Revo vs Meucci carbon fiber

Cheessehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone give an evaluation of the two shafts. I’m curious to know if the the meucci is as low of deflection as the revo or is it more like the cuetec.

juvecoop

Registered
Can anyone give an evaluation of the two shafts. I’m curious to know if the the meucci is as low of deflection as the revo or is it more like the cuetec.
Funny, I was going to ask the exact same question. I know they are at Expo with all pin styles etc. and was thinking about having a friend pick one up for me.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, I was going to ask the exact same question. I know they are at Expo with all pin styles etc. and was thinking about having a friend pick one up for me.

Message Roy for a discount if you do. I see it on budgetbilliards for 399 with a 3-4wk wait.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a revo 12.9 for around 5-6 weeks now and had a chance to hit a couple dozen balls what th a meucci carbon pro last Sunday night. With what little time I had with the meucci it seems deflection is on par with revo.

As you know hit is subjective . The meucci hits softer than the revo in my opinion. I ordered a meuccie pro shaft 3 weeks ago and was told last Sunday it may be end of April before I get mine. I special ordered mine with rings to match my gambler.

One thing of note that may be a problem...or not. The joint on the shaft I shot with is slightly larger then the butt. Does not bother my friend who owns the shaft . Its a pre production shaft so who knows how they will turn out. Seems like they are in demand . I was told there were 700 orders ahead of mine when I ordered it 3 weeks ago. I was told that one order was for 300 shafts from one dealer.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One other thing of note. It has a white ferule and it comes standard with a ultra skin medium tip but I suppose you could order whatever tip you want.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i bought 17 Meucci to be a dealer a few years back

every one was warped

I called and they said "tough luck"

I have hated the company ever since,this was not a n
isolated incident,many tell me horror stories

I would much rather buy Predator,in fact i bought 2 retail

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i bought 17 Meucci to be a dealer a few years back

every one was warped

I called and they said "tough luck"

I have hated the company ever since,this was not a n
isolated incident,many tell me horror stories

I would much rather buy Predator,in fact i bought 2 retail

Its pretty well known that at one time meuccie's quality control suffered. Rhat was back when bob did not spend much time at the factory. Since he became more hands on in the day to day operation their quality has improved.

He is also sponsoring several pros which can't be a bad thing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I always thought it’s “because” of Bob that the cues were/are/will be low quality. He’s about the only constant in the company throughout all its years. You can see in his factory tour video he’s proud as shit, but the factory in the background is a pigsty.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its pretty well known that at one time meuccie's quality control suffered. Rhat was back when bob did not spend much time at the factory. Since he became more hands on in the day to day operation their quality has improved.

He is also sponsoring several pros which can't be a bad thing.

Didn’t spend time in the factory lol more like they were super popular and he wanted to push them out as fast as possible to grab as much money as he could quality be damned!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I always thought it’s “because” of Bob that the cues were/are/will be low quality. He’s about the only constant in the company throughout all its years. You can see in his factory tour video he’s proud as shit, but the factory in the background is a pigsty.

Its still the same today.

Edrick

Registered
Does anyone know if the Meucci CF shaft is a wood base like the Jacoby, or a foam base like the Revo/Mezz?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t spend time in the factory lol more like they were super popular and he wanted to push them out as fast as possible to grab as much money as he could quality be damned!

You are entitled to your opinion but usually opinions are based on some knowledge of the subject. My opinion is based on 2 things.

1. My friend that I ordered my meucci carbon pro is good friends with bob and stated quality suffered due to poor quality control for a time hen bob dis not spend much time there.

2. I have lived near the meucci factory for 10 years and visited it several times over that span. I did not see him as often back them as I have the last few times. I also played league at his factory for a while and saw him there several times. A couple times I saw sky Woodward practicing shots that bob was setting up for him. Also saw Shane mc minn there with them a few times.

I have bought 3 meuccis over the years ...all were purchased used and still have one that i purchased 4 your ago. Guess I was lucky compared to some people according to their experience they have shared. I never had a quality issue with any of the ones I have owned.

I have seen plenty of people around here with meuccis and have only encountered one that was in bad shape. Considering how the owner cares for his cues any brand would be in bad shape under his care. No case. carries it with 2 rubber bands holding them together. Keeps it behind the seat of his truck year round. Actually when you think about it...it is in damn good shape considering he has had it for 12 years .

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if the new carbon fiber Meucci cue is made at the meucci factory? Or is it contracted out to an Asian supplier?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The Meucci feels good, picked up a 12.25mm radial pin 30" at the expo yesterday. Really wanted a 12.00mm but they haven't been released yet. They do have 5 different diameters available which is good for many reasons, but since I have a 12mm Becue and a couple 12.4 revo's I decided the 12.25 Meucci would be fine. I did sell my Cuetec Cynergy last week because I didn't like it.

I can't really give a full opinion or review on the Meucci yet because I didn't get to hit many balls with it at all yesterday due to the walking around the expo and the pain my back and leg was in. Hope to shoot with it at length on Thursday night.

FWIW, Pechauer also had a prototype of there's at the expo too but didn't get a chance to try it out for the same reason as above. Not sure of that diameter either but did notice the ferrule was maybe only a 1/8" as opposed to Meucci and Cuetec.

Was only at the expo for 4 hours and had to see some people that I only see there so didn't get the opportunity to go check out the Jacoby black or the Mezz ignite.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if the new carbon fiber Meucci cue is made at the meucci factory? Or is it contracted out to an Asian supplier?

IMO, being made in their factory is not a plus....its a negative as I've been in their place and it was a disaster area.

Not impressed at all with their shop.

tinh339

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing a Cue Tech carbon shaft uni-lock with predator roadliner butt. I hits very nice with Kamui medium on it. I just bought a Meucci and a Ignite 5/14x16 to fit my Showman. When i get home, i will see which one i like the best. I also try out the Be cue one, they hits good as well. Jacoby is very good as well.
Regards
Peter

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
For anyone with the Meucci or any other shaft they want to compare to the Revo or any other shaft, the natural pivot length test starting at the 4:22 point in the following video is an easy and a reliable way to do it:

NV J.12 - How to Select a Pool Cue, Cue Ball Deflection, Carbon Fiber, Revo vs. Cuetec

Regards,
Dave