Cushion Facings...Need Opinion on Neo 60 vs. Neo 60 Nylon infused.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Ok, I ordered some strips of Neoprene 60 and noticed they also had Neoprene 60 that was nylon infused. Figured what the heck give it a try. The nylon is woven in a diagonal checkerboard pattern in the neoprene. When i got it i noticed that the nylon infused was more stiff and harder to cut which would be great in a industrial application. I have got my rails cut to diamond specs and just got the subrail extensions done. Now ready to glue up the artemis no66 and facings. I decided to set up kind of a test to compare the neoprene. Just would like your opinions on which you would think would be better. Probably wont make a big difference but im kind of anal:eek: Here is the link to my bounce test. The sound of the cue ball hitting is very different.
https://youtu.be/C9KCIBzib-s
default.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Looks to me like the ball bounces higher with the regular 60 durometer than the infused stuff. The pockets would most likely play differently. Since no one uses the infused stuff it does not make sense to make the pockets play differently IMO.

Diamond uses the 60 durometer, as do I. Why do you think it would play better?

Trent from Toledo

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Its going on my personal table and the pockets are going to be extremely tough at about 4 1/8" on the corner pockets. I like firing balls in and figured with really tight pockets the slight reduction in bounce would be better. I know that it will be less rattle on the shelf since it is at 141, 102 and 14 degree down angle now.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Its going on my personal table and the pockets are going to be extremely tough at about 4 1/8" on the corner pockets. I like firing balls in and figured with really tight pockets the slight reduction in bounce would be better. I know that it will be lot less since it is at 141, 102 and 14 degree down angle now.

Then do it !! I think its hard enough to play on those tiny pockets, but, definitely will teach a person how to play the center of the pocket!

Trent from Toledo

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its going on my personal table and the pockets are going to be extremely tough at about 4 1/8" on the corner pockets. I like firing balls in and figured with really tight pockets the slight reduction in bounce would be better. I know that it will be less rattle on the shelf since it is at 141, 102 and 14 degree down angle now.
We have a table, redone by Ernesto Dominguez, that has 4-1/8" corners, Artemis cushions with 1/8" Neoprene facings. I can tell you that the combination of the lively, bouncy facings along with the tight pocket specs makes the table play brutally tough. We only use this table for one pocket play and as a practice table for the skilled players, but don't use it for our tournaments.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Thanks Trent...Thanks Chris. Yeah i have hit a plateau in my game for many years now. I lose focus and do not stay down on my shots like i should. For some reason im in a hurry to get to that next ball. Hopefully this will train me to focus and slow down.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the harder facings would affect how balls react when they "hit the point". They would most likely die rather that bounce off.