Photo taking technique... A how to guide

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
i'm replacing my trusty floppy disc camera with this nikon digital.
i just cant seem to get out of the eighties :)

That Nikon 60mm lens is a fantastic lens! I have one and use it only for macro unless I'm doing little creatures that frighten easily then I opt for the 105mm.

Just curious, did you know that lens wouldn't auto focus on your D3000 when you purchased it?

runwav

Banned
That Nikon 60mm lens is a fantastic lens! I have one and use it only for macro unless I'm doing little creatures that frighten easily then I opt for the 105mm.

Just curious, did you know that lens wouldn't auto focus on your D3000 when you purchased it?

yes, auto focus doesnt function with the nikon 3000, it's the combo i wanted for home use.
the nikon 3000 and nikon 60mm lens sit in the corner atop a tripod just waiting to shoot for ebay.
the d5100 shown below sports a 50mm lens and thats what i'm out and about with.
took a long time for me to get the right combination of camera and lens together.

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,215

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I bought a Fuji camera, nothing fancy but it keeps me from throwing my iPhone when 90% of the pictures come out grainy....:thumbup:

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. Gonna try em with my M43's camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Great post and great discussion. Many thanks and tap tap tap to you, Monstermash, for the thread and info. I'm half owner of a Nikon D600 which I'm going to appropriate for my use for awhile and try to apply what I've read. Until then I'll be over here in a corner kicking myself for not reading it a long time ago. Thanks again to all, you also Jive for your mediation.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cringe when I see the finish flaws on the Gina. Is this a refinish? Ernie is such a stickler for details so I don't think this would escape his notice.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sometimes to diffuse hard direct over-brite light, I use wax paper.

attach to lamp shell anyway you can, rubberband, tape, glue, use as many layers as it takes.

Attachments

• WAXPAPER (2).jpg
    WAXPAPER (2).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 244
  • WAXPAPER 2 (2).jpg
    WAXPAPER 2 (2).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 236