GC3 rail profile

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, just want to make sure I’m 100% clear on this one.

A few years back I had some k66 rails installed on my GC3. Long story short, they played like garbage. The rail nose height was 1.5”+, it played stupid slow, and generally felt as though the entire geometry of the table was slightly askew.

Figuring that the problem was the rail profile, I ordered up some new k55 Superspeeds for it. When the mechanic arrived to disassemble it, I was informed that the k66 rails I had on the table were the correct rails and profile. Needless to say, I was skeptical.

Am I incorrect in assuming that, provided there has been no subrail modification, k55 is the correct profile needed to make the table play as it should?

There are many threads regarding the correct cushions on a GC. The correct cushion is a super speed K55. However my understanding is that you can’t just replace with any ordinary K55 profile without a sub rail modification. Do a search in the forums and you will find lengthy discussions regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If you called Brunswick they would surely tell you to use Superspeeds!

The person you hired has no idea what they are doing. To stay focused on the issue of who you hired and save you more headaches, think about this: if he does not know what cushions to use, he most likely does not know how to install them correctly, cut the angles or do proper pocket facing work. I would try and find someone else. Good luck to you!

Trent from Toledo

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cushions

Ppl can get confused, Brunswick has their own cushion which they call no66 which is basically k55, just like the Artemis intercontinental no66 which is basically k55 profile.
The best way is to measure the back of the cushion.
1-1/4 is k55, 1-1/8 is k-66.

Rob.M