chalk color

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just recovered with simonis 860 camel. Using silver cup tan chalk. Does anyone have a chalk that is a better match for the camel color? I am color blind and I have a hard time comparing the colors.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just recovered with simonis 860 camel. Using silver cup tan chalk. Does anyone have a chalk that is a better match for the camel color? I am color blind and I have a hard time comparing the colors.

OB makes a nice chalk that could match your cloth pretty well (link below). Of course, I could be wrong. I don't know many people that use tan cloth but OB keeps adding tan chalk to our shipments whenever we order anything.

https://www.seyberts.com/ob-tan-chalk

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Traditionally, cloth was always green, but chalk was always blue. I assume so you could see where it was and then clean it off, but close enough color to dark green so it wasn’t overly distracting if not cleaned up regularly (?). If so, then wouldn’t the same principle still apply to today’s garish cloth color fashions?

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Traditionally, cloth was always green, but chalk was always blue. I assume so you could see where it was and then clean it off, but close enough color to dark green so it wasn’t overly distracting if not cleaned up regularly (?). If so, then wouldn’t the same principle still apply to today’s garish cloth color fashions?

If you use simonis cloth cleaner static electric, no need to
see it. They work great

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Master makes a nice tan that blends well with your color

I agree with Darryl, I had the Camel Simonis cloth for a few years and used pre-flag master tan (they may call it gold?) and it blended very well. It won't make any difference if it's pre-flag vs flag as far as the color goes.

best,
brian kc

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I agree with Darryl, I had the Camel Simonis cloth for a few years and used pre-flag master tan (they may call it gold?) and it blended very well. It won't make any difference if it's pre-flag vs flag as far as the color goes.

best,
brian kc

Pre-flag?
You mean the chalk was British?
:scratchhead:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The old Kamui chalks was avaialable in tan. It wouldn't surprise me if Roku becomes available in tan colour.
Taom chalk is available in gray/white that might be another solution?