What do you transport/ store your Starrett Levels in?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What do you transport/ store your Starrett Levels in?

I have model 98 in these sizes: 2- 12" 1- 18" 1- 6"

Have military grade foam and case. Having all 4 recalibrated and certified. Need them back to trace them and get moving on the rest of this project!

Will post pics when done. Lets see your leveling gear??!!

TFT

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Bought the case made for it. So far only have one, might consider building a case if I had multiples.
UcKHJGH.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
3 of 4 of my levels have those boxes and i do not like them at all. they are cracking and the levels slide around in them. Will post pics soon!

TFT

Bought the case made for it. So far only have one, might consider building a case if I had multiples.
UcKHJGH.jpg

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 of 4 of my levels have those boxes and i do not like them at all. they are cracking and the levels slide around in them. Will post pics soon!

TFT

I don't travel with mine since I'm not in the business. Plano and others have decent knock-offs of Pelican cases with the pluck the out foam.

I bought mine at Bass Pro but they can be found lots of places.

Foam protection plus water tight. $25 or $30??

Edit I store mine in the wood box but when I traveled with expensive stuff, this is where I'd go if needed.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Attachments

• black-ridgid-portable-tool-boxes-222571-40_145.jpg
    black-ridgid-portable-tool-boxes-222571-40_145.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 128

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
So to get back on topic while the thread is at the top:

I had a NIGHTMARE experience with a company in Canton Michigan. I took my 4 levels there to be calibrated and certified. They literally did nothing to the levels and tried to charge me a bunch of money. I called Starrett direct and spoke with Ray who is the head of the calibration services and he personally worked on my levels. They are being shipped back to me and once I have them, I can lay out the foam and get the case ready for them! Will update again soon.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What did they do? Did they check if they read level?
They check the levels to a perfectly level table, then they also turn the table on an angle and check them again. adjust and recalibrate. Having it done to make sure all 4 read the same. Then annually send them out to be checked.

TFT