GV 4 question

jologs1

Registered
hhi all i have a gc 4 i just purchased a month ago . its a use table abt 10 yrs old . ive heard in this forum that there is a frame defect on this particular model . causing slate sagging on the head and food area . i read abt it and understand that it because of the head and foot frame not being fully secured to the body frame . now my table is 100 % leveled right now thanks to fernando from orlando fl billiards . how often does this sagging occur ? is it common and has anyone here ever experienced this on their gc 4 . thanks .

Last edited:

jologs1

Registered
gc 4 frame pic

here is my gc frame pic . the foot and head frame looks ok to me for now :sorry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 230

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When the moisture content in the frame drys out, the wood shrinks. When the wood shrinks in the end cross members they start sagging under the weight of trying to support the end slates level.

jologs1

Registered
Thank you rkc , ill keep a close eye one these defect areas . Kinda sucks , why does it have to be on a gc 4 and not the other models ! Haha j/ k :confused:

jologs1

Registered
Can the angle iron be installed while slates are on ? I really dont want to strip the table , i just had it fine tuned yesterday . And yes the mechanic used the foot end adjustable shims , so im checking the joint frequently for any sagging i that area