ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
3333a2efeb4a486e3c9f5297a45bd0b8.jpg

Perfect!!!!

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
How about 8 balls of the same color, and one ball with a stripe? For those who can't play shape.

A ball with red dots for the CB.. just to watch the spin off the rails. A simple game for simpletons.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
How about this?

1 ball - yellow
2 ball - blue
3 ball - red
4 ball - purple
5 ball - orange
6 ball - green
7 ball - maroon
8 ball - black
9 ball - white with yellow stripe

Great idea!

pj
chgo

You really are a renegade; with your radical suggestions, and all.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, I’m pretty sure you’re a Canuck....you spell coloUr with a ‘u’...

pt.....thinking of emigrating to Tierra del Fuega

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellows,

Remember, just tossing this topic out for discussion purposes, not trying to make everyone upset :) Here is C&A philosophy on creating a separate set of pool balls for 9-ball.

1. Change in pool is good, because change means progress;

2. Change in pool is good, because it keeps things interesting;

3. Change in pool is inevitable;

4. We can control the change in 9-ball;

5. Change is good, because it allows us to experience pool more fully;

6. Change helps the game of pool to grow and reach its potential;

- snip -

Change is good only when it improves something.

What does changing colors or ball sets do exactly? What in any of your points will changing the colors do? Have you asked some players why they don't play pool and has anyone ever said "I don't like the colors"? You think the the reason they don't play more or follow the pro players or events is the colors of he balls? LOL In the 30 years I have been playing, never have I thought or heard that the reason there are not more players playing pool is because the ball colors are not as nice as they want them to be.

The only thing that playing with the ball colors has ever done, in any set that has done it, is annoy the existing players that are used to the colors. Changing colors on the balls will not bring a single new player to the game, and is a negative for others or at best neutral. What have we heard whenever someone puts out a new ball set? Has anyone outside of the sponsors or announces have said "wow so much better than the old set!"? Hell no, not even close. People that play want the same sets as the old sets, and those that don't play won't know any difference since their issues is that they can't hit the cueball properly or make more than one ball at a time in the right pocket. You meet a guy with no arms and then say the reason he can't play baseball is because the gloves are not multi-colored or the baseball is this boring white, there are much more important and obvious reasons for him not playing baseball.

So you waste time and money on making new ball sets and you have one of two results, it does not matter and people deal with it, or people think it's stupid and complain and continue using their old set. In my mind that is a waste of effort.

While some change may help, it's not with changing the ball colors or making up new types of sets. Look at bonus ball, new game, new ball set, lasted a few sessions with the only people even knowing about it being the same core pool players that were already interested in the sport. Go ask some local bar players or random people what bonus ball is, that will show you that getting people playing better pool and caring about the pro game has nothing to do with the actual rules or equipment of the game, not one bit. The reason people don't play pool or follow the pros is the don't understand the game. It looks easy on TV so it's boring to watch unless you know what the shots are, and it's very hard when you actually play, so a lot of people don't try to learn it so they don't understand what is going on when the good players play. Which is funny since they are both opposite ideas and both cause issues.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

With 9-ball's growing popularity I think it is time to give the game their own distinctive set of pool balls. Instead of using the standard pool balls for 9-ball, I suggest that we create a separate set of balls for 9-ball. I think the 9-ball should be black and the other balls a solid bright colour with a number. The colours must be bright and colourful to attract more amateurs to the game :)

Anyone else agree with this? Strange that it has not happened yet!

Thank you,

C&A
What a great idea for Poolroom owners / managers! Now, instead of having to keep 10 sets/trays of pool balls on hand for our 10 tables, we’ll need to keep 20 trays of balls on hand, which means not only will we have to purchase 10 more sets, but we’ll have to clean/polish all 20 sets on a regular basis!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Lol I don’t feel like looking through the original poster’s posts to ascertain his possible sincerity here but I’m guessing he’s using the recent Black set / matchroom’s comments about change as inspiration for a sarcastic troll, which is only slightly more humorous than dissecting selfsame troll.