Digicue worth it?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of picking up a digicue blue, but I never hear about them on az.

What's the consensus on these things? Worth it?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked playing around with it, but in my experience with using it for training for some people they got annoyed at not getting good scores and quit using it LOL

For me one of the more fun things I did with it was test my scores vs other players.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It works on specific aspects of your stroke. Mine was the pause on the back swing. I recommend it...

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one and can’t get it to work. I’ll have to call tech support one day soon

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to see how it tries to correct a top pros stroke first.

Someone (maybe Jayson) was using it at SBE and scored great.

But it depends on the pro and their stroke. SVB drops his elbow all the time and it would probably buzz all the time. But the good news is that the Blue lets you turn off certain features (like elbow drop).

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone (maybe Jayson) was using it at SBE and scored great.

But it depends on the pro and their stroke. SVB drops his elbow all the time and it would probably buzz all the time. But the good news is that the Blue lets you turn off certain features (like elbow drop).

Pros like Aranas and Biado I imagine would score well...but what about loopy strokes like DeLuna and Busty? A mechanical snooker style isn't for everyone.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pros like Aranas and Biado I imagine would score well...but what about loopy strokes like DeLuna and Busty? A mechanical snooker style isn't for everyone.

The interesting thing about the DigiCue is that it only measures from the tip hit the CB and follow through. So Busty’s pre-shot ballet wouldn’t concern it. He goes through the ball straight based on what I’ve seen, but don’t know about elbow drop.

Pretty sure John Morra would score close to perfect. He has the textbook stroke they are looking for.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s good. I have one. I don’t always use it because pool just isn’t as fun played that way. But while I did use it my stroke improved. I’ve heard that Johnny Archer once said, “I never miss because of my aim. Every time I miss it is because I didn’t hit the cueball where I intended to.” I think there’s a LOT of truth to that for most players. Even with a LD shaft and a well tuned pivot point, deflection is real and causes misses. Small tables and big pockets can cover it up but it will always catch up to you and stop a runout here and there. The DigiCue does help on critical things like inadvertent tip steering left/right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Thinking of picking up a digicue blue, but I never hear about them on az.

What's the consensus on these things? Worth it?

it gets a lot of beer bottle talk from folks..

I own one and I'm planning on using it tomorrow and I really don't want to. It's going to be annoying because I'm going to be working on a few specific aspects of my stroke and Ill be setting it as demanding as possible for those aspects only.

Should be a good day of practice.

There are screenshots on az somewhere in my past posts..

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

I'm an engineer, not as much a business guy. I think I need to do a better job in my marketing. There seems to be two assumptions made:

1. Loopy strokes and fluid backstrokes
2. Elbow drop

Both of these things do not matter to the DigiCue IF the last 20ms of your forward stroke before the ball is hit is in a straight line through space. I absolutely guarantee you that most pros, no matter what their warm up strokes look like, deliver the tip perfectly at the critical moments. Even a pendulum stroke will be perfectly straight during this time, IF done correctly. I made a video proving this.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Nathan Rhoades, inventor

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All,

I'm an engineer, not as much a business guy. I think I need to do a better job in my marketing. There seems to be two assumptions made:

1. Loopy strokes and fluid backstrokes
2. Elbow drop

Both of these things do not matter to the DigiCue IF the last 20ms of your forward stroke before the ball is hit is in a straight line through space. I absolutely guarantee you that most pros, no matter what their warm up strokes look like, deliver the tip perfectly at the critical moments. Even a pendulum stroke will be perfectly straight during this time, IF done correctly. I made a video proving this.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Nathan Rhoades, inventor

Ae these videos on youtube, what's the channel? I been to the EXPO and went to the OB booth to try it, was disappointed that they didn't have one to try two consecutive years in a row.

I did see a Pro playing with it at the Kamui Booth

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ae these videos on youtube, what's the channel? I been to the EXPO and went to the OB booth to try it, was disappointed that they didn't have one to try two consecutive years in a row.

I did see a Pro playing with it at the Kamui Booth

OB has not been to the Expo in the past two years. Kamui does distribute them at the Expo.

Search for DigiCue in the YouTube search bar to see all of the instructional videos.

https://www.obcues.com/digicue-blue-frequently-asked-questions/

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone, I think I'll pick one up.

A preshot routine setting would be helpful for me. I want to pick up that last second indecision where I'm all lined up on a shot, but decide at the last second to adjust a little and then miss the whole damn thing by a mile. BUZZ, you shifted your shot while you're down, get the hell back up and start again.

It's probably a pipe dream, based on the variety of pre-shot, though.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone, I think I'll pick one up.

A preshot routine setting would be helpful for me. I want to pick up that last second indecision where I'm all lined up on a shot, but decide at the last second to adjust a little and then miss the whole damn thing by a mile. BUZZ, you shifted your shot while you're down, get the hell back up and start again.

It's probably a pipe dream, based on the variety of pre-shot, though.

I'm working on a cue ball that tells you where your tip landed. I can barely get the prototype to work, but imagine if it eventually worked well enough to become a product.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, for max results, you should have a training partner or practice buddy to work with you,
The benefits of knowing why the device activated is limited in scope until or unless you can
identify what you are doing with your stroke and it’s errant movement. You might think to
yourself you can figure it out on your own. Well, it is easy to do that when your stroke flaws
are conspicuous and you can feel something isn’t right. But the more subtle aspects & slight
movement, body position, stance, pendulum, wrist stability, grip, length of backstroke and
straight line penetration beyond the cue ball’s position, etc. are beyond what the device offers.
Knowing what might be wrong with your stroke is a helluva lot different than knowing what to do to fix it.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO, for max results, you should have a training partner or practice buddy to work with you,
The benefits of knowing why the device activated is limited in scope until or unless you can
identify what you are doing with your stroke and it’s errant movement. You might think to
yourself you can figure it out on your own. Well, it is easy to do that when your stroke flaws
are conspicuous and you can feel something isn’t right. But the more subtle aspects & slight
movement, body position, stance, pendulum, wrist stability, grip, length of backstroke and
straight line penetration beyond the cue ball’s position, etc. are beyond what the device offers.
Knowing what might be wrong with your stroke is a helluva lot different than knowing what to do to fix it.

I think setting up a phone to record your stroke would work well paired with the digicue.

Last edited:

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I'm working on a cue ball that tells you where your tip landed. I can barely get the prototype to work, but imagine if it eventually worked well enough to become a product.

All you would really need there is a training ball with lots of lines or numbers and such, and a chalk that does a great job of leaving a mark on the ball (but cleans easily).

Work on the chalk instead :grin-square: