You know you're addicted to pool when....

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
When you steal your kids Halloween candy and try to trade it in at the hall for table time.

When you make little candy bags for All Hallows Eve and each one contains a cube of Elk Master Blue.

When you dress up on Halloween as a Hustler with a pool cue to take your kids out for treats. Someone takes you aside and hands you a twenty and says good luck, I hope you find a job soon.

When you dress up as a clown on Halloween and someone asks you if your name is Bruce.

One Christmas, my biggest priority was finding pool ball tree ornaments.

I told my wife that a minimum of 2 presents had to billiard related.

After you open your presents on Christmas morn, you start thinking about how sad it is that the hall isn't open on Christmas Day. Then, your only consolation is that its open on Boxing day. Yayyyyyyyyyy! One more sleeps till Boxing day.

You can't wait to wear or try our your billiard related presents at the hall. I got a Bobble Ball one year. It never saw the inside of the hall.

You only attend parties where the host owns a pool table.

Your vacation plans center around which hotels have a pool table.

You take your cues with you on holidays. Like me.

Your daughter gets married and you take your cue to the reception, hoping that you can sneak out for a bit and play a few games in the rec room of the hotel.

You disappear as does half the other male guests. You arrange a small mini tournament to help defer the cost of the wedding.

Your daughter starts looking for your new son in law. He missed the first dance.

You get divorced shortly there after. As in, 10 minutes after you get home from the reception, which is 5 hrs after the wife got home. The wife got half the house and 20 pool cues as part of the settlement.

When yer married and come home late. The wife doesn't look for lip stick stains on your collar, rather, chalk stains on your hands and pants.

When yer getting a little trim on the side and you keep a cube of master blue in the car to put chalk stains on your pants and hands.

When your wife gets you a box of Master Green for Christmas and you still come home with Blue chalk stains.

You get divorced shortly there after. Your new ex wife got half the house and ten pool cues.

Last edited:

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
…when your wife looks surprisingly astonished :shocked:, seeing you rushing nervously through the bedroom :happydance:, after she has told you „I have found an old moth in the closet.“…
…and all that has reached you was „I have found an old Mottey in the closet.“ :poke:

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you walk into an extremely loud bar and can still hear the click of pool balls in the back room.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
.......when you are walking down the street and the sound of a breaking rack causes your head to violently swivel around to see where the sound came from.

........you can identify the sound of a breaking rack a mile away but you can't hear your wife in the car with you!

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to bring this thread back as I heard a GREAT one last week. A buddy of mine in the pool hall told me that he was in a restaurant two weeks ago and when he walked up to pay the check, he said to the cashier... "Time off!!!!" By mistake. True story!!! Hahahahah

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's No Doubt You Are Addicted When........

Yeah......we all have a fondness for pool.......some of us may like to refer to as having a "passion" for the game......and those with a more severe affection for the game, well, we like to think of those folks as being addicted to pool.......and then there's probably one last category......the fanatics.......the zealots.......the hard core pool junkies........let's face it. when it comes to pool, it takes all types........

72 hrs. after undergoing shoulder surgery..........well, guess which category I fall within.

p.s......my buddy wrote me and told me to stop exaggerating....."It was actually a week after surgery"........oops, memory mishap.....blame it on the Norco meds.

Attachments

• Post Surgery.jpg
    Post Surgery.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 225
  • OMG!.jpg
    OMG!.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Can't Stay Away.jpg
    Can't Stay Away.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad part is I see nothing wrong with that. . You sir, are an Ironman. And a zealot.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
When it's "family TV" night...and you're sitting in the living room with everyone but you're watching old WCoP matches on your smartphone...

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...you quit hanging with your old friends and look for new ones because the old ones like to party at places that don't have a pool table.

...you go to lunch, shoot a few, look up at the clock and it's 3 pm.

...can't sleep when you've discovered what you've been doing wrong for ten years.

Best,
Mike

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
When your boss tells you have an upcoming business trip and the first thing you do is go online to find out where the nearest pool halls are and when the tournaments are being held.

Then when you get there, you end up not using the hotel at all because you ended up making new pool friends and hanging out all night, and just went back to the hotel for a quick shower before work.

Or when you walk into a hardware store and the screws all look like weight bolts, the knives and cutters look like tip trimming tools, and the 2x4's look like unturned shafts.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was out to dinner with the wife I notice a lump in my left rear pocket and it's my pool glove or chalk holder.

When I try to give the exact change at a store, I have my tip pick and scoffer intermixed with my change.

Al

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When you lay with you girlfriend and all what you think on,is to play ONE POCKET:):wink::):thumbup:

You know people are addicted to pool....
...when Ivica shows pictures of an island paradise...
...on the NON POOL RELATED FORUM...
...and someone asks if there are any pool tables....:eek:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Blue Chalk Enchantment

(Inspired by basement dweller's last post)

.....you have enough money for lunch, or table time, and there's no question that you're going hungry.

..... You start to visualize tangent lines on everyday objects even when you're not playing

...... Anytime you get a few minutes free you start weighing if there's enough time to get to the pool hall and back.....

.......you would rather play pool than see your girlfriend/wife

.......you can't sleep from replaying a miss in your head a thousand times....

Youre in the middle of a meeting and you look down at your hand and you see a large blue stain. Extending from the palm of you hand all the way up to just under the little finger.

You were out running errands and you thought that small indiscretion of you running in to hit a few would go unnoticed by your boss. So you go the restroom to scrub up smiling and thinking you got away uncaught.

Little did you know that the chalk you used once embedded into your hand sent blue tentacles of enchantment through your skin and once in your mind you would hear little but the siren calling your name. You have Blue Chalk Enchantment and there is nothing you can do but hit them when you can, remembering the good times and waiting for your day off and time to be with friends.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your description of the car-wreck includes terms like the carom angle off the other vehicle...

* wish I had started this crap earlier *