《☆》 Help! Schon ID and value... 《☆》

breakandrun

3 Stars and a Sun
Silver Member
Hi! My co-player in the league wants to sell his cue. I can't find what model it is. Looks like an older one. Maybe runded era? Shaft insert has somewhat black sleeve. Butt 29 in 15.23, shaft 12mm, ivory ferrules, 29.75 in. Also he wants to know the value. Play damn good by the way. Thanks in advance.

uploadfromtaptalk1426272193450.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426272212633.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426272237582.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426272256097.jpg

Last edited:

breakandrun

3 Stars and a Sun
Silver Member
So far looks like SR 7. Thanks herewego. Shaft has no schon logo, insert like with black sleeve. What's the value? Thanks.

Last edited:

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a SR-7. The floating diamond is smaller in the SL-21. Value depends on condition as well as shafts etc. With a shaft that small does hurt its value some. But in this market IMO it's value depends on shafts,condition etc but I'd say between $500-$650. It's a very tough market and there are so many cues for sale they all kinda of fall into that price range. But it's real value is what someone is willing to pay. With this being said this is my opinion for what it's worth. It's a great cue I play with a custom SR-7 and love it. Here's a few picture's of my SR-7 & SL-21 customs. These are both one of a kind special ordered in gray stain also a few changes.

Attachments

• schon sr-7 gray inlays.jpg
    schon sr-7 gray inlays.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 562
  • schon sr-7 gray butt.jpg
    schon sr-7 gray butt.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 578
  • schon sr-7 gray full.jpg
    schon sr-7 gray full.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It is a SR-7. The floating diamond is smaller in the SL-21. Value depends on condition as well as shafts etc. With a shaft that small does hurt its value some. But in this market IMO it's value depends on shafts,condition etc but I'd say between $500-$650. It's a very tough market and there are so many cues for sale they all kinda of fall into that price range. But it's real value is what someone is willing to pay. With this being said this is my opinion for what it's worth. It's a great cue I play with a custom SR-7 and love it. Here's a few picture's of my SR-7 & SL-21 customs. These are both one of a kind special ordered in gray stain also a few changes.

Probably more like 400, it is too-CNC heavy with a small shift in a flooded market.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way

Probably more like 400, it is too-CNC heavy with a small shift in a flooded market.

No way it's worth almost double what you said. 400 for a Runde era schon loaded with ivory. I wouldn't sell it for less than 650-700. If it didn't bring that I would keep it them older schons out play most custom cue. All older schons play great.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way it's worth almost double what you said. 400 for a Runde era schon loaded with ivory. I wouldn't sell it for less than 650-700. If it didn't bring that I would keep it them older schons out play most custom cue. All older schons play great.

How is this a Runde schon?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is this a Runde schon?

Runde there was until 93. People consider all sharp point Schon's with stitch rings Runde era, sad to say, but you can order stitch rings and sharp points(on some models) now.

82-85 sharp points and stitch rings(nickel rings considered an upgrade)
85-87 sharp points and nickel rings(standard)
87-92 CNC with nickel rings
93 Runde leaves

Really, non cored Schon cues should be considered Runde era as that is the main feature change. CNC points allows consistency of hit, it's always maple with pocket inlays.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Agree for the most part

Runde there was until 93. People consider all sharp point Schon's with stitch rings Runde era, sad to say, but you can order stitch rings and sharp points(on some models) now.

82-85 sharp points and stitch rings(nickel rings considered an upgrade)
85-87 sharp points and nickel rings(standard)
87-92 CNC with nickel rings
93 Runde leaves

Really, non cored Schon cues should be considered Runde era as that is the main feature change. CNC points allows consistency of hit, it's always maple with pocket inlays.

Agree with all of this based on my personal research talking with both Bob and Evan, however I don't think you are gonna get any sharp points made now, stitch rings are still available.