What is the greatest compliment someone has given you?

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
oops...I just gave a positive rep from the first page....on a post from 2007! I didnt notice the date until later, I am such a noob here. Well, I did like the post though.....

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regular group of us play 5 dollar 8ball most weeknights from 5 till 7. I had won a # of games in a row. Broke and had a terrible table. Played stripes and scratched while making the 4th stripe. My opponent made 2 balls and missed a tough combo. He sits down and the guy next to him says" you are ok he cant get out from there". Opponent said to him "he will pull something out of his a#$#". I banked the first ball 1 rail. Banked the second ball 3 rails. Kicked the last stripe in 2 rails. Kicked the 8 in 1 rail. Opponent said to the "he wont get out guy", " you cant ever count him out".

Now if I can get someone to comment on my " great cueball control",I will be a player!

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was side-betting on tournament matches once....I won every bet including the finals.
The guy who lost the most money said....
"I just thought of a new way to commit suicide...I'm gonna disguise my self as a dollar bill and lay on the floor....
....this SOB will DIVE on me."

...hey, I felt pretty good. :happydance:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I was side-betting on tournament matches once....I won every bet including the finals.
The guy who lost the most money said....
"I just thought of a new way to commit suicide...I'm gonna disguise my self as a dollar bill and lay on the floor....
....this SOB will DIVE on me."

...hey, I felt pretty good. :happydance:

cold blooded strong

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
When a fellow pool player complimented me on my character on and off the table, and never even mentioned my titles or pool accomplishments. That meant a lot to me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
oops...I just gave a positive rep from the first page....on a post from 2007! I didnt notice the date until later, I am such a noob here. Well, I did like the post though.....

dont worry...we all do it...the boards actually alive. smorgs still around, ya can get to know him. rep to ya

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
one of my favorites personally, happened recently...

i had made this new recipe for a creamed shrimp and grits...and properly plated the dish for a good friend.....

he looks at it amazed....looks up at me and says "who the hell do you think you are? this looks amazing, can i eat it...." of course.....takes a bite "omg...you gotta stop man"

we both busted out laughing

Str8PoolMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if it was the best compliment I have ever had, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

I ran, what was for me, a rather difficult layout of 8-ball in a tournament and afterwards my opponent says, "Nice run. That was a pleasure to watch."

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
"nicest sportsman i ve ever seen" after i gave my opponent ball in Hand in a final after i made a foul which nobody was able to see. even the referee said the same. His warm words and the following applause was far more worth than the 1st place i missed.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
I was playing in a small tournament in Reno, I just won my my match 3-0, my opponent asked me where I was from, I told him I was from a small town about 70 miles away (almost nobody has heard of it). He then asked if that was where all the pros lived... I got a chuckle out of that one.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
We play in a biweekly league with some old guys. One of them asked me if I knew Gary Spaeth. I told him I had heard all about him but didnt really start playing until after he had passed. The old guy said that my form and style reminded him of watching Gary when he was younger.

He must have been blind and senile lol, but i milked it for all it had anyway.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Last winter I am playing Measurman on his home turf, we are racing to nine playing ten ball. The match goes hill/hill and I take it down, Measurman looks me straight in the eye and says "you're tougher then a two dollar steak".

It still makes me smile😊