Thank you for helping me lose money!!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think anybody thought he played under Scott. Most of us just didn't realize what a monster he was. I can't think of a time I was more thoroughly impressed with someone's play. He never gave an inch and never backed down. He played his aggressive style all the way to victory.

Plus the guy probably has the only nickname in pool that's not annoying. Way to go T-Rex!!!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think anybody thought he played under Scott. Most of us just didn't realize what a monster he was. I can't think of a time I was more thoroughly impressed with someone's play. He never gave an inch and never backed down. He played his aggressive style all the way to victory.
Plus the guy probably has the only nickname in pool that's not annoying. Way to go T-Rex!!!
I'm a small-time bettor...........the T.Rex cleaned my clock. :sorry:
I didn't think he could get there against the Robo......Hah! He taught me a lesson.
Some of the finest one pocket I've ever seen and a well deserved win.
As Allen Hopkins used to answer when asked 'what to do when you go busted'.............................."Go get more money somewhere", was his reply.
Keep on truckin'

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

He pulled off stuff I didn't even think was possible. It was a learning experience for all experience levels.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Well, I can tell you that if they ever played again, I would certainly take Dennis heads-up. If it wasn't for the lopsided first day, Dennis wins. I never thought that there could be a player more aggressive than Frost, but Tony is the man.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats to you sir for putting up some cheese. Glad to see Tony upend Dennis. Tony was trapped by the break in the last game and came with an incredibly creative shot to gain the upper hand. Of course Tony's creativity cost him several games through the event when his strategy backfired. This was by far the most intense one pocket competition I've seen. Dennis doesn't book many losers--he is a phenomenal cueist. He makes 8 and out look easy.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I never thought that there could be a player more aggressive than Frost, but Tony is the man.

Frost is not "that" aggressive, he is actually fairly controlled and his aggressive shots almost always have a strong component of cueball safety position. There is no way Frost shoots the banks Tony did at the same speed, he pocket weights almost every bank if/when he can while Tony even at 7-7 just fires at them.

What Tony actually has on Scott is way more accuracy on the long key pots. Tony missed very few table length pots that "could" sell out the game if he missed. Every time he needed to stroke in a long tough shot and risk leaving Dennis something he made the ball. Scott misses some of those due to flat out not hitting the ball as straight as Tony does.

In a huge money match of Frost vs Tony I gotta give Tony the edge. Scott would probably outplay him to the outs a little more, but he is going to give back a larger percentage of those games due to simply missing a key ball every few games.

Alex actually misses more balls under the pressure as well, I think Tony vs Alex would be a tough match for both players. Alex is going to make Tony shoot more tough shots than Dennis did as he moves balls and hides his cueball way better than Dennis does. But Alex does miss more than Dennis.

ATM I think the best 1-pocket player is the world is clearly Tony, Alex or Dennis. I think any one of them on a given day/week can beat the other.

A step down and you have Shane, Frost, and maybe Hall and Danny. I am not putting in Daulton because he has been semi-retired for a couple decades and it shows in his inconsistency.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think your assessment is spot on.

Frost is not "that" aggressive, he is actually fairly controlled and his aggressive shots almost always have a strong component of cueball safety position. There is no way Frost shoots the banks Tony did at the same speed, he pocket weights almost every bank if/when he can while Tony even at 7-7 just fires at them.

What Tony actually has on Scott is way more accuracy on the long key pots. Tony missed very few table length pots that "could" sell out the game if he missed. Every time he needed to stroke in a long tough shot and risk leaving Dennis something he made the ball. Scott misses some of those due to flat out not hitting the ball as straight as Tony does.

In a huge money match of Frost vs Tony I gotta give Tony the edge. Scott would probably outplay him to the outs a little more, but he is going to give back a larger percentage of those games due to simply missing a key ball every few games.

Alex actually misses more balls under the pressure as well, I think Tony vs Alex would be a tough match for both players. Alex is going to make Tony shoot more tough shots than Dennis did as he moves balls and hides his cueball way better than Dennis does. But Alex does miss more than Dennis.

ATM I think the best 1-pocket player is the world is clearly Tony, Alex or Dennis. I think any one of them on a given day/week can beat the other.

A step down and you have Shane, Frost, and maybe Hall and Danny. I am not putting in Daulton because he has been semi-retired for a couple decades and it shows in his inconsistency.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
No Efren? :confused:

Not anymore, he still knows how to move but he cannot pot balls like he once did and in 1-pocket you still need to be able to step up and make that 9-foot shot when you need to.

Make no mistake though, Efren in his absolute prime in 1-pocket is better then the best today IMO. He moved like Alex and potted like Dennis, he was the complete package.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Shannon comes to a tournament prepared to play, he can still beat anyone at One Pocket or Banks. He won't be playing any long matches so you can forget that. I always loved Shannon's game and thought he was underrated. He was the only one I saw spank Efren in his prime. Shannon banked better than anyone else and knew the moves as well. Under pressure he used to get pumped up and play better!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I saw Alex pooch that cinch 9-Ball for all the win in that match against Shaw previously, that was the moment I decided to never bet on him again.
Just a little too weird to suit me.
Pressure or business??....either way, I can't ride that horse "no more".