My Home Room- Dot's Cue Club in Rocky Mount, NC

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The owners my home room have been busy during the shutdown. Patching and painting throughout, new carpet throughout, all of the tables serviced and recovered. I'm looking forward to getting back in there.

I'd like to throw out a big Thank You to management and the owners.

Keith

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The owners my home room have been busy during the shutdown. Patching and painting throughout, new carpet throughout, all of the tables serviced and recovered. I'm looking forward to getting back in there.

I'd like to throw out a big Thank You to management and the owners.

Keith

That's awesome. I hope they continue to serve their customers through this crisis.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My homeroom here in Wilmington, NC (Rack'm) also took this time to make some changes and "spruce" the place up. So far it looks really good, can't wait to get in their to play.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
336- They're waiting on the word from the Governor to open the doors.

BB- Yes it is, plenty of history as well. Good times that have been had and will soon be having again.

Keith

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
What's it looking like for Memorial Day? I'm headed down to Wilmington for the holiday, wondering if I should pack my cue?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's it looking like for Memorial Day? I'm headed down to Wilmington for the holiday, wondering if I should pack my cue?

Probably not open for Memorial Day seeing as every state are strategically picking the dates. They locked down parks for Mother's Day so I expect some sort of lock down past Memorial Day.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The State Executive Branch is saying 22May. If that doesn't get pushed out further, we'll be there to greet you. Ask for Keith when you come in. I'll PM you my number.

Keith

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not open for Memorial Day seeing as every state are strategically picking the dates. They locked down parks for Mother's Day so I expect some sort of lock down past Memorial Day.

You Sir, are kindly invited to leave this thread. This thread was started by me to brag about my home room and the management/owners. There's plenty of misinformation being spread around about plenty of things right now. I feel that there are plenty of other places that kind of stuff can be deposited other than in this thread.

With that being said, you are more than welcome to swing by one day if you'd like and I'll do my best to make it a pleasant experience.

Sincerely,
Keith

TravisJason

Registered
My homeroom here in Wilmington, NC (Rack'm) also took this time to make some changes and "spruce" the place up. So far it looks really good, can't wait to get in their to play.
Rack'm is where I learned to play pool, thirty some years ago. I have a ton of memories from that place. Glad to hear it's still alive and kickin

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Optimism Sir, optimism.BTW, your area is still on my list of places to visit/play, at both rooms.

Keith

There are three pool rooms in Wilmington. Rack'M, Breaktime and Ortons. All three are worth a visit for different reasons.

Honorable mention to Tavern 14 as well, they have great food and a couple of 7ft diamonds and Valley tables.

Last edited:

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack'm is where I learned to play pool, thirty some years ago. I have a ton of memories from that place. Glad to hear it's still alive and kickin

Its still alive and kicking. They got new owners a couple years ago and they upgraded the tables in front of the bar to 7ft diamonds and left the old school 9ft Gold Crowns and 9ft Diamond tables behind the bar. You get the best of both worlds. They had a really nice in house league going on Wednesday night with 30 - 40 people in it before this Covid thing cause all this havoc.

I just started going there about a year ago and have made a LOT of really good friends there.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Its still alive and kicking. They got new owners a couple years ago and they upgraded the tables in front of the bar to 7ft diamonds and left the old school 9ft Gold Crowns and 9ft Diamond tables behind the bar. You get the best of both worlds. They had a really nice in house league going on Wednesday night with 30 - 40 people in it before this Covid thing cause all this havoc.

I just started going there about a year ago and have made a LOT of really good friends there.

Were they still doing the Friday 8 ball tourney and Saturday 9 Ball tourney?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are three pool rooms in Wilmington. Rack'M, Breaktime and Ortons. All three are worth a visit for different reasons.

Honorable mention to Tavern 14 as well, they have great food and a couple of 7ft diamonds and Valley tables.

Orton's has had my interest for a while due to their longevity. I wasn't aware of Rack'M.

Keith

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are doing the 8-ball on Friday nights. I was never able to make it because I have other social commitments on Friday nights.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After missing a Memorial Weekend opening due to the Governor punting, it looks like Dot's Cue Club will be opening this Friday, 5Jun20.

Keith

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After missing a Memorial Weekend opening due to the Governor punting, it looks like Dot's Cue Club will be opening this Friday, 5Jun20.

Keith

That would be nice, but I don't think the Governor is considering any more phases until June 26th. I hope they go rouge and defy this current nonsense of our Governor playing favorites and picking and choosing which venues can be open.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There ain't nothing finer than pool in the Carolinas.

I'm pretty sure I've been to Dot's. . If it's the same place I'm thinking, you have to drive up a huge mountain to get there.

There used to be a place in Winston-Salem that I loved. It had 3 tables. The front table was the action table. Anybody could join in for whatever they were playing. When a game was finished, the winner/breaker would yell "Rack," and a boy would come up and rack 'em. He'd usually get tipped a quarter. He wore an apron. The place had one bathroom up these stairs, and you could see people's feet in the bathroom stall. Very odd.

The old Baker's in Greensboro was also a road player's stop. Action Jackson.

Those were the good ol' days.