DigiCue & SBE

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the things I was excited for when going at the expo is to see and try the digicue blue in action. OB Cue's booth was nowhere to be found and didn't get to try it. You would think something like this would be showing there...:confused:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the things I was excited for when going at the expo is to see and try the digicue blue in action. OB Cue's booth was nowhere to be found and didn't get to try it. You would think something like this would be showing there...:confused:

It was there last year. The had several people trying it out including some of the pros'

bpp&d

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was planning to go to check out the DigiCue (among other things) also. When I didn't see OB on the exhibitor list on the SBE website, I emailed them to see if they were going this year. Unfortunately, the reply was "no".

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was there last year. The had several people trying it out including some of the pros'

Man they should have taken videos of that and posted on FB or Youtube! I would think that's a no brainer and CHEAP marketing... Missed opportunities can be costly. I been interested on it, but I need to try one to know for sure if its for my team and myself.

I was planning to go to check out the DigiCue (among other things) also. When I didn't see OB on the exhibitor list on the SBE website, I emailed them to see if they were going this year. Unfortunately, the reply was "no".

Did they say why? I notice some of the vendors from prior years where missing. Only Kamui booth had one to try, but it was not the Blue with phone app so I didn't even bother with it.

DigiCue Blue and REVO where the two things I wanted to check out the most at SBE, was a little disappointed no to see OB cues there as I been thinking of getting one of their shafts in the past. On another note tried the REVO and really liked it, but not pulling trigger yet. I will wait another year.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man they should have taken videos of that and posted on FB or Youtube! I would think that's a no brainer and CHEAP marketing... Missed opportunities can be costly. I been interested on it, but I need to try one to know for sure if its for my team and myself.

Did they say why? I notice some of the vendors from prior years where missing. Only Kamui booth had one to try, but it was not the Blue with phone app so I didn't even bother with it.

DigiCue Blue and REVO where the two things I wanted to check out the most at SBE, was a little disappointed no to see OB cues there as I been thinking of getting one of their shafts in the past. On another note tried the REVO and really liked it, but not pulling trigger yet. I will wait another year.

They did.. They Facebook Lived Shaw who is now sponsored by Digicue Blue doing their challenge. They had a light up next to the wall and the goal was to shoot and not get the light to come on.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did.. They Facebook Lived Shaw who is now sponsored by Digicue Blue doing their challenge. They had a light up next to the wall and the goal was to shoot and not get the light to come on.

hmmm, I will search youtube again. Hopefully it was the DigiCue blue :)

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Sorry we couldn't make it this year. We are waist deep in back orders right now. We have an obligation to existing customers how have ordered a product and not received it yet so we choose to not attend this year to work on getting production caught up. We are also doing quite a bit of R&D right now as we are working on some new products :)

I fully expect us to be back at SBE next year.

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What would it take for a Digicue or other such device to map-out were the tip is contacting the cue ball?

Interested in where you're contacting the cue ball? Another such device is the QMD3 (www.cue-md.com). The free software includes sample shots to give you a closer look at all the features/metric. Links to the software (iOS and Android) on the downloads page of the web site, or search the app stores for QMD3.

Attachments

• Impact Distribution Metric 840x440.png
    Impact Distribution Metric 840x440.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 231

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry we couldn't make it this year. We are waist deep in back orders right now. We have an obligation to existing customers how have ordered a product and not received it yet so we choose to not attend this year to work on getting production caught up. We are also doing quite a bit of R&D right now as we are working on some new products :)

thanks Shane.., We appreciate your commitment.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here you are:

Jayson Shaw using the DigiCue with remote auxiliary indicator light at SBE 2017

https://www.facebook.com/obcues/videos/1503294649682134/

Awesome I will check it out when I get home, thanks!

Glad to hear this, was looking for you guys all over the place lol.

Interested in where you're contacting the cue ball? Another such device is the QMD3 (www.cue-md.com). The free software includes sample shots to give you a closer look at all the features/metric. Links to the software (iOS and Android) on the downloads page of the web site, or search the app stores for QMD3.

Interesting...

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would it take for a Digicue or other such device to map-out were the tip is contacting the cueball?

The DigiCue and DigiCue BLUE measure tip deviation from your set point. Most shots in cue sports require some type of spin, and it can't be assumed that your set point is center ball. The interest is in how far away your tip landed from your "intended" target, which is what DigiCue tells you. Further, it would be very difficult to do this accurately with dead reckoning only. You can get a rough estimate if you were to set your tip at center ball before each forward stroke (players don't ever do this), but without some sort of physical reference plane to the projected face of the cue ball, you can't really map it well. The best solution is going to be some sort of combination of an AHRS and a camera system that can measure position and all of the derivitaves simultaneously. Further, there is also the issue of where the center of your vision lies related to your dominant eye. Fortunately this offset don't change much for the player, but is different for all players, and is another variable to take into consideration.

So in summary, deviation from your set point / intended target is a more valuable measurement than deviations assuming every shot is a center ball hit.