J pechauer Cues , Are they decent for a Custom Cue or just another Factory deal

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I have been seeing these for a while for sale and see them frequently on Open Billiards for sale. Does anyone have any experience with these . Just out of Curiosity , I have never shot with one. I see them as Custom Cues , But that term seems to be used pretty loose these days. I am not looking at any particular model just wondered if they are decent cues for the money . I seen on their website that they also sell cases. They had some 50th anniversary cues that looked really nice but were sold out but it said they were built like they were building in the 70's . Thanks

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Decent cues.

For production cues I recommend Mezz. I think they are far away of competition in terms of consistency, hit, feel and quality as well as resale value.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had several Pechauer cues. Pechauer makes high quality production cues. Great cue for the price. I group, in no particular order, Mezz, Pechauer ,Schon and Predator as the top production cue makers. Solid company that makes a solid cue. Considering the quality and beauty of their cues, I wonder why it seems that the Pechauer name sometimes seems like a well kept secret.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much more than a decent cue. These are top quality, especially the finish.
To top that off, the lifetime warranty and customer service are 2nd to NONE.
McDermott runs a very close 2nd in that dept.
You get what you want, I just gave my piece of a nickel.

Hello ,

I have been seeing these for a while for sale and see them frequently on Open Billiards for sale. Does anyone have any experience with these . Just out of Curiosity , I have never shot with one. I see them as Custom Cues , But that term seems to be used pretty loose these days. I am not looking at any particular model just wondered if they are decent cues for the money . I seen on their website that they also sell cases. They had some 50th anniversary cues that looked really nice but were sold out but it said they were built like they were building in the 70's . Thanks

I have a lot of respect for Pechauer cues. I mean, they are really great quality cues, and they make all of their own parts, for their cues. They even have their own forest, that they get their wood from the forest that they own.

I would not get a JP series though. I would get a Pro Series, which are more expensive, but so much nicer.

I had one of their 50th Anniversary cues, and it was super nice.

Their cues hit very nice, in my opinion. Very solid hitting cues, and they support and sponsor Junior players, which I think is a really great thing.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Here is what I've learned about "custom" pechauer cues. Not saying it's a bad thing because they do make really good cues.

Say you want a cue in a series by them. And the cues are limited to /25 or /50. If they are all sold out, and you want the cue, Pechauer will make it but there has to be a change from the original, ie. different ringwork or different woods, add or subtract a wrap, but same design. Then the cue is signed as Custom instead of #'d/??.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think they are great cues. I play with a Pechauer 50th Anniversary DEC3 and a Pechauer Break Cue. Beautiful, play well and Pechauer customer service is very good too.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I've said this before in previous Pechauer threads ... I think they are great cues. I have four ... two pro series and two JP. :thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
For production cues I can think of quite a few I would buy before I would buy a Pechauer cue.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
EXCELLENT QUALITY AND PLAYABILITY
Very well made/constructed cues
ALWAYS EXCELLENT SHAFT WOOD And really good ferrules
they play great and dont get chalk stained- especially like the SCHON STUFF THEY USING
I prefer the pechauer over the schon and joss and meucci

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They as a company have contributed allot to the pool world.
I support them in that sense.
I probably wouldn't buy one unless my purchasing options were limited, but they look well made.
My friend has played his Pechauer for over 10 years and the finish still looks great!

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it’s worth I have two; a JP USA model from 8 years ago, and another JP series I picked up recently with a little more bling and style points.

No cue expert or aficionado, but the first cue sold me well enough to get another one.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For production cues I can think of quite a few I would buy before I would buy a Pechauer cue.
"Quite a few"?? Care to name some? I'm no Pech homer but they make great cues. IMO Mezz is tops as far as production goes. I'd put Pech and Schon, maybe Predator together and then the rest.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
"Quite a few"?? Care to name some? I'm no Pech homer but they make great cues. IMO Mezz is tops as far as production goes. I'd put Pech and Schon, maybe Predator together and then the rest.

In order of playability based on my opinion, and years of dealing with cues everyday.

Schon
Jacoby
Predator
Lucasi
Mezz
Mcdermott
Meucci
Pechauer

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Playability is not a factor in any of these cues. The only factor in playability is the "straightness" of one's stroke and strict adherance to all the fundamentals. By doing this, one can shoot top pool with any cue.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In order of playability based on my opinion, and years of dealing with cues everyday.

Schon
Jacoby
Predator
Lucasi
Mezz
Mcdermott
Meucci
Pechauer
I agree with the brands but not quite the same order. I don't think i'd put Meucci on the list just for the fact you may end up with a total pos cue. Playability is almost impossible to describe in real terms. Very subjective of course. I still think Mezz are by far the best combo of playing and build quality.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Schon
Jacoby
Predator
Lucasi
Mezz
Mcdermott
Meucci
Pechauer

You put Lucasi as number 4?
I almost fell out of my chair.
You surprised me there Ted.
I have a Lucasi and it's a great cue.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You put Lucasi as number 4?
I almost fell out of my chair.
You surprised me there Ted.
I have a Lucasi and it's a great cue.
I agree with you. Lucasi may be one of the better value cues for the money, but placing them ahead of Mezz and Pechauer for quality and playability, really?