Cloth on home table

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I'm curious to hear what everyone is playing on at home.

I've got a 7' valley with pro cut ridgebacks. I bought it the way it sits about 2 years ago. I believe this cloth that's on it is called Titan by championship. The table plays really well in terms of trueness and rail play but it's pretty slow due to it being a woolen cloth.

I want to go with a worsted style cloth and I'd obviously like it to withstand quite a bit of time and a little abuse from a toddler.

So what's everyone got at home? 860? 860hr? Tour edition? Anyone going 760 on a bar box?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 7 ft. valley and went with tour edition. No complaints, honestly can't tell a difference from simonis that it replaced.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I have a 7 ft Valley with the same rails. I read here on AZ that putting 860 on a 7 ft is like
overkill, a sort of a waste, and that 760 is fine for the Valley. When I was refelting my
table I went out and looked at tables with different cloths. I did like the 760 but I settled on
Mercury Ultra. Though it doesn't have the "social allure" of Simonis cloth, it plays very
similar, is very durable and way cheaper. It just seems to fit the Valley better (if that
makes any sense). If I should graduate to a Gold Crown or a Diamond then I'll consider
the Simonis to match the carpet, but until then the Mercury Ultra is working out well

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you have it backwards.

760 is faster than 860 and therefore, not a good choice for a little table.
I have a 7 ft Valley with the same rails. I read here on AZ that putting 860 on a 7 ft is like
overkill, a sort of a waste, and that 760 is fine for the Valley. When I was refelting my
table I went out and looked at tables with different cloths. I did like the 760 but I settled on
Mercury Ultra. Though it doesn't have the "social allure" of Simonis cloth, it plays very
similar, is very durable and way cheaper. It just seems to fit the Valley better (if that
makes any sense). If I should graduate to a Gold Crown or a Diamond then I'll consider
the Simonis to match the carpet, but until then the Mercury Ultra is working out well

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Hey guys, I'm curious to hear what everyone is playing on at home.

I've got a 7' valley with pro cut ridgebacks. I bought it the way it sits about 2 years ago. I believe this cloth that's on it is called Titan by championship. The table plays really well in terms of trueness and rail play but it's pretty slow due to it being a woolen cloth.

I want to go with a worsted style cloth and I'd obviously like it to withstand quite a bit of time and a little abuse from a toddler.

So what's everyone got at home? 860? 860hr? Tour edition? Anyone going 760 on a bar box?

What is a ridgeback?

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just switched from felt like Mali cloth on my "pro" 8 Anniversary to Simonis 860 HR and it is a huge difference for my table and a good difference. Faster, noticeable differences in slow rolls. So glad I did it!

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
860 on my home 9' Table. 860 HR on my Valley table with Ridgebacks at my cottage. No complaints.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Simonis I would go with 860, I would stay away from 760 for a 7ft, I also think 860HR would bee too fast.

They all good and durable, specially for home conditions, nevertheless I played in Simonis 860 7ft Valley and Dimonds around my area and they are very fast with it, totally different game to adjust for. I wouldn't like it any faster than 860 on a 7ft.

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 860HR on my Valley, also with pro-cut Ridgeback rails. I installed the cloth myself and it was great for awhile, but it is pretty loose in some spots now.

I am about to have it redone professionally and I was planning on 860 or 860HR again.

Tournament Blue of course.