Reload this Page Cue deal problem.
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Cue deal problem.
Old
  (#1)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member
crabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Cue deal problem. - 08-31-2016, 05:21 PM

So, advice needed. I sold a cue last week to a guy on here. He asks a bunch of questions about it, specs and stuff I answer them the best i know how. I drop the price a 100 and he PP's the money. No problems, right?
He gets the cue today and texts me a few hours later saying "got the cue, everything looks fine, however its so much different than i am used to. I don't think i'll like it. Do you accept returns? I will cover shipping both ways."
So i text him back and say Glad everything is fine, But i don't feel right about offering a return. I appreciate you offering shipping both ways. You should have asked if that was ok before we completed the transaction. Sorry.
Probably not the best reaction on my part but i was at the dentist and not right.

Well he texts me back and says "I thought i was being fair, but. Well no biggie. Thanks for the deal anyway."

I get home a hour later and he has disputed the PP transaction. Says in the dispute, Wasn't as described, wasn't weight forward and deflection isn't what was said.
The cue is a Meucci with the new pro low deflection shafts and ferrules. It is weight forward.

So, You buy a cue, there is nothing wrong with it. You decide you don't think you will like it. Should you get your money back? Is this normal selling cues on here? Any advice?

Old
  (#2)
djg576
AzB Gold Member
djg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-31-2016, 05:32 PM

I believe you've been Beibered. Apologies to both if I'm wrong.

Old
  (#3)
deadnutz
AzB Silver Member
deadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

08-31-2016, 05:34 PM

Have him ship it back and return his money. An unhappy customer is a unhappy customer. Better to save your rep and treat the guy fairly then to argue over something like this. He's covering shipping both ways so your out nothing other than some time. Let him return it and move on.

Old
  (#4)
justaplayer
Banned
justaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond reputejustaplayer has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnutz View Post
Have him ship it back and return his money. An unhappy customer is a unhappy customer. Better to save your rep and treat the guy fairly then to argue over something like this. He's covering shipping both ways so your out nothing other than some time. Let him return it and move on.
I agree with the above. Best to put it behind you. Of course now that he's opened a paypal case, you cannot accept return til they resolve it.

It's a pretty shady move by the buyer. You didn't promise him a cue he'd love shooting with, just one as described. Guy should just take it upon himself to resell it.

Old
  (#5)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member
crabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaplayer View Post
I agree with the above. Best to put it behind you. Of course now that he's opened a paypal case, you cannot accept return til they resolve it.

It's a pretty shady move by the buyer. You didn't promise him a cue he'd love shooting with, just one as described. Guy should just take it upon himself to resell it.
Yeah, that was my problem.

I just sent him the PP dispute offer to return it. I didn't know what was right in this case as there was nothing wrong with the cue and he just didn't like it. Good luck to future sellers and there goes my 25.00 profit...lol. Just hope I get it back the same way i sent it.
I ship 400-500 dollar orders all the time from my website and have only had 1 return in 14 years. The lady didn't quite understand what she was buying.. I refunded immediately, no questions asked and I even covered shipping. I've never had a PP dispute filed.

Old
  (#6)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2016, 06:31 PM

Now he wants a full refund...lol

Old
  (#7)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 06:32 PM

Name start with a J?

And I wouldn't of taken a return if you described the cue correctly unless I was a cue dealer. Believe you are a dealer, which means making customers happy is important. I'll happily take a cue back if it wasn't as described.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Last edited by cubswin; 08-31-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Old
  (#8)
billiardthought
Anti-intellectualism
billiardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 06:43 PM

I personally would be fighting this until it gets crazy. I can't stand people without personal responsibility, it's like the person who takes up a full driving lane while waiting to sneak into a turning lane. Go drive to the next light and turn around, you're not that important.

The beatings will continue until volunteering improves

Old
  (#9)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2016, 06:44 PM

I'm not a cue dealer. I've only sold a few cues over the years.

transaction
Old
  (#10)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

transaction - 08-31-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I'm not a cue dealer. I've only sold a few cues over the years.
Sorry I assumed the transaction was with someone different ..

MMike

Last edited by mortuarymike-nv; 08-31-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Old
  (#11)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 07:45 PM

I hope the cue is in the same condition as when you shipped it should you decide to allow its return & refund

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#12)
lakeman77
AzB Silver Member
lakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond reputelakeman77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

08-31-2016, 08:18 PM

Stuff happens. Take the cue back.. You can resell it . Just part of doing biz online. Happens to Amazon all day long.

Old
  (#13)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2016, 08:30 PM

I already told him i would give him a full refund if he ships it back insured in the same condition as he got it. He's supposed to send it tomorrow. I'm eating my shipping that he said he would pay for but if he wants to crawfish on that too i'd rather get the cue back quickly instead of challenging his dispute. But i won't bend further or tolerate any funny business no matter what.

Old
  (#14)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2016, 08:34 PM

Why wouldn't you take it back in the first place?

Old
  (#15)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-31-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
So, advice needed. I sold a cue last week to a guy on here. He asks a bunch of questions about it, specs and stuff I answer them the best i know how. I drop the price a 100 and he PP's the money. No problems, right?
He gets the cue today and texts me a few hours later saying "got the cue, everything looks fine, however its so much different than i am used to. I don't think i'll like it. Do you accept returns? I will cover shipping both ways."
So i text him back and say Glad everything is fine, But i don't feel right about offering a return. I appreciate you offering shipping both ways. You should have asked if that was ok before we completed the transaction. Sorry.
Probably not the best reaction on my part but i was at the dentist and not right.

Well he texts me back and says "I thought i was being fair, but. Well no biggie. Thanks for the deal anyway."

I get home a hour later and he has disputed the PP transaction. Says in the dispute, Wasn't as described, wasn't weight forward and deflection isn't what was said.
The cue is a Meucci with the new pro low deflection shafts and ferrules. It is weight forward.

So, You buy a cue, there is nothing wrong with it. You decide you don't think you will like it. Should you get your money back? Is this normal selling cues on here? Any advice?
You just found out why it's better to have a reasonable return policy. It saves this sort of conflict. People buy cues sight unseen and they sometimes just don't like them or they find defects you didn't notice or think important.

My policy is, after a reasonable inspection period like 3 days, return for any reason at buyers expense for a refund. You might get one or two cues back out of 20 but people are grateful not to be stuck with a cue they don't like. I've had maybe 4 or 5 returned out of several hundred sold over the years.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: