Need advice and help about refinish and cuemaker work.

damiano

Registered
Thanks everyone for help and advice.
I’m not sure why I brought this here. I think that I felt powerless. This is my first post and I want to hear some opinions. I never had a cue refinish or build for me. I’m totally new to this cuemakers world. I do not know anything about the time needed to make some repairs. This was the first time I sent the cue for repair. At the beginning this cumeker was amazing. He was very educating and kind. He always replied to my text shortly. He treated me as a one million dollar customer. This work is supposed to be only a couple hundred $. I thought that his customer service was outstanding.
He received cue at the end of September and was supposed to provide a more accurate quote for refinish or repair. Last message from him was on October 7 with apologies and a message that we should get started with work the next day. Never happened! Since then I text him and call him on any update almost every week without success. No single reply from him until today. I totally agree with other members that this is a lack of respect or something happened to him. I’m probably 1000 mile away and I cannot just go to his shop and check on him. If I cannot contact him shortly I will post his name here.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for help and advice.
I’m not sure why I brought this here. I think that I felt powerless. This is my first post and I want to hear some opinions. I never had a cue refinish or build for me. I’m totally new to this cuemakers world. I do not know anything about the time needed to make some repairs. This was the first time I sent the cue for repair. At the beginning this cumeker was amazing. He was very educating and kind. He always replied to my text shortly. He treated me as a one million dollar customer. This work is supposed to be only a couple hundred $. I thought that his customer service was outstanding.
He received cue at the end of September and was supposed to provide a more accurate quote for refinish or repair. Last message from him was on October 7 with apologies and a message that we should get started with work the next day. Never happened! Since then I text him and call him on any update almost every week without success. No single reply from him until today. I totally agree with other members that this is a lack of respect or something happened to him. I’m probably 1000 mile away and I cannot just go to his shop and check on him. If I cannot contact him shortly I will post his name here.

So he did reply to you today?

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Pardon me but this it total BS, most businesses live or die on reputation, quality of work, fair pricing. Give me a Break how long does it take to communicate with your customer. Send them an update, post card or V e-mail, tell them you have a problem, and will be delayed.

Then do as you promised, or just do nothing and piss off the customer. Don't like working 70- 90 Hours a week to keep you business in Black Ink, customers happy, getting new customers.

Then you an EW, or TZ formor Cuemakers on this Fourm back working at Wal-Mart as Cart pushers, or something.

"cue maker time" is a standing joke. Its a JOKE please dont take it so seriously.

And BTW when I work to make money ... I am a Nuclear Controls Engineer ...
dont that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
Then I spend it all making cues and pens.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"cue maker time" is a standing joke. Its a JOKE please dont take it so seriously.

And BTW when I work to make money ... I am a Nuclear Controls Engineer ...
dont that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
Then I spend it all making cues and pens.

So can we call you Homer.. :grin:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member

And BTW when I work to make money ... I am a Nuclear Controls Engineer ... .

Will,
I always thought you had a glowing personality - now I know how you got it!
:thumbup:
Gary