Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Ugly sneaky starter cue for someone
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Anyone else? Going to be a shallow pool

Snowflakes in Hawaii meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
This may sound smug on my part

Old
  (#17)
Albatross Cues
AzB Silver Member
Albatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2016, 06:25 PM

Aloha

Just a story for you.

I'm down at the Palace waiting for the tournament to get started, watching the players practice. When I see this strapping young fellow shooting across the room. Not playing great but the cue he is holding is a fine piece of work. I knew right away what it was. About twenty minutes goes by and the fellow is setting up on the rail, so a meander over and ask if I could take a look at his cue.

We get to talking and I'm foundling this cue like a teenager in the back of a limo after prom. He can tell by the look in my eye that I really don't want to hand it back.

"So I just have to ask, would you take $1200 cash right now for this cue?" I said in my best schmoozing voice.

He just looks at me as if I had two heads "There's no way I can sell you that cue."
"I still gotta play in the tournament!".

"Ok I understand, but I would really like this cue, let me know if you change your mind." As I reluctantly handed the cue back to him.

Later that night after the tournament, I'm playing snooker on one of the 6x12s when here comes this guy with the downest look I have ever seen on a human, you want to talk about hat in hand, this guy had it.

"Do you still want to buy my cue?" He says softly over the dim of the music and clacking balls.

"Sure, I would love to buy it, but I will only give you $900 for it now, take it or leave it."

With his tail between his legs he gently pulls out the cue and hands it to me. Come to find out he got involved with a poker game after the tournament and lost his ass. He said his wife was going to kill him and he needed the money.

I walked out that night felling like a million dollars with my new to me Schon limited that was well worth over $2000. Later sold the cue for $2500 and never looked back. If there is a person in need it would definetly be that guy.

Aloha

Old
  (#18)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2016, 09:07 PM

a friend who is a baseball player recently fell into a giant pile of bread dough. no way can he get out. as the machine keeps going round and round and kneading the dough.
the pool stick can be used to jam the machine so he can crawl out.

so my story fits your requirements. namely "a player who is in knead, of a cue".
spelling not listed as a required condition.

Old
  (#19)
sixwillwin
King of the Meadow
sixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond reputesixwillwin has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2016, 09:25 PM

Not much of a story but here goes. My 21 yr old son is in college, paying his own way, with me buying his books each semester. He wants to play on our APA league team this spring and needs a cue to call his own and care after. I already donated him an unused cue case of mine. It would be in good hands and looked after lovingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuetec R360, Players, Dufferin, Schmelke...Samsara with True Shaft...BD cue...SS360 shafts...Mezz cue....Craig Howell Shagrat
J&J 2729 and J&J 2110 (Heavy) with Samsara tip
Rhino jump cue with G10 tip
JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6
HOME table >>> Diamond Pro-Am

Twitter: @sixwillwin

From Sioux Falls, SD - Home of SVB

cue
Old
  (#20)
Nuts4Tascarellas
AzB Silver Member
Nuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

cue - 01-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Now that I understand what you meant - this one will be simple. A girl at my pool hall had her cue stolen. Someone walked out with it. It was a McDermott and sentimental. She asks me a couple times a week if I have found it - or if it has been returned. I'm pretty sure it's not coming back.

I don't talk while I play... the only English I speak is left, right, top, and bottom. ~Brad Hamel~

(#21)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Post - 01-09-2016, 10:13 PM

I could tell you a story or two but the shit would get really deep... Literally.....

Im awaiting steamers story.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#22)
sys_argv
Registered
sys_argv is on a distinguished road

01-10-2016, 01:48 AM

That cue reminds me of the first non-house cue I ever saw. It was a snooker cue (though I didn't know it). The wavy-ish grain, the smooth feel of non-laminated wood as it moved over my bridge was a feeling I have struggled to recapture. In short, lovely cue.

Too bad I live abroad and the shipping costs are insane

Old
  (#23)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Anyone know a player in need? I'll pick someone today!

Snowflakes in Hawaii meltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
This may sound smug on my part

Old
  (#24)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Tascarellas View Post
I will go by the rules.

I was in a bar one night when 2 guys were arguing. All of a sudden - one of them picks up the cue ball and throws it as hard as he can! It hit the other guy in the forehead. The noise it made was sickening! The dude that got hit went down exactly like one of those buildings that you see them do controlled demolitions to from the bottom. He just dropped straight down as if someone had made his legs vanish. I chugged the last of my bottle of beer and grabbed my buddy off the barstool beside me. I'm dragging him to the door - he says, "What are you doing? " I said "Getting out of here - I I think he just killed that guy!" As we were driving off - there were sirens and lights everywhere...
Oh my, that story has my vote. Great, and crazy story. I hope the guy did not die from the blow. That is just horrible. Scary story.

Old
  (#25)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
I've owned way uglier cues than this one.
Your cue wouldn't even place in the top 10 in some of the ugliest cue contests that I've won

Last year I sold a custom cue that was so ugly...the buyer shattered it a week after he bought it.
The cue played real good, and the guy still shattered it.

Lol, I am sorry, but that is so funny. Made me laugh.

Old
  (#26)
justinb386
Banned

01-11-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Scratchalot View Post
Oops...totally misread the story guidelines. Sorry.
I honestly thought you were just joking. Your story kind of made me laugh though, and I know that is horrible, but it seemed kind of funny for some odd reason.

Old
  (#27)
Sir Scratchalot
AzB Silver Member
Sir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb386 View Post
I honestly thought you were just joking. Your story kind of made me laugh though, and I know that is horrible, but it seemed kind of funny for some odd reason.
Haha, it was very true and pretty darn funny, especially if you were there to see how excited she was over it.

I was tempted to tell about the girl who, when I cued up a song for her to hear in my DJ booth, grabbed my microphone and held it up to her ear. One of the funniest things I've seen in my DJ career.

To bad the rules require a story about a player in need, instead of a story about a stripper in need (of common sense). lol

Last edited by Sir Scratchalot; 01-11-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Man, she sure is ugly!!!
Old
  (#28)
fishermanOICUR1
AzB Gold Member
fishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond reputefishermanOICUR1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Man, she sure is ugly!!! - 01-12-2016, 12:10 AM

I am glad you didn't pick me!!! That Cuetec butt I received in the mail today, from you, was FULL of UGLY. But it did arrived safe and sound. Thanks.

Old
  (#29)
ronlovespool
AzB Silver Member
ronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond reputeronlovespool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

01-12-2016, 06:05 PM

So who won?

Playing Cue - Viking with OB Classic +
Break Cue - Cuetec Meteor
Jump Cue - none yet
Table- Irving Kaye barbox

Old
  (#30)
Rshoe
Registered
Rshoe is on a distinguished road

01-12-2016, 06:06 PM

I'm new here, been lurking, just joined up. Made a small introduction.

After my dad stopped drinking and became sober he started playing pool again. This is when he introduced me to the game. Him newly sober, playing pool was how we bonded. It was an adjustment having a now sober dad wanting to be a significant part of your life. But pool was our thing and made it work.

I joined the service, went to war, and then college. I have married and have 2 boys. In the middle of that I lost my dad; part of what kept me from a pool table.

After 10 years I started to play again. At the hall I regularly play at, I have been playing with an old Korean War veteran. He's a disabled vet, love his stories. Les is his name.

Les always joked if he had his own cue he'd beat me. Said his fixed income from VA disability limits spending for him. So for Christmas, I gave him my old dinged up Mcdermott. I have been wanting a sneaky pete to replace it and have been looking at the Players brand.

Anyways, I'd take your cue. But I'm new here and it feels wierd asking.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: