Community unpaid work! AZB TEAM!! IMPORTANT!

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
Hello AZB Team,
I am not very familiar with the people who administrate this forum (I know Jerry Forsyth is one of the big guys...) but I have a nice offer for them.
I post this here because I heard a lot of members complaining about the lack of moderation on the "Wanted for sale" section.
Well here it is:
1. I am on this section (and the forum) for over 1 1/2 years, usually more than 12h/day. I saw and read all kind of stuff and from time to time I am thinking of quitting because I have the feeling that this area will fall apart soon.... Never happens tho so I think it's an addiction which can be exploited for everyone's sake.
So, I AM OFFERING MY SERVICES FOR FREE! I AM WILLING TO MODERATE THIS SECTION AND I AM NOT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN! I JUST WANT TO SEE HAPPY MEMBERS AROUND HERE SELLING/TRADING THEIR ITEMS WITHOUT ANY GLITCHES!!
Now, I was moderator for 3 years on a IT/ELECTRONICS forum back in my country and everything worked very well. I have high computer skills including web.

2. I have no enemies here (not that I know of.....do I?) but I do have friends, as most of the members here. I believe that's why these are called PUBLIC FORUMS...to socialize..right?

3. I have tons of ideas how to make this more accessible, more reliable, more fun and the most important thing more safe. I won't start a list here but trust me when I say, you'll love them.

I won't go further with this already long post.

If you guys want me to be your referee, moderator, again, ONLY FOR WANTED FOR SALE SECTION....I AM HERE...PM ME/EMAIL ME AND WE CAN START IMMEDIATELY!

This is not another funny post. It's a real offer!

I AM NOT LOOKING TO BECOME A GOD OF "WANTED FOR SALE" AREA. I just want people to click this section and find exactly what it's supposed to be.

You can't say I didn't try!

All the best,
Chris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Free help in this section? You have my support.We need to enforce some rules,and we need to keep a watch for scammers,etc.Positive rep for you my friend.Good luck.
BR,Marc

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting this and offering to help out. I recently sent a pm to Jerry offering my help as well. Jerry is the moderator of this section and we all know how fast this area of the forum moves so maybe he could use an extra set of eyes.

Honestly, I don't care who it is that helps clean up this section but I just hope it happens quickly.

Good luck, and thanks for looking out for us my friend! :thumbup:

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I wouldve offered my sevices but I have a bad habbit of not thinking before I talk. However, I support chris in this.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It doesn't have to be so difficult to moderate. Two rules would eliminate most of the problems.

1) Only the seller can post in the thread, all others are locked out.

2) An asking price must be posted.

Then it becomes an easy matter to moderate the bumping rule - just look at the time stamp on the sellers bumps.

I'd also like the idea that you cannot edit a post after a certain amount of time, but that is because I'd like the asking price to remain posted for research purposes. But I also understand not everyone feels that way.

redmackohio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Hello AZB Team,
I am not very familiar with the people who administrate this forum (I know Jerry Forsyth is one of the big guys...) but I have a nice offer for them.
I post this here because I heard a lot of members complaining about the lack of moderation on the "Wanted for sale" section.
Well here it is:
1. I am on this section (and the forum) for over 1 1/2 years, usually more than 12h/day. I saw and read all kind of stuff and from time to time I am thinking of quitting because I have the feeling that this area will fall apart soon.... Never happens tho so I think it's an addiction which can be exploited for everyone's sake.
So, I AM OFFERING MY SERVICES FOR FREE! I AM WILLING TO MODERATE THIS SECTION AND I AM NOT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN! I JUST WANT TO SEE HAPPY MEMBERS AROUND HERE SELLING/TRADING THEIR ITEMS WITHOUT ANY GLITCHES!!
Now, I was moderator for 3 years on a IT/ELECTRONICS forum back in my country and everything worked very well. I have high computer skills including web.

2. I have no enemies here (not that I know of.....do I?) but I do have friends, as most of the members here. I believe that's why these are called PUBLIC FORUMS...to socialize..right?

3. I have tons of ideas how to make this more accessible, more reliable, more fun and the most important thing more safe. I won't start a list here but trust me when I say, you'll love them.

I won't go further with this already long post.

If you guys want me to be your referee, moderator, again, ONLY FOR WANTED FOR SALE SECTION....I AM HERE...PM ME/EMAIL ME AND WE CAN START IMMEDIATELY!

This is not another funny post. It's a real offer!

I AM NOT LOOKING TO BECOME A GOD OF "WANTED FOR SALE" AREA. I just want people to click this section and find exactly what it's supposed to be.

You can't say I didn't try!

All the best,
Chris

I agree as well I'm a moderator on a archery forum in the wanted for sale section. These guys here posting there eBay links an such isn't allowed on that forum. Posting something forse an asking for best offers isn't allowed either. My honest feeling is if your gonna post it price it. If your gonna eBay it don't advertise it here an take up forum space. The wanted an for sale section here needs tons of attention. An it also needs a good few members to straighten it out an have it running as it should be.

Tro

Insert Clever Title Here
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Great idea.

If we could get a staff of 6-8 volunteer mods here that are fair and won't play favorites, this section would get cleaned up quick.

The trick is to get mods that are active and uphold the forum rules without question.

At one point or another, most of us have broken the rules...we need folks there to kick us back into line every now and then. :)

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Super idea....

I think it's a Super idea Chris is a good guy. He has always been a stand up guy to me. If he is on and a problem comes up he is right there to help. So I'm all for it. Go for it Chris:thumbup:

Chris:smile:

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've offered to help moderate many times in the last several years. Never got any response. I've moderated on many other other forums and consider myself a fair guy on all sides. Oh well.

dalo

Registered
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
1) Only the seller can post in the thread, all others are locked out.
I actually like that others can post in the thread. There is sometimes helpful information added. Another forum I am on solved this problem pretty effectively by changing the sort order on the for sale forum. Basically, bumping doesn't move the thread back the top. This makes it so that no matter how often people post in the thread it does not push them to the top.

2) An asking price must be posted.
I would love a rule like this personally.

I'd also like the idea that you cannot edit a post after a certain amount of time, but that is because I'd like the asking price to remain posted for research purposes.
There is definitely two sides to leaving the selling price posted. That being said, making posts in the wanted/for sale forum uneditable would mean that you could not do things like change the price in the first post or update the item. As a buyer you would need to read the entire thread to find current prices.

cleitonrocha

Administrador
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Great idea.

If we could get a staff of 6-8 volunteer mods here that are fair and won't play favorites, this section would get cleaned up quick.

The trick is to get mods that are active and uphold the forum rules without question.

At one point or another, most of us have broken the rules...we need folks there to kick us back into line every now and then. :)

Great point.... AGREE

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think Jerry could use some help in this section. With so many newer members not even reading/following the rules I can see more of a need to "police" this section.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
And what Jerry himself has to say about that? Everyone wants to be a police but, it boils down to what site owners/moderators have to say.
Plus, technically, there is no need for police here. There is a fairly simple program that can monitor posts from all accounts and report over bumping to email or phone. So, moderator/owner will know who and where sort of thing.
License is not very expensive - around $1000/year.
CORRECTION. It is $789/year.

Dhintz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Cleaning this part of the forum would be nice. Thanks Chris for volunteering.

I would recommend getting rid of the multiple threads for sale per user. Why can't they put all the items under one thread? Once the item gets sold. The thread could be locked or closed by the OP and put in a sub forum for future reference. If the thread is still open, they will not be able to start a new thread.

I would also recommend changing the settings of this part of the forum, each thread should not be bumped up to the top of the list every time someone posts on it.

David