Break

Bigshot

Registered
Is it possible to make a ball consistantly on a 9 ft table playing 10 ball if your break speed is under 20 mph?

Last edited:

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just watched a 2015 AccuStats match between Appleton and VanBoening. They both were making the second ball in the side pocket consistently. Can’t say their break speed was less than 20 but it wasn’t excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible to make a ball consistantly on a 9 ft table playing 10 ball if your break speed is under 20 mph?
It is but you better hit the rack FLUSH to do it. Speed is always nice but square hit is just as if not more important.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Buy Joe Tuckers "Racking Secrets", he has 2 discs out. Joe will teach you how to read the rack, and use that knowledge to your advantage.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a pro, yes. Watch Corey Deuel in TAR 1 vs Shane. He was soft breaking 10 ball and had a pretty good percentage of making one ball (but couldn't get out enough to beat Shane...).

Shane on the other hand was smashing them, and routinely making 3-4 balls.

<===== Not a pro, can't make a ball in 9 ball:)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy Joe Tuckers "Racking Secrets", he has 2 discs out. Joe will teach you how to read the rack, and use that knowledge to your advantage.
Since you don't take pm's here's a public one: I did NOT know that j. lion dude had a problem. You scolding everybody that's replied to his posts or just me??

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you don't take pm's here's a public one: I did NOT know that j. lion dude had a problem. You scolding everybody that's replied to his posts or just me??

Sending you a pm and added you to my contacts so you could reply, I thought you were already on the list.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So yall aren't dating anymore right?

I think there may have been a post from that cat's parent on here informing readers he was a person who gets ultra deep into things and to be aware of it. It is obviously a part of him that is known to them.

He's clearly been bitten by the same damn bug that bit us.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Of course, hitting at a medium speed is actually the ideal speed to make a ball in 10 ball. Even at a crappy level I play at with no real practice on the break I can make or come close to making the second row of balls in the side most breaks. A lot of the breaks would actually pocket a ball but the corner balls go 2 rails and knock the ball away from the pocket.