WANTED PROPER Model B--1 piece bar cue roller extension

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To do work on 1 piece bar cues and also,

ALSO, Porper Model B and C Foot Controller for Wraps and such.

let me know what u have and what the price is or if you want something in trade, pool related??

thanks

mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
To do work on 1 piece bar cues and also,

ALSO, Porper Model B and C Foot Controller for Wraps and such.

let me know what u have and what the price is or if you want something in trade, pool related??

thanks

mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

I have what you want but last time you didn't by anything so much for that

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea what the foot control sold for?

Just looked, I have the catalog for the lathe from 1994. Lol
Price for the steady rest is there but no price listed for the foot pedal. It went with the lathe.

Last edited:

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
Any idea what the foot control sold for?

Just looked, I have the catalog for the lathe from 1994. Lol
Price for the steady rest is there but no price listed for the foot pedal. It went with the lathe.

If you need the foot pedal I have one make me an offer
Thanks
Juan and UK

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you need the foot pedal I have one make me an offer
Thanks
Juan and UK

Thank you but I have one. Don't really care if I sell it. Mike's an ok kid that I don't mind helping out. Curious what it's worth. The steady rest sold for $125 in 1994.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Muellers had Porpers inventory of parts. Has anyone had any luck with them? As a side note I like how the steady rest works on the Porper so I adapted it to one of my metal lathes. I reverse engineered the one I had and created a cad model of the various parts. I was going to do a batch of parts on the cnc. Does anyone know if there would be any patent right infringements to selling parts for these machines?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Muellers had Porpers inventory of parts. Has anyone had any luck with them? As a side note I like how the steady rest works on the Porper so I adapted it to one of my metal lathes. I reverse engineered the one I had and created a cad model of the various parts. I was going to do a batch of parts on the cnc. Does anyone know if there would be any patent right infringements to selling parts for these machines?

So far Meullers web site only list the 3 centers. Parts inventory from Joe's shop to there's hasn't been released to my knowledge but I'm not one of thier customers so I don't know.
As far as Joe Porper. I don't know if he ever tried to put patent on anything. He kept things to himself pretty much with the exception of selling his products. Certain things were never released. Wiring schematic for one. He wanted to control it as much as he could so the machine didn't get copied.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far Meullers web site only list the 3 centers. Parts inventory from Joe's shop to there's hasn't been released to my knowledge but I'm not one of thier customers so I don't know.
As far as Joe Porper. I don't know if he ever tried to put patent on anything. He kept things to himself pretty much with the exception of selling his products. Certain things were never released. Wiring schematic for one. He wanted to control it as much as he could so the machine didn't get copied.

I would be happy buying parts for these machines when needed but if they are no longer supported then the alternative is to make them. So if I am going to set up to make certain parts then may as well make a batch. I would keep a few parts for myself and then sell the rest to pay for the time I have invested. I have two model B's one is the real early model with no carriage and one later model.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be happy buying parts for these machines when needed but if they are no longer supported then the alternative is to make them. So if I am going to set up to make certain parts then may as well make a batch. I would keep a few parts for myself and then sell the rest to pay for the time I have invested. I have two model B's one is the real early model with no carriage and one later model.

No carriage is the model A. The early B models had a solid brass block opposite the feed screw gear. The idler gear spring pressured was my design that replaced the block. I've had calls from a few looking for the brass gear if that's helps in your planning.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I messaged Juan and he sold the items,

A price was never stated, so, If Michael would like to sell, let me know what you would like for it,

Muellers, used to have the foot controller on the parts list and I think the price was, $70.00 for the foot controller. I never saw the steady rest for the 1 piece bar cues, listed on muellers price list.

thanks

mike

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A price was never stated, so, If Michael would like to sell, let me know what you would like for it,

Muellers, used to have the foot controller on the parts list and I think the price was, $70.00 for the foot controller. I never saw the steady rest for the 1 piece bar cues, listed on muellers price list.

thanks

mike

No longer available. Figured you didn't want it seeing you didn't return the CALLS.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have a shop made roller bearing setup that would be an upgrade over the Porper version. Just mount it to your bench and you're good to go. PM if you want pictures. $20 plus shipping will be in a large flat rate box.

For the foot pedal, just make your own

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey mike,

My phone has been down all weekend, But, I tried to contact you directly on the AZ but you dont have a PM available on your account.

I definitely was not ignoring you.

I had to contact Juan First to try to find out a price and then he stated he sold his, that is when I posted back on this listing to let you know.

I still dont have phone until I replace mine probably on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

respectfully

mike:thumbup: