Diamond versus Brunswick

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It's nothing compared to Glenn's glue revenue, but it just might be crazy enough to work!

49385070_949801058563256_1993399772110651392_n.jpg

Diamond is using it on all their tables!

SO AM I. Just got these 2 gallons delivered today!

Finally, a way to pay him back for the hundreds of hours on the phone! Switching from staples to adhesive on ALL commercial tables and not just Diamonds.
Much respect to Glen for GOING FOR IT AN MAKING IT HAPPEN!!!!!

Trent from Toledo

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
So 1% of their revenue was 50 Million! That's my magic number for saving pool, ha ha. :thumbup:

This figure is meaningless without knowing the associated production costs. I've no real interest in the answer though. Having a market with multiple options befefits consumers for sure. The only three options for serious pool players right now are the GC, the diamond pro, and the diamond pro am.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people not consider the Rasson and Gabriel to be an option for serious pool players?

Thank you,

C&A :smile:
Rasson's are still pretty new to the scene and Gabriels are just hard to get. Diamonds and GC are just the default tables, at least in the U.S. In Europe you see a lot of Dynamics which are a Chinese GC clone. You live in Canada? Do you see very many Black Crowns? Pretty popular table up there.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Why are Rasson and Gabriel not considered to be an option for serious pool players?

Thank you,

Should have mentioned that those three are the only options for US based players. When I shopped around for my table, I looked at the GC, Diamond Pro/pro am, and Gabriels. I gave up pretty quickly on the Gabriels option having failed to find anywhere to get one, nor could I even find anyone in the industry to even talk to about one. Maybe the situation is different now???

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I've also heard decent things about Kim Steel pool tables. I played on a couple over the years, but never found an dealer for those in the US either.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've also heard decent things about Kim Steel pool tables. I played on a couple over the years, but never found an dealer for those in the US either.

They had em in Denver at Shakespears. Nothing special, allot of metal everywhere. They didn't play ''right''.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

They had em in Denver at Shakespears. Nothing special, allot of metal everywhere. They didn't play ''right''.

I tested a Kim Steel in the late 90s in Baltimore for a friend...he was thinking of putting
2 in his room up here ‘cause nobody else had them.
...it was springtime so the room played a little damp.
..the standard three rail kick played almost two diamonds short......
...I told him not to buy....I think the rail height was too low.

Chalk & Awe

Registered
You live in Canada? Do you see very many Black Crowns? Pretty popular table up there.

Dooly's uses Black Crown. When I was young there were many pool halls in my city; now many have closed. What is the status of pool in North America is it increasing or decreasing in popularity? I know golf and bowling are on the decline, Millennials are not interested in them.

C&A :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are Rasson and Gabriel not considered to be an option for serious pool players?

Thank you,

Have you ever played on Rasson or Gabriel table?

To me, Gabriel table play pretty good when set up correctly. Then again, almost any table can play good if set up correctly.

On the other hand, Rasson tables ....IMO..... are like a lot of tables and still have design flaws.

To me, the biggest Rasson flaw is the way the pockets accept badly hit balls even at greater than pocket speeds. Lots of people think it's just their corner pockets....nope, their side pockets do the same. They play extremely easy compared to most any properly set up diamond or GC.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dooly's uses Black Crown. When I was young there were many pool halls in my city; now many have closed. What is the status of pool in North America is it increasing or decreasing in popularity? I know golf and bowling are on the decline, Millennials are not interested in them.

C&A :)

Very nice place!!!

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wow, that is nice, gotta be 10,000', spared no expense. like the spell out also, telling
what's playing on given night. Ottawa? I'm guessing 1/2 million... population?
Thanks for the link

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hmm ... did you look at the pictures Brunswick themselves use for advertising their brand new GC VI? One should assume that Brunswick knows how to set up their own tables - more so in an ad for an extremely expensive table? I have added some arrows so you can see what I mean ...

There are situations - as all of us know - where you have to lean far into the table and normally you worry about making the ball, getting position and so on. You should not have to worry that your pants get caught on sharp metal edges, IMHO. In the above picture you can clearly see that chances are great that they will tear sooner or later with that kind of assembly - by Brunswick.

I don't really think that a table for 10 grand MSRP should need extra work on metal parts like anodizing etc. - either. Now, I don't know if the discoloring of clothing still happens with the GC VI. It did happen with the old ones, though. While we normally don't wear white pants for playing pool, white t-shirts are quite common. The difference between chalk residue and metal staining used to be that the chalk marks were no problems with a decent washing machine. This is not my main complaint, though. However, torn clothes should be a thing of a distant past.

Here is a room with 9' 9' GC3's that will not leave anything on your clothes or tear them!!!

MissCue South in Toledo.

9- 9' GC3's completely restored. The tables were installed brand new in 1991. They came out awesome. All of them look and play the same. I worked very hard to make sure that everything is very consistent.

Here's what went down:

Silver Vein Powder Coating on all metal trim, Strip/sand refinished all wood in Red Mahogany & clear satin poly. New Superspeed Cushions with corners at 141 and sides 102. 3/16" 60 durometer Neoprene pocket facings. It is a recreational room so the pockets are generous 4" 7/8" corners and 5" 3/8" sides. Championship Mercury Ultra Woven, New gully return boots.

If any of you are ever in Toledo or coming through, get in touch and lets shoot some racks!

Trent from Toledo

49834094_950424251834270_4275675106065252352_n.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a room with 9' 9' GC3's that will not leave anything on your clothes or tear them!!!

MissCue South in Toledo.

9- 9' GC3's completely restored. The tables were installed brand new in 1991. They came out awesome. All of them look and play the same. I worked very hard to make sure that everything is very consistent.

Here's what went down:

Silver Vein Powder Coating on all metal trim, Strip/sand refinished all wood in Red Mahogany & clear satin poly. New Superspeed Cushions with corners at 141 and sides 102. 3/16" 60 durometer Neoprene pocket facings. It is a recreational room so the pockets are generous 4" 7/8" corners and 5" 3/8" sides. Championship Mercury Ultra Woven, New gully return boots.

If any of you are ever in Toledo or coming through, get in touch and lets shoot some racks!

Trent from Toledo

49834094_950424251834270_4275675106065252352_n.jpg

Those are nice boxes! :thumbup2:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

MissCue South in Toledo.

Here's what went down:

Trent from Toledo

Damn, they turned out nice.
4 7/8? I might even make a ball or two on those .

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not sure where you get your information, but Klematch is NOT owned by Saluc. It is owned by the Japanese company Sumitomo Riko Group which took over the Anvis group in 2013.

I do stand corrected on my assumption: Simonis is the US Distributor for Klematch! Been wrong before and will be again :)

Trent from Toledo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tested a Kim Steel in the late 90s in Baltimore for a friend...he was thinking of putting
2 in his room up here ‘cause nobody else had them.
...it was springtime so the room played a little damp.
..the standard three rail kick played almost two diamonds short......
...I told him not to buy....I think the rail height was too low.

They had kim steel tables in the Roanoke, va room and I thought they played very well, though th pockets were pretty large, iirc. Easy-e could probably offer more on those.

Might even find some forum members playing on them, up in hrrrrre:
http://store.accu-stats.com/search....=ON&price_from=&price_to=&featured=&shipping=