Cole's Caroom Room legit $10K money added.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$150/entry 96 players = $14,400

$14.4K + 10K money added = $24,400 in payouts.

I've seen some of the other tournaments in which for instance would claim $5K money added, but none of that would show up in the payouts. 300 would go towards printing flyers, 1,000 go towards 4 days of hotel stay for 3 employees, 200 in food, 500 in wages, etc etc...

At the Caroom Room tournament, the advertised $10K money added, all showed up in money prize payouts to the players!

I'm actually very amazed that they were able to accomplish the $10K money added portion. Thats not small change for the room owner and sponsors to come up with.

It would certainly be nice to see more tournaments like this for the players. An affordable $150 entry with a solid payout structure.

attachment.php

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Carom Room is for the players. I think it helps that the owner is well accomplished and high level himself...honestly feels like he's doing things the way he wished they were done. Major kudos!

Eagles89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
carom room

$150/entry 96 players = $14,400

$14.4K + 10K money added = $24,400 in payouts.

I've seen some of the other tournaments in which for instance would claim $5K money added, but none of that would show up in the payouts. 300 would go towards printing flyers, 1,000 go towards 4 days of hotel stay for 3 employees, 200 in food, 500 in wages, etc etc...

At the Caroom Room tournament, the advertised $10K money added, all showed up in money prize payouts to the players!

I'm actually very amazed that they were able to accomplish the $10K money added portion. Thats not small change for the room owner and sponsors to come up with.

It would certainly be nice to see more tournaments like this for the players. An affordable $150 entry with a solid payout structure.

attachment.php
Dave is a great poolroom owner.he is for the player he keep his pool room up.its clean the tables are kap up.so if you every get a chance come to the carom room to play.he has monthly tournaments starting up to.he as a open and close tournaments.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave runs a top notch room and tournament! I try to get to 5 or 6 of his yearly scheduled tourneys.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave , Duane & Carlos do everything right when it comes to running a tournament. I try to make a few tournaments a season. Don't know if I'll make any this year, kind of on the mend. There always are NM tourneys that fill totally. The open tourneys usually get about 40-50 players. Dave tries to keep things going and add new ideas to mix it up. And this time I saw in the flier that this season Jump cues won't be allowed.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's great, if they can actually afford it. It's a self-destructive trend in pool to expect those who put on tournaments to lose a ton of money every time they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane Tuula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the calcutta payout schedule

Attachments

• CaromRoomFallClassic2015Calcutta.jpg
    CaromRoomFallClassic2015Calcutta.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 440

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spoke with Dave the owner when I was there to watch the 2k entry tourney few months ago,,, He very friendly and runs a great place.....
Seating was an issue with so many people trying to watch the excellent matches. (which I was expecting).
3C table needed recovered.

Those minor things do not take away from the A rating. I wish more pool rooms were that caliber,,, and closer to me.

The Friday prime rib sandwich is killer,,,, with some Swiss cheese, it was better than any prime rib steak I've had.

Great job Dave and Duane for keeping great tourneys going!