DCC 9 ball updates?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Wow, that's one of the best finals matches by one player I've ever seen.

LVC shoots a .978 in a race to 11, missing only two balls., and beating Filler 11-4.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LVC shoots a .978 in a race to 11, missing only two balls., and beating Filler 11-4.

How do they not give him a standing ovation?-In fact it was rather tepid. Weak crowd!

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
How do they not give him a standing ovation?-In fact it was rather tepid Weak crowd.

Probably because he didn't throw his cue on the ground, jump up on the table and dance around screaming.

Then he would have gotten a standing ovation.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably because he didn't throw his cue on the ground, jump up on the table and dance around screaming.

Then he would have gotten a standing ovation.

So sad t takes that and not the best performance in any DCC final ever and the best performance in any final in decades..(that i am aware of).

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, he did a good job.

4C518B2E-8F35-4299-8891-8669E10D6503.jpeg

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee Van played amazingly.
He was getting 3 games on the wirein the action room.

He won Turning Stone years ago playing fast and loose. Barely chalking his cue... The man has a ton of talent.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the question is, Did Dennis steal MOT from Billy or did Billy gift it to Dennis?

5 points is so close (not sure if that's the official final tally)
All Billy had to do was finish in top 25 for 9 ball, and for a man of his talents, I would've thought that was a lock.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the question is, Did Dennis steal MOT from Billy or did Billy gift it to Dennis?

5 points is so close (not sure if that's the official final tally)
All Billy had to do was finish in top 25 for 9 ball, and for a man of his talents, I would've thought that was a lock.

Remember he drew Dennis early in 9 ball...definitely a tough draw so early, but he had his chance to put DO in a hole instead.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

That was 2 errors, PB, not 2 misses. Corteza missed nothing. He made a safety error and a scratch on the break. Otherwise ................ clean.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
That was 2 errors, PB, not 2 misses. Corteza missed nothing. He made a safety error and a scratch on the break. Otherwise ................ clean.

Ah, I was repeating what Mark Wilson said. That's even more impressive then.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job Lee Van

If your name is Lee Van....View attachment 540432

View attachment 540433

You a bad dude

LOL
Those eyes when DO played that bad position
https://youtu.be/dxFtAYDe54M?t=8627
Congrats to Lee Van.

That is super impressive
978 must be highest TPA here higher than Big foot ?
Was wondering what happened to Lee Van last few years as he was only Fargo 800 (together with Dechaine) who did not feature prominently in major events

Honestly , they should have change this to 9 ball 16 player invitational like Big foot . $1K entry for field like Big foot . That way all 15 matches witha big names would be on TV table and would have bump up the PPV numbers by much more. I mean with few hundred entries winner for this winner still gets $16K like for Big foot so what’s point of having matches involving few hundred dead money entries that most folks don’t bother watching
Just saying.:grin:

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
How do they not give him a standing ovation?-In fact it was rather tepid. Weak crowd!

I’m not sure what crowd you saw, but I was in the stands and we all stood to applaud one of three almost flawless performances today.

Filler started it out with a 9-2 match against SVB, where Shane only missed one shot and had one dry break.

Then we watched Aranas virtually repeat the performance against Bergman. LVC then puts the dagger in it with showing Filler he could dominate a match as well.

Was a great day for tv table spectating and the crowd was definitely respectful and appreciative of the star’s performances.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... 978 must be highest TPA here higher than Big foot ? ...

Filler shot a .984 (just 1 error) against SVB Saturday afternoon. The highest Bigfoot TPA this year was a ,939 by Shaw.

DeLuna shot a .986 (1 error) 2 years ago in the 9-Ball.