ROBIN DREYER...a great pool instructor

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just spent 3 days (again ) with robin dreyer in beaverton oregon..
A TREMENDOUS POOL INSTRUCTOR
his understanding of all aspects of the game is superb
and his ability to communicate is excellent
he is able to hone in on what will help you improve
from fundamentals to the highest levels of strategy in 8/9/10 ball or straight pool
he was able to answer any and all of my questions
having been an elite player he is able to demonstrate whatever he is teaching you
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
to help you get to the next level
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422
http://robindreyer.com/index.html
thank you robin for helping me improve my game....:thumbup:....:)

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
from fundamentals to the highest levels of strategy in 8/9/10 ball or straight pool
having been an elite player he is able to demonstrate whatever he is teaching you
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422

He is truly amazing! But, I'm wondering just how many pool players even take lessons? How many even know where a pool teacher even is? In all other sports, the very top players have coaches and instruction. Take Dustin Johnson, the number 1 top golfer in the world. He still goes to Butch Harmon to continue hoping to get even better. Pool players think they can do it all by themselves.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is truly amazing! But, I'm wondering just how many pool players even take lessons? How many even know where a pool teacher even is? In all other sports, the very top players have coaches and instruction. Take Dustin Johnson, the number 1 top golfer in the world. He still goes to Butch Harmon to continue hoping to get even better. Pool players think they can do it all by themselves.

I’ll bet if pool players made the same money as Dustin Johnson, they’d be hiring coaches as well.

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin's the best. Well worth flying in to get lessons. Consider yourself lucky if you ever get the chance.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Robin's the best. Well worth flying in to get lessons. Consider yourself lucky if you ever get the chance.

Why? Being the best is a pretty high flagpole to mount up on. I know guys who teach particular things considered “best” at their niches but never heard of one that just trumped everyone hands down across the board.

What’s his specialty what’s his checklist blah blah.....

“He is the best” sounds like a review for a book I ain’t never buying. If you want to sell me something I’m gonna have to know what’s being bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? Being the best is a pretty high flagpole to mount up on. I know guys who teach particular things considered “best” at their niches but never heard of one that just trumped everyone hands down across the board.

“He is the best” sounds like a review for a book I ain’t never buying. If you want to sell me something I’m gonna have to know what’s being bought.

It's just a review, I'm not trying to "sell" anything...but fair enough -

He's the best because he makes you better at pool. I know tons of his students, and I was one of them. He makes everyone better, usually a lot better.

He's a great teacher to work with because he instantly assesses you and customizes the lessons to exactly what YOU need to improve. All his lessons are very carefully thought out and documented with tons of drills he made specifically for that skill.

He doesn't waste time with where your pinky finger is or gimmicky aiming systems or crap that doesn't actually produce results.

The man knows everything about how to really play the game. I've taken lessons from others and I've read all the books and videos and watched a zillion hours of pool matches, and he's the only one that breaks it down in the right way and focuses on the right things.

Plus he's just a great teacher and gets you excited about learning. He went to school for teaching after making his living playing pool for many years (he was pro speed, still plays at a high level even though he's an older guy). He has all the top pool instructor certifications also. I think he's one of the only ACS Level 3 instructors out there.

If you're familiar with Fargo ratings, he got me about 100 points better in 18 months. If you're familiar with APA, he took my girlfriend from a 4 to an 8 in 9 ball in a year. I've seen similar results with others. I've never seen a student of his NOT get better.

If you have the chance to work with him, do it. Best advice - do exactly as he says. You'll thank me later.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
It's just a review, I'm not trying to "sell" anything...but fair enough -

He's the best because he makes you better at pool. I know tons of his students, and I was one of them. He makes everyone better, usually a lot better.

He's a great teacher to work with because he instantly assesses you and customizes the lessons to exactly what YOU need to improve. All his lessons are very carefully thought out and documented with tons of drills he made specifically for that skill.

He doesn't waste time with where your pinky finger is or gimmicky aiming systems or crap that doesn't actually produce results.

The man knows everything about how to really play the game. I've taken lessons from others and I've read all the books and videos and watched a zillion hours of pool matches, and he's the only one that breaks it down in the right way and focuses on the right things.

Plus he's just a great teacher and gets you excited about learning. He went to school for teaching after making his living playing pool for many years (he was pro speed, still plays at a high level even though he's an older guy). He has all the top pool instructor certifications also. I think he's one of the only ACS Level 3 instructors out there.

If you're familiar with Fargo ratings, he got me about 100 points better in 18 months. If you're familiar with APA, he took my girlfriend from a 4 to an 8 in 9 ball in a year. I've seen similar results with others. I've never seen a student of his NOT get better.

If you have the chance to work with him, do it. Best advice - do exactly as he says. You'll thank me later.

Now isn’t that better? Lol.

Thank you

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They won't tell.

I can only figure dreyer has better pics of these guys than Putin has of trump.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
robin dreyer
503- 848- 0422

*Blinks*

Hell, B, **I** could'a helped you and it would've been a MUCH shorter flight!!! :eek:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a lesson with Earl and he'll most likely spend 30-45 minutes on your bridge hand positioning.

But what does he know?

I can't believe that Robin can help anyone with anything that Scott Lee couldn't.

My time with Scott is still helping my game and it has been 2 years now.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get a lesson with Earl and he'll most likely spend 30-45 minutes on your bridge hand positioning.

But what does he know?

I can't believe that Robin can help anyone with anything that Scott Lee couldn't.

i guess you will never know how much more robin can do until you take a lesson with him

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

But what does he know?

i guess you will never know how much more robin can do until you take a lesson with him
btw i have taken 2 lessons with scott

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

But what does he know?

I watched Earl give a lesson. No comment.
As for Robin I'm sure he is great.
As for Scott he will show everything needed to know and will make anyone willing to practice and work hard a better player. Scott is professional and extremely organized.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Robin Dreyer use Video Analysis in his teaching..? Does he include the use of Rails (2.3 or 4 or more for position play. Does he use carom play of the object balls & the rails for position play? Does he give instruction on the Break Shot like Joe Tucker or Vernon McGee..?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But what does he know?

I would not care if earl spent half a day working on my bridge if it resulted in playing at his level lol

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I would not care if earl spent half a day working on my bridge if it resulted in playing at his level lol

its a foundation piece with alot of niche areas...and your bullseye....hell yes the bridge is that important

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
does robin dreyer use video analysis in his teaching..? Does he include the use of rails (2.3 or 4 or more for position play. Does he use carom play of the object balls & the rails for position play? Does he give instruction on the break shot like joe tucker or vernon mcgee..?

.......yes