20 Position Tips from Zero-X

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched for first 15-20 minutes. A lot of good info in here. Perhaps the #1 thing that is to be learned here is.....GET ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BALL FOR YOUR NEXT SHOT!

r/DCP

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched for first 15-20 minutes. A lot of good info in here. Perhaps the #1 thing that is to be learned here is.....GET ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BALL FOR YOUR NEXT SHOT!

r/DCP

#2 thing is “just being on the right side of the ball” isn’t enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#2 thing is “just being on the right side of the ball” isn’t enough.

Its big though. Its the difference in just drifting/rolling your ball around as opposed to funny force and spin shots cause you got on the wrong side early.

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
another quality video from Tor.

It's the way he speaks and his tone of his voice. So clear and concise.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its big though. Its the difference in just drifting/rolling your ball around as opposed to funny force and spin shots cause you got on the wrong side early.

That’s what I’m saying. Being on the right side of the ball is an over simplification of Tor’s pattern advice. He demonstrates over and over how you can be on the right side and still have the wrong angle.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s what I’m saying. Being on the right side of the ball is an over simplification of Tor’s pattern advice. He demonstrates over and over how you can be on the right side and still have the wrong angle.

How's this: The "right" side is ONLY the "right" side when combined with the "right" angle. Otherwise all those"rights" quikly become wrongs." ;)

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im a 7 who isn’t ever going down but by no means a strong player and I thought it was a good video.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was kinda bummed to see Tor basically going Patreon full time...gotta pay the bills i guess. Bought all of his videos and the man sweats quality and pisses excellence. Another great video. One day I will join the Patreon so that he can tell me personally that I am a lost cause haha.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was kinda bummed to see Tor basically going Patreon full time...gotta pay the bills i guess. Bought all of his videos and the man sweats quality and pisses excellence. Another great video. One day I will join the Patreon so that he can tell me personally that I am a lost cause haha.

I joined for $3.00 a month. It's been well worth the money. :)

John

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How's this: The "right" side is ONLY the "right" side when combined with the "right" angle. Otherwise all those"rights" quikly become wrongs." ;)

I always play to land either on the right side of the ball, or on the wrong side,................ which is called a two-way shot :thumbup::thumbup:

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always play to land either on the right side of the ball, or on the wrong side,................ which is called a two-way shot :thumbup::thumbup:

That's a glass half full guy right there haha.

Tor Is amazing, i bought most of his videos for $60 bucks and it was worth every penny. Especially his videos on kicking/banking, that part of my game used to be weak but now i fear no safety. I only got to watch the first half of this video so far, but its definitely worth a watch from what i have seen so far. Playing for specific diamonds to get on specific lines it HUGE.

You wouldn't send the object ball in the general direction of the pocket, so why send the cue ball in the general direction of the general area of position you want to get? Focusing on specific points on the rail when playing position on a target line is one of the few things that will instantly up your game.

MyImmortal

Registered

I signed up for the $3 level, too, and love that Tor is using Patreon. As he has said, he prefers the platform because it's "all pool, all the time." The community is awesome and very helpful and I've never seen anybody be rude or unkind to each other, only helpful. The amount of instruction and other useful things he posts is worth far more. Also, I'm sure Tor would never tell anybody they're a "lost cause." :smile: The way he is in his videos to his '14 Days' participants is exactly how he is in person to everybody. When you see a person miss a shot on those videos, you'll hear them apologize or put themselves down sometimes, and Tor responds consistently by saying, "don't apologize, let's try again." He then works harder on helping them build their confidence by showing them they can learn to make the shot consistently.

I know he plans on releasing never before seen footage from some '14 Days' participants. Having seen some of this footage, it's amazing to see how much improvement there can be for these players, even those who only train for days as opposed to two weeks. And, in case anybody will wonder, I didn't respond because Tor's my friend, I responded because it's true. Thanks John Cummings, for posting Tor's video. I really like it when the patrons choose the videos they want Tor to make! :)

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video, but the pace made me reach for more coffee. By the time I had identified the specified balls & layout described in each situation, the action had moved on.