yearly your sbx review and swag thread

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only went for the day this year for some financial reasons but I thought I would still throw up my review since some things changed. The moved a lot of things around and I think it was for the better. They used the open space that was in the vender room to add more tables. I feel there was more venders this year for sure or they just had them better organized. The most rediculous vendor award goes to jb custom cases. The guy built a fort with like 10 foot walls isn’t he expo lol It would have been mission impossible to break into there but it saved him from carrying everything in and out tonight so bravo. Lol also everything was pool this year. Last year there was a mix of hot tubs etc to fill space I guess. The pro room was moved back to the front which I liked and dark and quiet like it should be. They moved the gambling tables out to the floor from it’s own private room. I did find out that was due to not getting enough tables. Allen requested 40 more tables and diamond just couldn’t get them there. Every event was sold out this year!! They ran 8 man mini tournaments at night with I believe a $60 entry fee. Sound like it was the same as the warm up. Pro pool may still be struggling but amateurs are thriving and the love for the game is at a high in my opinion. The food was typical overpriced and average but there are great places near by. It seems more restaurants and hotels are opening near by every year. the bathroom situation changed. The bathrooms by the front were expanded and from what I understand they will be expanding more of them because that’s been an issue in plaster years and I’m assuming with all events.

As far as what I bought ..not a lot this year. I got what I wanted except 24/7 action was there and they were sold out of all the mediums of everything I wanted :frown: so I got ..
1) used set of cyclops balls got lucky and they had some left over from the derby
2)various stickers
3) The new kamui chalk
4)the cue is a poison my wife bought for herself that is break cue but I had a tip put on it so it can be her playing cue
5)predator glove
6)2 new racks from fury.

Attachments

• 85E01154-0255-41F9-9AEA-5C1E2EF6CD17.jpg
    85E01154-0255-41F9-9AEA-5C1E2EF6CD17.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 858

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Got lucky this year...

Attachments

• 20190330_192954.jpg
    20190330_192954.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 810

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Awesome time this year and fun sweating your matches. You played real strong my friend. The guy who beat you was a 703 and you had a great shot at beating him.

Thanks a ton Koop. We gotta figure out something for our crew for meeting up more then just once a year... and make sure to bring Gren back next time. He is good people. You are a great dude and I'm glad you were there sweating it for me.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Wasn't in the market for anything this year.

Won a McDermott Jump cue and some Tiger Swag in a break and run contest from the Billiard Television booth.

The Am Open was ran well for the most part. Table times ran a bit behind on day 2 and 3 but only by about 15 mins. Every opponent I had was very polite and respectful. Had no issues there.

The Action/practice area only had 7 tables. Rumor was Diamond ran out of tables to provide or something. This lead to very long wait times to get in some action. I didn't even attempt to deal with that this year because of the so few tables.

Some nice cues from some great cuemakers in attendance and some great dealers and vendors there with everything from helpful stuff to random gimmicks.

Hit with the Mezz CF. I have a Revo but I don't use it. I prefer the shaft that was made for my cue. The Mezz hit nice though. Firing in long inside english shots on the diamond 9 footer in their booth and just aiming at the contact point.

Venue was the same as the last few years. Doesn't matter how comfortable your shoes are, that concrete floor goes right though them.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right on the money with the reason they were short tables and the floors do suck but I’m a manager at lowes so I spend every day on concrete floors so I don’t notice as much lol

Wasn't in the market for anything this year.

Won a McDermott Jump cue and some Tiger Swag in a break and run contest from the Billiard Television booth.

The Am Open was ran well for the most part. Table times ran a bit behind on day 2 and 3 but only by about 15 mins. Every opponent I had was very polite and respectful. Had no issues there.

The Action/practice area only had 7 tables. Rumor was Diamond ran out of tables to provide or something. This lead to very long wait times to get in some action. I didn't even attempt to deal with that this year because of the so few tables.

Some nice cues from some great cuemakers in attendance and some great dealers and vendors there with everything from helpful stuff to random gimmicks.

Hit with the Mezz CF. I have a Revo but I don't use it. I prefer the shaft that was made for my cue. The Mezz hit nice though. Firing in long inside english shots on the diamond 9 footer in their booth and just aiming at the contact point.

Venue was the same as the last few years. Doesn't matter how comfortable your shoes are, that concrete floor goes right though them.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Picked up an extension for my Jacoby and also had Tiger install a new Everest, but the biggest pick up was the new Paul Drexler that I ordered from Paul.

Attachments

• PFD1e.jpg
    PFD1e.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 726
  • PFD2e.jpg
    PFD2e.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 735
  • PFD3e.jpg
    PFD3e.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 728

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a ton Koop. We gotta figure out something for our crew for meeting up more then just once a year... and make sure to bring Gren back next time. He is good people. You are a great dude and I'm glad you were there sweating it for me.

No doubt, buddy. Wish you lived a little closer to make it to Snookers in Providence for our occasional get together.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody stop in John Barton's booth?
He usually has a large collection of leather cases but his year he had an overwhelming number "ruggeds: in some really wild colors and patterns.
I guess that's what everyone is looking for.

I was in the market for a 1x2 leather envelope case. He did have one but it was purple so I passed on it.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Anybody stop in John Barton's booth?
He usually has a large collection of leather cases but his year he had an overwhelming number "ruggeds: in some really wild colors and patterns.
I guess that's what everyone is looking for.

I was in the market for a 1x2 leather envelope case. He did have one but it was purple so I passed on it.

It was noticeably hotter in his booth with the traffic and walls he had for his booth.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
JB's Treehouse

His booth looked out of placed because he decided to make it like a safe. Maybe he had some things taken last year or he didn't want to stare at the ACME cases right across the way. Either way, it was stuffed with new looking Ruggeds and about 10 degrees hotter than last year.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The iCue Training Cueball

A 3D-printed chalk shaver for chalk flatness maintenance.

Be jeaolous.

Freddie <~~~ has the right place for it in the garage

Attachments

• 56D20BFC-1CE7-4C70-B324-D56EEF3E3276.jpg
    56D20BFC-1CE7-4C70-B324-D56EEF3E3276.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 476

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Got lucky this year...

Got the same check and $50 bill from Allen before I left Saturday night. Didn't want to return Sunday so I asked Allen to mail my Seniors check. Great job cashing. Tough, tough field paying only 6% of those players entered. I'll be back next April. How about you?

Lyn

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
No doubt, buddy. Wish you lived a little closer to make it to Snookers in Providence for our occasional get together.

Hey Koop, did I run into you this year? Seems everything was a blur. Didn't have one decent meal in my four days there.

Lyn

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got to watch the ''cardiac kid'' Lyn play a few matches. Damn he plays strong Always nice seeing you & watching you play Lyn. I`ll be back next year, save me a seat to watch you play. Wished I could`ve stayed longer on Saturday for your 5:30pm match.
Jeff