amateur, a regular on the KF tour that plays good but Durbain could probably give up a big spot to. I think there is another event coming up in early may in west palm but im not sure if its barbox again.

If you play APA, alot of the regional events leading to singles nationals are done on barboxes. The one for South florida was played on valleys I believe at a bar in Lake Worth.

You could always play the ring ding bar scene in the Bayarea. My buddy plays sometimes at a place in St Pete that has a cheap entry fee and maybe a 100 first prize but it happens weekly at least. Its barbox 8ball on valleys as well.

Putuporshutup we met at Innisbruck. I was the guy who asked you about your az name. I really wanted to come out to white diamonds in April. Me and my buddy sweated the airfare on Kayak.com and even mapped out the rental car route (2.5 hrs from New Orleans), but in the end it was still like 6hrs door to door with a nut of 600 each to come. We ended up deciding that if we were going to spend that much we wanted to go to SBE, BCAs or US Bartable in reno.

Once you get 5 hrs+ drive away, I think the working joes like me and retired enthusiasts like Johnnyt die off alot from tournaments. I have to be at work on monday at 830am, Justin and Richie will still be asleep in their hotel bed or maybe still at post action waffle house. Those guys get around alot too. Justin was just down in Miami recently with Trini and the crew butting heads with the Cuban stakehorse favorites down here. Justin played some local 100 a game 9ball, behind the back giving and up some crazy spot. It was real entertainment i was told.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Hey JT,

The Smoky Mtn Shootout is one of the best bartable tournaments in the country held every year in Waynesville, NC...... That is "northern" southeast.

Unforunately for you, the tournament starts tomorrow with 128 players trying to put their name on the trophy. The tournament gets very little coverage but is definitely one of the premier fields for bartable action.

Here is a thread about the event:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=184428

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It looks like if I want to play in one of the bigger tournaments I need to jump on a plane. It really isn't about the purse money. I just want to see where I'm at in the pecking order at this point in my life. Nashville sounds good and the wife has been after me for years to take her there. Johnnyt

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
I think Dawn Hopkins' Expo in Atlanta is going to have an amateur 9-Ball tournament played on bar-boxes. That's going to take place in October this year I believe...

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
So I would conclude that the biggest bar table events are in tn,al,nc.
there are too many nits in florida to have really big events there, everyone talks about playing but seldom pulls the trigger

Dont forget about the scotty townsend event may 1st i think in mobile

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
It looks like if I want to play in one of the bigger tournaments I need to jump on a plane. It really isn't about the purse money. I just want to see where I'm at in the pecking order at this point in my life. Nashville sounds good and the wife has been after me for years to take her there. Johnnyt

Johnny,
I've done a lot of plane jumping going to different tournaments and I have one recommendation if you are trying to save money and time.

Get on the Internet and shop around for your flight EARLY, very EARLY. It will not only save you lots of money but you will have the advantage of selecting open seats on some of the non-stop flights, which close-out early (especially when it comes to lower fares).

The fares from www.southwest.com are economical and normally not advertised anywhere else on the Internet. The "INTERNET" fares are FIRM and you cannot get your money back if you change your mind about going (as I recall). Uwate mentione www.kayak.com but I'm not familiar with them as another Internet resource for air fares.

But the bottom line is there are some SUPER bargains out there if you book early. Just be sure you want to go. :D

Lucky Joe

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
So I would conclude that the biggest bar table events are in tn,al,nc.
there are too many nits in florida to have really big events there, everyone talks about playing but seldom pulls the trigger

Dont forget about the scotty townsend event may 1st i think in mobile

Yes, May 1st. $5000 guarnteed purse.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thanks Joey A for the Internet plane fare deals, and thank you all for the tournaments and dates out of FL...but in the Southest as I asked. Johnnyt